• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Entropia

No One Remembers
tumblr_ncf5e7cv2d1stdzzwo1_1280.jpg

Wow Matthew, that's a pretty swag shirt!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Ascension will save Raw

LyDkyF2.gif

Pmwfmj5.png

Some people have serious issues with the Ascension though.
11I5edK.png

joelseph

Hate to say it but I'm looking forward to this turned up version of the A Team. Loving the smoke and lightning effects in their promos!

I want to believe that the WWE are self-aware about how dumb Ascension looks, and their gimmick is going to be that of an 80s tag team stuck in modern times, like Anchorman or some shit. I just can't believe somebody at WWE watched the first promo they did and were like "Man that was sick as fuck lets do another one". Then again...WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want to believe that the WWE are self-aware about how dumb Ascension looks, and their gimmick is going to be that of an 80s tag team stuck in modern times, like Anchorman or some shit. I just can't believe somebody at WWE watched the first promo they did and were like "Man that was sick as fuck lets do another one". Then again...WWE.

Worked well for Rusev. Give us more throwback gimmicks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Time to bring back the Occupations Era, but with a modern twist. Have Bo come back as Abel the App Developer.

Jesus, could you imagine if the "WWE Social Media Guy" was Bo Dallas? And make him wrestle? Blech

Meltzerz reporting that it's possible that dissatisfaction with management is at an all time high and word around the locker room is one or two indie favorites are looking to shoot their way to an unscripted Royal Rumble win. Things could change, but the belief is that being bold like this is the only way to get a Wrestlemania match on a card reportedly maybe stocked with part time wrestlers.

EDIT: I'm legit curious: what started this long, slow burn strobogo-Aiii feud?

And what exactly (assuming this is actually true) do those Indy favorites think is gonna happen after this?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. All that Illuminati talk is what is going to hurt them.

I can't believe someone out there feels that way. Foolishness.

When I think "illuminati" I don't think of the Ascension

Aiii

So not worth it
There is no doubt in my mind that The Ascension are going to be tag-team champions in a few months.

I do doubt that being tag-team champions in WWE can be called an achievement by any stretch of the imagination though, it's not exactly a highly contended title that even they themselves pretend means anything.

Joeki11a

Banned
Get ready for ridiculous WM rumors

Already heard Taker vs Brock & Romanfor the title...aka protect Old Callaway Brock leaves to ufc.

Seth vs Sting vs HHH aka put over Seth the new Heyman guy since Brock is leaving.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There is no doubt in my mind that The Ascension are going to be tag-team champions in a few months.

I do doubt that being tag-team champions in WWE can be called an achievement by any stretch of the imagination though, it's not exactly a highly contended title that even they themselves pretend means anything.

I agree completely.

I was a dorky child.

FACT

Nah man, that cat is dope as fuck. Ain't nothin' wrong with having a dope-ass cat.

EDIT: lol that's Tyson? I shoulda known

Joeki11a

Banned
Ancesion biggest problem is those cheap ass goofy attires, if they change that they can look more realistic not like a bunch of clowns.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ancesion biggest problem is those cheap ass goofy attires, if they change that they can look more realistic not a bunch of clowns.

MMA trunks would be a step in the right direction

strobogo

Banned

Every new tag team in the past 12 years or so wins the tag titles within 2-3 months of debuting, so it does indeed seem like a lock.

I'm sure Ascension will get a monster heel tag team run, but my question is what exactly does running through WWE's tag "division" do for anyone? It's not like there's any prestige there. Incidentally, they should consider putting some of the "top" guys like Orton in a tag team, if only to raise the profile of the tag matches somewhat.

Browny

Banned
Incidentally, they should consider putting some of the "top" guys like Orton in a tag team, if only to raise the profile of the tag matches somewhat.
Jericho / Big Show (Miz?) and Edge / Orton both lifted the titles higher than they are now.

They should do an actual Lethal Lottery Battle Bowl special... that would be awesome.

Top Bottom