• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

I didn't think his theme could get any better, but I was wrong.

tdy_paulaGIF_1_130222.gif
Get it Paula. She knows what's up.

What a difference one year makes...

Last year everyone hated Dave and now we are all begging him to save us.
Ain't nobody begging for him to come back.

Scottify

If anything, Wrassle-GAF is cyclical. How many guys have been loved, then hated, then loved again, then hated again.

Also wanted to show off my awesome new lethal lottery avatar

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I was Dave, I would never want to go back to WWE. It's just like The Rock, why degrade yourself just so some mid carder can get pissy about taking away his 'main event' spot that he was never gonna get anyways.

Verendus

Banned
Reigns needs a hated heel to work with really. Think about it. Lesnar struggles to get much of a reaction as it is.

It's time to invest in Batista and take advantage of how much people hate him. He can bury Bryan, Ambrose, Cena, Orton, Cesaro, all on the way to Wrestlemania 33. It's a perfect plan. It's really what they should have done this year, but I'm giving them a chance. A chance to fix their mistake.

Cagey

Banned
It's time for Batista to win the Rumble, beat Lesnar, and have a year long title reign into Wrestlemania 33. At that time, he'll put Reigns over and make his exit.

Vince needs to do what's best for business. And what's best for business is for Batista to headline Wrestlemania.

Vince can't afford a full year of Dave Bautista.

Aiii

So not worth it
If anything, Wrassle-GAF is cyclical. How many guys have been loved, then hated, then loved again, then hated again.

Also wanted to show off my awesome new lethal lottery avatar

I am pleased, I may have squeeled like a little girl a little.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Let's be honest here, who ever wins the rumble is only going to be keeping the seat warm for a couple of years until the REAL number one face of WWE get's his due.

NXT_170_Photo_04.jpg

All the dave love I guess everyone forgot how fuckin' gassed he got at EC and Mania? Didn't he spend most of that triple threat laying outside of the ring?

I wouldn't mind seeing him in good form and motivated but I doubt he's got the time for that.

Drew seems to be doing well for himself in the British circuit or something so I doubt 3MB are coming back

For some reason I just don't see any of the mid-tier guys from that era ever coming back: Shelton, JoMo, Drew, Festus, etc. They all say the door's open but I think if they actually took the invitation they'd be turned away. It's a shame but I dunno that's my gut feeling

strobogo

Banned
If I was Dave I wouldn't come back because my last run was awful

BellaHeadphones.gif

I wouldn't come back because no one wanted him or appreciated him, and now he's risking injuries more than ever to his movie career that is going to include GOTG2 and likely Avengers 3 and probably a cameo or two in some other Marvel movie. He was injury prone in his prime. Now he's 45 and there is no need to risk it.

Sephzilla

I wouldn't come back because no one wanted him or appreciated him, and now he's risking injuries more than ever to his movie career that is going to include GOTG2 and likely Avengers 3 and probably a cameo or two in some other Marvel movie. He was injury prone in his prime. Now he's 45 and there is no need to risk it.

Yeah, he's honestly better off in movies right now.

Speaking of Batista movies - I watched Riddick finally the other weekend and thought it was pretty fun.

Scottify

I haven't seen a FAVE FIVE in here for awhile. Let's try one.

What are your fave five gimmick match types?

1) Steel Cage (only way to win is climb out over the top)
2) War Games
3) Hell In A Cell
4) Money In the Bank Ladder Match
5) Royal Rumble match

1. Exploding Barbed Wire Hell Deathmatch
2. Caribbean Spider Web Deathmatch
3. Electrified 200 Lighttubes Deathmatch
4. Yokohama Amazon River Deathmatch
5. Razor Board Hell Deathmatch

Gonzalez

Banned
Fave Five Gimmick Matches

5. Casket Match
4. Chicago Street Fight
3. Texas Death Match
2. Silver Dollars on a Pole
1. Cry Baby Match

Aiii

So not worth it
FAVE FIVE GIMMICK MATCHES
1. Royal Rumble
2. Elimination Chamber Match
3. Hell in a Cell Match*
4. TLC Match*
5. War Games

*Actual blood-feud matches only, not the WWE "we have a PPV named after this, so we're just booking one of these matches because we have to" matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five Gimmick Matches

5. Ladder Match
4. Brawl for All Rules
3. 2/3 Falls Match
2. Falls Count Anywhere
1. Coal Miner's Glove

FAVE FIVE GIMMICK MATCHES
1. Royal Rumble
2. Elimination Chamber Match
3. Hell in a Cell Match*
4. TLC Match*
5. War Games

*Actual blood-feud matches only, not the WWE "we have a PPV named after this, so we're just booking one of these matches because we have to" matches.
This is so annoying.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Fave Five Gimmick Matches:

5. Three Stages of Hell

4. Street Fight

3. Ladder Match

2. Elimination Chamber

1. Iron Man*

*Between wrestlers that can actually pull it off.

Yeah, he's honestly better off in movies right now.

Speaking of Batista movies - I watched Riddick finally the other weekend and thought it was pretty fun.
Isn't it? I love how the first act is man vs wild, the second act a slashed movie with Riddick in the Jason Voorhees role, and the last act Pitch Black 2.

Dave genuinely takes henchman no 2 and turns hims into a great character who by the time he steps out of the henchman position you have already come to see as much more than just one of the mercs.

I never much rated Dave in the WWE (wasn't watching during that heel run), but he has found his calling, and while his last run left a lot to be desired from his in ring work, where they went with his character and promos was really high level stuff.

Dwayne and Dave are both financially set for life already, and they've still got Fast + Furious and Marvel money respectively to collect.

Meanwhile Vince is stuck with the corpses of Cena and Reigns, a failing network, and people abandoning ship with the horror stories from past talent growing by the month.

Who needs who more? :] #PunkWasRight #DaveWasRight

Sephzilla

Dwayne and Dave are both financially set for life already, and they've still got Fast + Furious and Marvel money respectively to collect.

Speaking of Rock, I watched GI Joe Retaliation on Sunday because I was bored. I... actually thought the movie was decently fun to watch.

Isn't it? I love how the first act is man vs wild, the second act a slashed movie with Riddick in the Jason Voorhees role, and the last act Pitch Black 2.

Dave genuinely takes henchman no 2 and turns hims into a great character who by the time he steps out of the henchman position you have already come to see as much more than just one of the mercs.

I never much rated Dave in the WWE (wasn't watching during that heel run), but he has found his calling, and while his last run left a lot to be desired from his in ring work, where they went with his character and promos was really high level stuff.

I liked that Riddick didn't ignore Chronicles of Riddick and actually made a logical transition from that into, essentially, Pitch Black 2. Chronicles tried to expand that movie universe way too fast but I still liked it in spite of that.

And yeah, 100% agreed on Batista. Never was too high on him as a wrestler but he's definitely coming into his own in movies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Where's the big dog's teddy bear?

WSS_Plush_Hogan.1.jpg

o_wwf-wwe-15-hulk-hogan-hulk-rules-teddy-bear-5db8.jpg

o_wwf-15-hulk-hogan-hulkamania-stuffed-teddy-bear-10cc.jpg

I like these more than I care to admit. There's always these too.
I love old wrestling merch

Speaking of Rock, I watched GI Joe Retaliation on Sunday because I was bored. I... actually thought the movie was decently fun to watch.

The second movie is considered a much better movie than the first for a multitude of reasons. 2nd one is totally watchable.

Top Bottom