• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Would have been nice to get 3 but I spent my coins on bullshit these last few months without doing weeklies. Only got the 2

No doubt horn will miraculously become the exotic I get all the time

Ambitious

Just making sure I got this right: PoE has two kinds of rewards: The ones you get by completing it, and the loots chest at the end, which are two standard chests and one big chest requiring a treasure key. The former are weekly rewards, but you can open the chests every time you complete PoE.
There are four difficulties, but they're basically different missions, which means you can play it four times and get rewards all four times. It's not like the weekly heroic, where it's sufficient to just play the highest difficulty to get all rewards. Correct so far?

I see that Armor Cores are guaranteed drops at level 32 and Etheric Light is guaranteed at level 34. Given that I have three level 32 characters, I guess the best way to get to 34 is to play PoE 32 (x3), buy an armor piece from Variks (--> level 33) and then play PoE 34 (x3) in order to use Etheric Light to ascend the last two armor pieces of my first character. If I then manage to complete PoE 35, I will have two more EL's to bring the second character to 34 this week.

Sounds too easy to be true, surely I am missing something?

Just making sure I got this right: PoE has two kinds of rewards: The ones you get by completing it, and the loots chest at the end, which are two standard chests and one big chest requiring a treasure key. The former are weekly rewards, but you can open the chests every time you complete PoE.
There are four difficulties, but they're basically different missions, which means you can play it four times and get rewards all four times. It's not like the weekly heroic, where it's sufficient to just play the highest difficulty to get all rewards. Correct so far?

I see that Armor Cores are guaranteed drops at level 32 and Etheric Light is guaranteed at level 34. Given that I have three level 32 characters, I guess the best way to get to 34 is to play PoE 32 (x3), buy an armor piece from Variks (--> level 33) and then play PoE 34 (x3) in order to use Etheric Light to ascend the last two armor pieces of my first character. If I then manage to complete PoE 35, I will have two more EL's to bring the second character to 34 this week.

That's about it, seeing as we're close to reset, I'd do the 32/34s buy the armour pieces and save your lights. Then Tuesday you'll be able to buy another armour piece and ascend one more for lvl34. You can then do the 34s for extra light to ascend guns

If that makes sense

ocean

Banned

That's perfect! Yeah running PoE 32 twice to get two characters at 33, then having them both do 34 and then Character 1 use both Etheric Lights is how most of us got to 34 on the first week of HoW launch.

You understood everything perfect. Just a few reminders:
- The very first time you use a Treasure Key, you get a guaranteed Exotic. This is per character, not per account.
- Keep a Treasure key stashed before you do PoE 35. First time you beat it, Treasure Key = guaranteed Skolas shader, emblem, ship.
- Another way to boost progress along is Trials of Osiris. 5 wins = 42 Light armor piece. 6 wins and you'll likely get an Ethericn Light too. 8 wins and you might get an Exotic or other Etheric. And 9 wins/no losses = even more Etheric Light + elemental primary (guaranteed) + Exotic chance.

Already finished.

giphy.gif

YomommaZ

So I finally fired up Destiny this weekend for the first time since late 2014. I had the intention to start playing again after all the good changes that are supposed to happen in TTK.

I finally managed to get my paws on G-horny and in my first Nightfall a wild Hawkmoon drops which was also my first...

When I thought I was out
Wu8v2X9.gif

Bungie pls

Tecnniqe

Banned
So I finally fired up Destiny this weekend for the first time since late 2014. I had the intention to start playing again after all the good changes that are supposed to happen in TTK.

I finally managed to get my paws on G-horny and in my first Nightfall a wild Hawkmoon drops which was also my first...

When I thought I was out
Wu8v2X9.gif

Bungie pls

Imma let you finish but that Hawkianmoon was mine.

Klyka

Banned
I would love to do either Skolas or the Trials of Osiris someday soon.
Maybe even this evening. Can I get light lvl 42 helmet from Osiris?

I would love to do either Skolas or the Trials of Osiris someday soon.
Maybe even this evening. Can I get light lvl 42 helmet from Osiris?

RNG from the gold package (8 wins)

Last week was the helmet, this week chest, next week will be boots (for 5 wins)

Had a crazy run last night with Blaze and Zombiemortar, where you'd think that would be a guaranteed flawless but, we got wrecked every match. We even managed to pull a 1,1,0 card :d With Blaze snatching his 1 with milliseconds left

One weekend of ToO action and still no 5 wins in a row... :(

You only need 3 wins, buy all the boons that will give you one win on your card, if you win your first match you get the double win taking you to 3 wins, if you don't win that you can keep buying that buff until you use it.

Trials is a very different animal, try to get with another two and keep at it, it will come eventually

deoee

You only need 3 wins, buy all the boons that will give you one win on your card, if you win your first match you get the double win taking you to 3 wins, if you don't win that you can keep buying that buff until you use it.

Trials is a very different animal, try to get with another two and keep at it, it will come eventually

I tried it with 4 or 5 groups and we always got to 4 wins then got crushed the last 2 games.
It's like the game matchmakes us with far superior enemies when getting close to 5 games :D

Edit: Probelm is I dont own that many Passage Coins, got like 6 left after this weekend.

Ambitious

That's about it, seeing as we're close to reset, I'd do the 32/34s buy the armour pieces and save your lights. Then Tuesday you'll be able to buy another armour piece and ascend one more for lvl34. You can then do the 34s for extra light to ascend guns

If that makes sense

I wasn't gonna ascend any Legendaries at all, as they're gonna be obsolete in a month. But I just realized I'd be at a disadvantage in PoE 35 with 331 dmg Legendaries. How big of a disadvantage, though? 365 dmg is just ~10% more than 331.

That's perfect! Yeah running PoE 32 twice to get two characters at 33, then having them both do 34 and then Character 1 use both Etheric Lights is how most of us got to 34 on the first week of HoW launch.

You understood everything perfect. Just a few reminders:
- The very first time you use a Treasure Key, you get a guaranteed Exotic. This is per character, not per account.
- Keep a Treasure key stashed before you do PoE 35. First time you beat it, Treasure Key = guaranteed Skolas shader, emblem, ship.
- Another way to boost progress along is Trials of Osiris. 5 wins = 42 Light armor piece. 6 wins and you'll likely get an Ethericn Light too. 8 wins and you might get an Exotic or other Etheric. And 9 wins/no losses = even more Etheric Light + elemental primary (guaranteed) + Exotic chance.

Yeah, I'm gonna make sure I have at least one treasure key before starting PoE. Would be a wasted opportunity otherwise.

How long does it approximately take to win that many ToO matches?

I wasn't gonna ascend any Legendaries at all, as they're gonna be obsolete in a month. But I just realized I'd be at a disadvantage in PoE 35 with 331 dmg Legendaries. How big of a disadvantage, though? 365 dmg is just ~10% more than 331?

You will want max level weapons for skolas. We are already a level below the enemies so all of them are bullet sponges. Max weapons will less that slightly and can make all the difference. If you think the legendaries will be obsolete, what's to stop etheric light being obsolete? May as well use it while you can and get the benefit from it.

maomaoIYP

I tried it with 4 or 5 groups and we always got to 4 wins then got crushed the last 2 games.
It's like the game matchmakes us with far superior enemies when getting close to 5 games :D

Edit: Probelm is I dont own that many Passage Coins, got like 6 left after this weekend.

Passage coins drop from normal crucible too. I had over 100 coins before I ever started playing ToO.
Are you still level 32? What weapons are you using in ToO?

Blame Blaze, it's a tradition.

It was what I was thinking

You're obviously getting there, stick with a full card and you should get more than 9 coins back

I wasn't gonna ascend any Legendaries at all, as they're gonna be obsolete in a month. But I just realized I'd be at a disadvantage in PoE 35 with 331 dmg Legendaries. How big of a disadvantage, though? 365 dmg is just ~10% more than 331.

Yeah, I'm gonna make sure I have at least one treasure key before starting PoE. Would be a wasted opportunity otherwise.

How long does it approximately take to win that many ToO matches?

The only guns worth ascending (imo) are Fatebringer, Fang, VoC, Found Verdict and Black Hammer, you'll notice a big difference with them at 365. They'll also still be viable going forward for everything before TTK and probably Nightfalls

A Trials match is anything from 5-10 minutes

Use your Gjallarhorn.

:D

deoee

Passage coins drop from normal crucible too. I had over 100 coins before I ever started playing ToO.
Are you still level 32? What weapons are you using in ToO?

Yeah I had like 20 coins and while playing ToO I always had enough to buy 2 of 3 buffs.

33, I'm using Suros or Thorn, party crusher +1, some rocketlauncher I dunno the name of.

Edit: I have The Last Word too but it's not that far in it's upgrade path o.o

I did also the cannon you can pick up and it didn't do anything. Also he was weak to Arc but my Techeun Force did nothing. I'll have another go today.

Not sure if you know this already, but if you hold down R2 when you land a hit with the scorch cannon it does more damage. Just listen out for the sound.

Also shotgun works best.

GutZ31

I did also the cannon you can pick up and it didn't do anything. Also he was weak to Arc but my Techeun Force did nothing. I'll have another go today.

I would highly suggest using a shotgun, as fusion rifles are dreadfully underpowered for killing things like bosses.

If you don't have an arc shotty, you may wish to pick one up from one of the vendors in the tower, and reroll.

Or, get the dead orbit shotty, as it is already arc.
Not sure if you know this already, but if you hold down R2 when you land a hit with the scorch cannon it does more damage. Just listen out for the sound.

Also shotgun works best.
Yeah, you may be letting go of your R2 too soon.
Let it charge for at least 2 "boosts", and then let it go for multiplied damage.

First tier (2.5 seconds) charge increases base damage by 125% (2.25x).
Second tier (5 seconds) damage increases base damage by 250% (3.5x).

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/36h2su/generalizing_scorch_cannon_damage/

maomaoIYP

Yeah I had like 20 coins and while playing ToO I always had enough to buy 2 of 3 buffs.

33, I'm using Suros or Thorn, party crusher +1, some rocketlauncher I dunno the name of.

Edit: I have The Last Word too but it's not that far in it's upgrade path o.o

Stick to thorn, forget about suros till the patch comes in. Practice getting 2 headshots in a row with thorn. 2 headshots or 1 headshot + grenade = death. Once you see those two yellow numbers pop out, duck back under cover.

Hyun Sai

Stick to thorn, forget about suros till the patch comes in. Practice getting 2 headshots in a row with thorn. 2 headshots or 1 headshot + grenade = death. Once you see those two yellow numbers pop out, duck back under cover.

Won't work against Ram users though, so he must be careful of those.

shas'la

a-hoy-hoy Destiny GAF.

Is there a thread or place to find people to join up with for Trials of Osiris ? All my friends play casually and i just really want to get to 5 wins to get the sweet chest Armour ( i'd actually consider myself pretty OK - always positive K/D!)

Liamc723

a-hoy-hoy Destiny GAF.

Is there a thread or place to find people to join up with for Trials of Osiris ? All my friends play casually and i just really want to get to 5 wins to get the sweet chest Armour ( i'd actually consider myself pretty OK - always positive K/D!)

Right here.

Top Bottom