• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many boost gates direct you out of a logical racing line. You can see this in tunnels when a lot of boost gates hit at an angle direct you into the walls. The pro thing to do is approach the gate and angle yourself on the racing line ahead of time so it boosts you in the direction you are travelling (Not facing, but physically moving). If you need to turn into a boost gate, you are at the mercy of the physics engine. I want to number every example in both tracks, but there is one toward the beginning of each track (Left on Venus, Right on Mars) leaving a big easy uphill curve where the tracks begin to loop overhead. You can hug the inside so tight but hitting that gate shoots you right for the wall. On Mars, there's the canyon jump heading toward the ramp with a pillar right in front of it. There are three steps to the left and on gate right in the middle. Problem is this gate sucks. It is heading toward a left turn so you can hit it straight and take the turn way too wide, or you can try and turn left through it and hope you dodge the two obstacles right in your way. In all these situations, I would recommend avoiding the gate and preserving the racing line, but that method is unsuccessful because...

It's a strategy thing, take the speed gate and deal with the tougher route or take the easier route and miss the speed gate or in some cases attempt to take the speed gate and correct course to the easier route which is also obviously difficult. These decisions affect the racing in meaningful ways and give the player options which makes for more interesting racing in the end.

I love the SRL and hope they expand upon it with the obvious need for more tracks and racing gametypes.

I just started tracking The Division and its probably the next game I'll buy assuming it's out in March. Looks like just my kinda game if Destiny is any indication. I'll likely be getting it on console and PC at the same time.

Ill be getting The Division for PC most likely.

I miss yall. Had no time the past 2 days. Only did 3 SRL races total.

Need mah Destiny fix tonight

noomi

yesss yessss all the division talk here is making me

pic2700484.jpg

Pre-ordered PS4 version, but used beta key for the xbox so I can try it out early muahahaha. It's good, real good ;)

Will be on the PS4 for the actual release, all my friends will be as well.

Korosenai

Pretty sure Ned ran it with a 280-something the other day.
Xbox squad too gud.
Hell yeah my man. 286 Warlock with green 200 defense gauntlets. Many laughs were had. Like self res and then immediately die again.

We gonna hook you up Koro. We need to talk.
Sounds good, i'll be down to play this weekend. Trying to get diamond rank in Smite right now and won't be able to relax until i do lol.

yesss yessss all the division talk here is making me

pic2700484.jpg

Pre-ordered PS4 version, but used beta key for the xbox so I can try it out early muahahaha. It's good, real good ;)

Are you far in the alpha? I don't feel like I made traction yet, I need to hop back on but the destiny grind..

noomi

Are you far in the alpha? I don't feel like I made traction yet, I need to hop back on but the destiny grind..

Unfortunately not really, I think I put in about 3-4 hours only? Today will be the last day I can play before I go away for the weekend. I'm all over it tonight though, ALL OVER IT!

Strider

I'm downloading the Division alpha now actually. I need those of you with it to send me a friend request on XBL :D

I wont steal your
bad
loot drops I swear

Iceman829

I made it to lvl 8 in the beta last night just exploring around. Hit me up if you are looking to group up. Might have a buddy or 2 with me depending on the time.

GT - Iceman829

I'm really not that focused in the alpha for The Division. I care more about the beta, I just want to understand the basics in the alpha and then care about the beta so I can have a leg up when the game drops.

Axoman

I made it to lvl 8 in the beta last night just exploring around. Hit me up if you are looking to group up. Might have a buddy or 2 with me depending on the time.

GT - Iceman829

I'm hoping to try out the Division tonight Ice, I'll hit you up if you're on.

anx10us

Banned
Anyone wants to do HM Gog Challenge + sisters + Oryx (really need Oryx HM kill)?

Anyone doing KF Hard Mode tonight? I need to run it on my Hunter and Warlock and do Challenges on both. Add MrCapcom I should be on around 8-10pm est

I haven't done HM yet this week, happy to do full or start from Golgorth Challenge and then continue through to end ..

I'm available to start in about 90 minutes, about 8:30 GMT ?

psn aanx10uss

noomi

For some reason I didn´t get an ALPHA code for the Devision from Amazon.

Can DGAF help me out?

Amazon should have sent you a 2nd email with a promo code, that needs to get used on the beta site. Got mine 5min after pre-ordering.

Guy who has XB1 Elite Controller

Guy who also owns XB1 Elite Controller

What do you guys use for your right stick sensitivity profiles + ingame sensitivity?

I've been swapping back between Smooth + 4 in game, and Default + 4 in game.

I feel like Smooth may be helping slow down fine adjustments when sniping due to the front end dead zone, but still give slightly more turn speed when fully moving the stick. But I'm not sure if my mind is just messing with me or not. Curious what you guys are doing.

P.S. Shadestep and Jump on paddles are amazing.

Iceman829

What do you guys use for your right stick sensitivity profiles + ingame sensitivity?

I've been swapping back between Smooth + 4 in game, and Default + 4 in game.

I feel like Smooth may be helping slow down fine adjustments when sniping due to the front end dead zone, but still give slightly more turn speed when fully moving the stick. But I'm not sure if my mind is just messing with me or not. Curious what you guys are doing.

P.S. Shadestep and Jump on paddles are amazing.

I'll have to check later. I'm at work right now. I have issues with Destiny's sensitivity in general. I feel slow in the game even with maxed sensitivity in game. I tuned my controller to feel comfortable in call of duty where I'm maxed as well. I'll see what I did and post it. I swapped out the sticks for the longer ones as they felt more comfortable to play with personally.

I'll have to check later. I'm at work right now. I have issues with Destiny's sensitivity in general. I feel slow in the game even with maxed sensitivity in game. I tuned my controller to feel comfortable in call of duty where I'm maxed as well. I'll see what I did and post it. I swapped out the sticks for the longer ones as they felt more comfortable to play with personally.

Thanks man.

I've been using the longer one on the right stick as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom