• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, it's good to be together again.

z2yrIWM.png

Iceman829

As the creator of Destiny |OT$20| Buy Our DLC

I must now reflect as we approach Destiny |OT$40|

I hope to not fail the 3 fans I had back in OT19. Also, need to make sure GhaleonEB is distracted when I post

ethomaz

Banned
2SC = 1 mote
5 motes = 100 rep
So 10SC= 100 rep
SC = 10 rep

Or

3SC = 5 heavy synth
1 synth = 25 rep
So 3SC= 125 rep
SC = 125/3 = 41.66666 > 10

So buy heavy from Xur with your SC
Thanks Heavy it will be.
I counted my resources too.

Heavy Packs: 457 (11425 reps)
Motes of Light: 1368 (27300 reps)
Spirit Bloom: 1432
Wormspore: 1076
Helium Filaments: 367

So between Heavy and Motes I already have 15 rank up... long way to 173 I need for all 25 for all chars.

Iceman829

I can also toss you a HM Golgo CP if needed.

My group of randoms couldn't complete it last night due to either A) people not paying attention to debuff or B) People missing shooting his back to take the gaze and blaming it on glitches. heh.

Sorry to hear that. I'll add you on my list. Never knew you played on X1 until you started asking about the elite controller

lt519

I mean, really. Even if they flat out said that the original emotes would be potential nightfall drops in 3 months, people still would have bought them. The type of person that buys that kind of stuff is going to buy it regardless of potential future availability.

Hell, it's the same system they do with their PvP maps

Exactly, there's no reason for them to be so mysterious about everything. The more upfront they are the better things will be for everyone. They tried to be upfront with the new patch but then when it comes out it's totally different. All those people that bought Auto Rifles with hard earned marks hoping they'd be useful, etc. Hopefully they'll address that, but outlining a weapons balance patch a month in advance was a good step, just stick to it.

It affects the casuals even more. My PR gets stealth nerfed w/e I have a Nirwen's, Hawksaw, and plenty of other options. But what about the guy that it takes 2 weeks to get enough marks to buy a weapon and he decides on a Red Death that unexpectedly gets smashed by 20%.

Today's update shouldn't be about patch numbers and %s. That's not the real problem. The problem is trust.

I would argue that the community doesn't trust Bungie at all anymore. Look at the subreddit. Does anyone believe Bungie anymore when they claim something is a bug? It goes back to the Atheon teleporting and the Collector's Edition ship was identical to one of the blueprint ships. Things that may be "bugs", but really strain the bounds of credibility. Then you've had their absolute silence for many of the Year 1 player problems like #Forever29. Then Crota's End cheeses getting fixed immediately, but player problems only getting fixed when its convenient. Heavy Ammo glitches taking 5 months to fix and clearly only a priority because the community wouldn't let it go. Recently you've had the $20 Collector's Edition debacle and Luke Smith's "throw money at the screen" comments. Things that wouldn't have been storms with a community that had any trust in the developer. But instead, we read the worst into both. Then you've got DeeJ who regularly seems to dismiss player concerns or just be unnecessarily glib. "My boss has 1657 weapon parts, so better act quick" is the recent example.

I think the natural state of the community in Destiny is salt, and mostly because Bungie has communicated poorly and set its priorities in ways that can be construed as player hostile. There are definite highs, but gravity drags it back down to salt.

Look at some of the posts even in DGAF yesterday when the shit was hitting the fan. People are primed to believe the absolute worst. To be clear, I don't believe Bungie is nefarious or evil. But they have their own priorities and they don't align with players quite often. And worse, they don't contextualize that.

The Bungie communication pattern is PR, silence, damage control, repeat. No part of that is player friendly. Because it often feels like Bungie's top priority for Destiny isn't the players, isn't the game, but Bungie itself. That's how these free events are being taken by people.

It doesn't have to be that way. Not every game is like this. Diablo isn't. Starcraft isn't. The community has come to a place

It won't happen. It can't happen. But I would love to see today's weekly update be about trying to de-salt the community. To reassert Bungie's love of and respect for the community. Have the Patch #'s discussed in a separate post. A little fireside chat with DeeJ, Cosmo and Urk.

tl;dr: Bungie should take a long view in damage control for once and address that the community has a lot of salt. Salt that's been building since Year one.

You can't trust anything they say. They'll say all the right things, but end up doing the opposite. Just look at the lead up to TTK release. The team talked about the Diablo 3 team coming in and giving the presentation and the point they drove home was random numbers weren't fun for the entire TTK PR cycle. What do they do? RNG upon RNG raid loot. It killed my raid team. They barely sign on Destiny anymore and I think with a long vacation, they won't be back in September since it looks like we'll just have events to keep us busy until that point.

You could also look at the talk of easing the grind, but the 8-10 changes that actually made the grind worst. I couldn't find the list, but I know it was floating around here and Reddit for awhile (removing faction rep bonuses, etc.) I can't tell you the last time I ranked a faction up. The 500 nightfall + 500 weekly reward was the main source of my faction rep and it's both been stripped out.

If I have tons of ascendent materials, I should convert them to glimmer and then buy weapon parts with them?

For rep dumping, converting materials to motes and then turning in the motes has the same conversion rate as turning those materials to glimmer and buying weapon parts.

I forgot there's a BWU coming out today haha.

Probably be basically 2 things:

-"Patch notes error"
-Hope you're enjoying SRL! Enjoy it until December whatever!
-Remember, keep buying Silver to fund more awesome events like this in 2016! ;)

SnakeEyes

Banned
How did you played Trials in Y1 with Warlocks? RAM was a requirement to win.
Nah man, Firebolt Grenade with Voidfang vestments chest piece. Ram was definitely not a requirement for victory :)

Also, BWU hasn't dropped yet right? I saw the top-of-page post and thought I'd missed some srs bsns.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
When do BWU's usually come out, time-wise?

God I hope they acknowledge and apologize for their fuckups and botching attempt and explain wtf was supposed to, did and will happen

Kaiken

Banned
I really wish they'd sell the spark of light to auto level you to 40. I have ZERO desire to build my warlock up to 40.
Took me roughly 8 hours to get my Titan from 25 to 40 and over 310 light by saving blue engrams and spare raid gear for infusing. He doesn't even have weapons of light yet. This was casually leveling him up also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom