• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't played anymore PvP today, just did NFalls and a little racing now. I'm down for some electro-boogie lazer light show Trials.

We've got 1 spot for racing if anyone wants to join and complete the fire team boosting.

Are you loggin in to Graverobber's account this weekend for Xur?

Nerix

I want to start playing Destiny with a few friends. What is the maximum and minimum player number that can play together in a party / raid?

DGAF birthday hype!

Dhruv's birthday yesterday.
EJRobinson's birthday today.

So I've been one the S class license quest step since pretty much the first night of SLR and I have not been able to place 1st a single time. I feel like I'm doing well in the races, I don't have a problem not exploding and while I will occasionally miss gates I am usually one of the people who hits the most in the race. But I can't get higher than 3rd. I'm using the S-34 Ravensteel sparrow, 160 speed, but it always feels like 2nd and 1st place are way ahead of me at the end of the race.

It's been a frustrating couple of days not being able to win any of these races, and at times it seems like this game goes to comical lengths to keep me from first (such as spawning me backwards or sending me flipping randomly during straight always). So does anyone have any tips for staying in front of the pack? I just want this quest gone, and I'd appreciate any suggestions or tips you guys may have to offer.

If you're on PS4, we can get a SRL train going if we have enough players, can boost wins for you.

1 spot for SRL train. Join on Ji66a_Man, UnstabIeH2o, or DrDrizzay101

What, no one invited me to this party :/

I was out half the day, back now, anyone still racing?

Nothus

So I've been one the S class license quest step since pretty much the first night of SLR and I have not been able to place 1st a single time. I feel like I'm doing well in the races, I don't have a problem not exploding and while I will occasionally miss gates I am usually one of the people who hits the most in the race. But I can't get higher than 3rd. I'm using the S-34 Ravensteel sparrow, 160 speed, but it always feels like 2nd and 1st place are way ahead of me at the end of the race.

It's been a frustrating couple of days not being able to win any of these races, and at times it seems like this game goes to comical lengths to keep me from first (such as spawning me backwards or sending me flipping randomly during straight always). So does anyone have any tips for staying in front of the pack? I just want this quest gone, and I'd appreciate any suggestions or tips you guys may have to offer.

I find that the biggest difference between the top racers and the rest of the pack is the use of the side boosts.
I do a hell of a lot of side boosting during a race, so you need to do tricks while in the air to keep your fuel levels up.
Learn to try and side boost your way around the hairpin corners by twisting your camera to the direction you WANT to go in, not necessarily the direction your sparrow is currently facing. That might sound weird but just play around with it and you should get the hang of it.
If you can time the boosts right, when your camera is facing in the right direction, you can immediately change the momentum of your sparrow and leave the other racers for dead. I've jumped from 6th to 1st through one hairpin bend before now by using this technique.

Krelian

I find that the biggest difference between the top racers and the rest of the pack is the use of the side boosts.
I do a hell of a lot of side boosting during a race, so you need to do tricks while in the air to keep your fuel levels up.
Learn to try and side boost your way around the hairpin corners by twisting your camera to the direction you WANT to go in, not necessarily the direction your sparrow is currently facing. That might sound weird but just play around with it and you should get the hang of it.
If you can time the boosts right, when your camera is facing in the right direction, you can immediately change the momentum of your sparrow and leave the other racers for dead. I've jumped from 6th to 1st through one hairpin bend before now by using this technique.
How do you do tricks? I can't figure it out. Do I need a special sparrow for that? I'm using the EV-40 Snowscream. Can't get a single 1st place either and it's very frustrating.

Nothus

How do you do tricks? I can't figure it out. Do I need a special sparrow for that? I'm using the EV-40 Snowscream. Can't get a single 1st place either and it's very frustrating.

I think you need to use a trick sparrow. I have no idea if the Snowscream is a trick sparrow or not, but I used the free trick sparrow everyone got ages ago (the one with the flames on) to get my S license and then used the reward I got from that from then on.

Once you're on a trick sparrow, any of the d pad directions while you're in the air should do a trick. I tend to press either down or up.

Krelian

I think you need to use a trick sparrow. I have no idea if the Snowscream is a trick sparrow or not, but I used the free trick sparrow everyone got ages ago (the one with the flames on) to get my S license and then used the reward I got from that from then on.

Once you're on a trick sparrow, any of the d pad directions while you're in the air should do a trick. I tend to press either down or up.
I don't have that sparrow. What are people who just started supposed to do? There must be some way to do tricks without it.

Is there anywhere that shows the total number of races completed?

I finished all the bounties so far (except for today's) and pretty sure I did well over 50 races yet I'm barely half way to rank 3.

And at this point I'll be rank 3 by the time the stupid rep bubble is unlocked on the class item. #whydoesarmortakesolongbungie

Deku Tree

Is there anywhere that shows the total number of races completed?

I finished all the bounties so far (except for today's) and pretty sure I did well over 50 races yet I'm barely half way to rank 3.

And at this point I'll be rank 3 by the time the stupid rep bubble is unlocked on the class item. #whydoesarmortakesolongbungie

https://guardian.gg/en/

They put them in a list and You can easily count them there. Not sure if it counts them for you somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom