• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning DGAF.

Today begins my hunt for the ugly yet powerful Twilight Garrison.

I've been getting nothing but 'random class' for my exotic engrams, and this never happened before from exotic engrams from 3oC for me that I can recall. My last 4 have all been for warlock and hunter, decoded with a titan. I don't even have a warlock.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Racing is way more rage inducing than trials. Be in first for 90% of the time and then get hit by some moron from behind only to get a speed downgrade for a split second letting everybody pass you.

Daemul

My haul so far today in 60 mins of SRL: 317, 318 and 319 helmets.

I can already taste muh 320 helmet, it's so close.

I already have a 320 Cloak from weeks ago so I don't give a fuck about cloak drops.

My haul so far today in 60 mins of SRL: 317, 318 and 319 helmets.

I can already taste muh 320 helmet, it's so close.

I already have a 320 Cloak from weeks ago so I don't give a fuck about cloak drops.

What is it that causes the higher level drops? Is it the license class, or the SRL level? (rep)

Lnkn52

Racing is way more rage inducing than trials. Be in first for 90% of the time and then get hit by some moron from behind only to get a speed downgrade for a split second letting everybody pass you.
That's why I like the Venus map more than the Mars. It happens to me all the time there, too much bumping and those damn laggy fans.

Do you guys also think that sparrow racing is kinda awesome and should be expanded?

Even with it's current simplicity the SRL kinda scratches an itch for a new iteration of a Burnout / Wave Race to some degree.

What I would like to see expanded are gametypes such as Time Trials w/ ghost mode, Elimination, Team Racing, and RoadBlaster (pikes or modified sparrows with machine guns and rockets, rocket pick-ups on the course, and a lot more unfriendly AI to take down in addition to other racers).

Then, obviously, at least one (if not more) course for each patrol destination.

Namikaze1

What the fuck, you still haven't gotten all the shaders? I had them all by the time I was halfway through rank 2. RNG is screwing you over.
RNGesus just loves giving me helmets.

-___-

97 races completed

Somewhere between 40-45 helmets have dropped
15-20 class items
3 shaders

Do you guys also think that sparrow racing is kinda awesome and should be expanded?

Also...

Am I the only one who thinks Guardian Golf would be ridiculously funny?

4 courses, Earth, Moon, Mars & Venus.

6 guardians in full raid gear hitting tiny balls.

On second thought I am likely the only one..

EDIT: OMG.... Top of the page with this garbage....

;)

I've got a horrible feeling it won't be too long before its importance is as much as a Raid

All these helmets dropping is making me real salty, its ridiculous

Daemul

What is it that causes the higher level drops? Is it the license class, or the SRL level? (rep)

It's you SRL level, you need to be rank 3 before 311-320 helmets and class items start dropping for you.

Licenses have no effect on loot drops sadly, probably because they're so easy to get by boosting.

Them fans on Mars can fuck right off, thing went backwards then my sparrow got caught on it and carried me into the air for a good 10 seconds before the game decided to put me out of my misery.

3 Scarves today so far, zero shaders -_-

Daemul

RNGesus just loves giving me helmets.

-___-

97 races completed

Somewhere between 40-45 helmets have dropped
15-20 class items
3 shaders

I've had to shard all my class items and helmets below 311 because they were taking too much vault space, SRL just throws that shit at you.

I've got a horrible feeling it won't be too long before its importance is as much as a Raid

I don't know but considering I have 17 HM Oryx kills without a single Harrowed Helmet drop I welcome another way to increase / infuse the LL of current exotic and other helms.

Them fans on Mars can fuck right off, thing went backwards then my sparrow got caught on it and carried me into the air for a good 10 seconds before the game decided to put me out of my misery.

Strafe boosting is life-saving in that part especially if congested with other racers.

I don't know but considering I have 17 HM Oryx kills without a single Harrowed Helmet drop I welcome another way to increase / infuse the LL of current exotic and other helms.

On the other side of the coin I have no intention of sparrow racing, so i'm double fucked. It wants to rain 320 helmets in the next IB or i'm going to write a strongly worded letter of complaint

Namikaze1

I've sharded all my class items and helmets below 311, SRL just throws that shit at you.
At this point, I'm only hunting for helmets higher than 315 and class items higher than 317 for infusion.

Also shaders but RNGesus doesn't want me to have them.

Got nearly 70 Legendary marks from dismantling helmets and class items yesterday in just 2.5 hours.

Daemul

Honestly it is annoying that a casual event has better drops than the hard Raid. I mean yeah the grind is real to get to rank 3, my eyes are burning from sitting in front of my TV for so long, but you can take your time and come dead last in every single race and eventually reach rank 3 and get yourself a 310+ helmet with ease, it's ridiculous.

Namikaze1

Yeah, those fans fuck me up on this perfect run. Was ahead by a damn good chunk. Final lap and I end up crashing into one that fucking reversed. Still won the race but would have won by a bigger lead if it wasn't for that fan and getting stuck for almost 5 seconds.

LTWood12

Haven't played anymore PvP today, just did NFalls and a little racing now. I'm down for some electro-boogie lazer light show Trials.

We've got 1 spot for racing if anyone wants to join and complete the fire team boosting.

Henceforth, Hard Light is Electro-Boogie Lazer Light Show
I'm kind of afraid to use it and it be terrible. I don't want this beautiful dream to die

Lima

What? How are people doing this so fast?

dodkak4kkicrrrdt0vx6.jpg

Bought Armamantarium this morning. Infused it with an extra 310 Alpha Lupi and that brought it up to 300. Has infusion always been that high between exotics? If so, I'm dumb, and not as salty about buying the ones I need.

Bought Armamantarium this morning. Infused it with an extra 310 Alpha Lupi and that brought it up to 300. Has infusion always been that high between exotics? If so, I'm dumb, and not as salty about buying the ones I need.

I think infusing an exotic into anything is pretty reliable. So if you farm 310 exotics, just by merit of them being high level and exotics (where you lose an exotic shard) they give you a reliable boost.

Lima

Yeah infusing a 310 into a 300 takes it to 300. If it was a legendary it would have gone to 303 or 304.

Shiv47

Decided to get rank 3 in SRL, if only because helmets at the 310+ level are so hard to get otherwise. Will not do this again unless 310+ primaries are the reward (LOL), because this shit is otherwise too frustrating.

I think infusing an exotic into anything is pretty reliable. So if you farm 310 exotics, just by merit of them being high level and exotics (where you lose an exotic shard) they give you a reliable boost.

Hm. According to the calculator if I infuse my 300 with another 310 it will only become 307? That's weird. I jumped 20 points on the first infusion and now only get 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom