• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I personally don't think that the matchmaking has anything to do with your SLR rank.

I was winning races just fine yesterday with barely sub five minute times on Venus at SLR rank 2. I started playing better this morning regularly winning several races and getting close to 4:30 second times on Venus... and then all of a sudden I am placing sixth with a 4:35 time on Venus.

I think the MM is independent of your SLR rank, and uses some kind of a skill based formula say using an average of your recent times combined possibly somehow with what places you have come in recently.

It gets super sweaty as you improve, usually the person who survives the clusterfuck at the beginning goes on to win unless they fuck up somewhere because they won't get caught.

A 4:11.437 on Venus wasn't enough for me to win earlier which at the time was my fastest on that track.

Mindlog

dance-mini.gif

Finally got my S license on my Hunter. Got the flamesparrow. Went to try it out for one race on my Titan.

I will probably never top this.
The wind turbine finally works in my favor. I finished far from my fastest time, but I doubt I'll be able to go from taking 1st, to last, to 1st in the span of 40 seconds to win ever again. Sweet revenge for all those times they bumped me off of gates.

Do you get only 1 sparrow from S licenses? What do you get from a second S license?

Deku Tree

It gets super sweaty as you improve, usually the person who survives the clusterfuck at the beginning goes on to win unless they fuck up somewhere because they won't get caught.

A 4:11.437 on Venus wasn't enough for me to win earlier which at the time was my fastest on that track.

My best time on Venus is 4:29. Last night getting a 4:50 would mean that I crused into first place and waited ten seconds or more for the rest of the racers to dribble over the finish line.

My last race I was bumping people the whole three laps, and I got a 4:35 and I came in last. And if your in first and you slightly miss one boost pad at the end of the race then three people zoom by you and you come in fourth.

Deku Tree

Part of being bad is that I don't really enjoy it or play it often, haha. Doing family stuff now, but thanks for the invite!

My Destiny time this weekend will be best spent either helping w Trials or starting to level up Graverobber's characters.

If Grave just bought TTK then you can probably to RAF with Graves character.

Part of being bad is that I don't really enjoy it or play it often, haha. Doing family stuff now, but thanks for the invite!

My Destiny time this weekend will be best spent either helping w Trials or starting to level up Graverobber's characters.

It's more relaxed and fun with a full team, just race leisurely not having to be super competitive about first place.

Deku Tree

If you want to race seriously then you need to have a finger on r2 and two other fingers on r1 and l1 so you can side boost whenever you need to.

Drizzay needs a carry, this isn't Destiny.

Haha I think that's fair. Detiny is a FPS after all.

I can confirm this.

Lol hey! I resemble this remark.

Are you still down for doing Golgi challenge today? I think we might be trying to get a group going soon.

There isnt one person here who doesn't owe it to the man

Aww, thanks Rob! That's so nice of you to say...

I don't know about that one buddy.

...unlike this guy! I'm not your buddy, guy!
South Park reference

I seem to remember throwing you in the Mercury backpack once or twice when you didn't have your medicine ;)

X-Frame

If you want to race seriously then you need to have a finger on r2 and two other fingers on r1 and l1 so you can side boost whenever you need to.

Did you know that you can hit L3 and R3 to side-boost? Because I didn't until this week. Was that always there?

It makes it way easier to side boost that way.

I did DGAF. I connected my new bluetooth earphones (Jaybird X2) to my PS4 through a bluetooth dongle and I can hear things clearly and speak on my mic and people can hear me (though I have to be aware of mic positioning).

This is the future. No more wires.

GunnerZ

Haha I think that's fair. Detiny is a FPS after all.

Lol hey! I resemble this remark.

Are you still down for doing Golgi challenge today? I think we might be trying to get a group going soon.

Aww, thanks Rob! That's so nice of you to say...

...unlike this guy! I'm not your buddy, guy!
South Park reference

I seem to remember throwing you in the Mercury backpack once or twice when you didn't have your medicine ;)
I think you got the wrong guy lool
Trust me I don't own you anything ;)

Anybody on PS4 still looking to do Golgoroth's Challenge? We should have 1-2 spots open for (I think) 3 kills starting soon.

It's more relaxed and fun with a full team, just race leisurely not having to be super competitive about first place.

We had a team last night but Jigga and Stabie were taking it super serial, haha. Plus Inthrall and Rated-G were way better than me. And my mic was busted so I couldn't say anything anyway.

Shiv47

Thanks to everyone for the good time sparrow boosting, much more enjoyable without the usual sweatiness. About halfway to rank 3, finished S license, and finished the chaperone crucible step, so it was a win all around!

Anybody on PS4 still looking to do Golgoroth's Challenge? We should have 1-2 spots open for (I think) 3 kills starting soon.

We had a team last night but Jigga and Stabie were taking it super serial, haha. Plus Inthrall and Rated-G were way better than me. And my mic was busted so I couldn't say anything anyway.

I will jump on if you need help. Don't need the kills, already did it three times on Tuesday.

I haven't done it yet this week if there's still room. PSN j2theizzay

I need to do it, please.

I might have double posted, I apologize.

Edit: I did not. Apology reversed.

Ok, we could get you in there since you were the first post. Just waiting on everyone to get online then we could fire it up.

I will jump on if you need help. Don't need the kills, already did it three times on Tuesday.

Ah, don't worry about it then. Seems like we've got more than enough interested parties that still need loot. Thanks though!

Im down as well. PSN: Saint9806

I haven't done it yet this week if there's still room. PSN j2theizzay

I think we're full now unfortunately, but if it turns out we have a spot then you two get first dibs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom