• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Pfff all you boosters should bow down before is who did it legit! Two S-class licenses, got my 3 win within 5/6 races on each char.

My best times are only 4:14 and 4:34...
I did mine without boosting. Just decided to help out others after I had finished up that quest a long while back.

? I never did a boosted SRL race...

confused you with someone else, sorry..

Cool. BTW got some good stuff together, just need to protect em and stuff em in a box

Hmm i'm looking forward to it.... :)

Finally picked up the taken king bundle on the current EU sale.

I haven't played destiny in over 6 months, any starter tips?

Look out for Refer a friend to help you level up

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
In case it wasn't obvious: /s

i mean, I dont expect anyone to not be boosting that stupid handcannon precision kills quest either LOL

Ken

Is the air control node on the jade rabbit helmet bugged?

Yes and no. It displays incorrectly so in the post-game it'll say it's maxed but it isn't. You can grab it after you fill all the perks though, which is just one more bubble after it anyways.

I did that legit lol

i hate that perk, makes me miss the big jumps and crashes my sparrow everytime.

Yeah, I usually hold left stick up without thinking about it in racing games so the first few times I did the Venus jump with the perk I kept biting it. Make sure you hold the left stick back on the jump, or don't touch the stick at all on that jump with the perk.

In case it wasn't obvious: /s

i mean, I dont expect anyone to not be boosting that stupid handcannon precision kills quest either LOL

Did that one legit first match I played.

Boosted the sparrow race wins yesterday even though I didn't need to given how I placed in the 21 races I did today.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
yx8fT2C.jpg

80 more for rank 3. I think I played racing more in the last two days than I did in the last five years combined.

Dalek

Good lord. I was having no problems with progressing until I needed 1 more 1st place to get S-Class. Now the game has it out for me. Now I can't win a race to save my life. Maybe I will succumb to a boosting match if anyone is still doing it. My heart is pounding from so many close races. It sucks!

Edit: as soon as I say this I win the next race.

Crossing the finish line first only to be "beaten" by 13 thousandths of a second in total race time, followed by a shitty blue chest piece reward, makes me really want to throw this thing in the garbage.

Anybody boosting for SRL wins? I need 2 for S license. sawdust2261

Crossing the finish line first only to be "beaten" by 13 thousandths of a second in total race time, followed by a shitty blue chest piece reward, makes me really want to throw this thing in the garbage.

We're full atm but someone may leave soon, so stay on the lookout for openings...

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

X-Frame

Haha, SRL is fun!

I'm doing the best with a Xur-upgraded Sparrow. Seems to have the best overall maneuverability, speed, armor, and boost.

Am I wrong? Is the raid or trick sparrow better?

Deku Tree

The skill based MM in SRL means that as your times get better and you win more races then you end up doing worse in more races.

On of my best times on Venus just got me fifth place. I've one that race many many times already.

Namikaze1

Note to self

Don't dismantle shit while a Trials match is loading. You'll get kick to orbit if you do.

Lost mercy earlier so that's a freaking loss on my card. -___-

Ken

Haha, SRL is fun!

I'm doing the best with a Xur-upgraded Sparrow. Seems to have the best overall maneuverability, speed, armor, and boost.

Am I wrong? Is the raid or trick sparrow better?

I like the trick sparrows because emoting for fuel is a lot more consistent than depending on rolls and flips.

Does the SRL book give you credit for the stuff that you accomplished before you bought it too?

I think that's how the exploit worked so maybe? It kept track of your progress even if you had not bought it.

Thanks for the heads up,I'll check back in later. Might be best if I take a break lol.

We have 1 spot open now, you want to join? Sent you party invite as well...

spyder_ur

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I keep falling short of the jump at the Vex gate on Mars. I'm totally fine on the rest of the track. Very frustrating.

Ken

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I keep falling short of the jump at the Vex gate on Mars. I'm totally fine on the rest of the track. Very frustrating.

Did you recently unlock the helmet perk that adds tilt control in the air? You might be unconsciously holding up as you jump which tilts your sparrow down, giving you not enough air to land.

Smiley90

I did that legit lol

i hate that perk, makes me miss the big jumps and crashes my sparrow everytime.

Did that one legit first match I played.

Boosted the sparrow race wins yesterday even though I didn't need to given how I placed in the 21 races I did today.

I mean if it was ANY handcannon it'd be fair enough - but the handcannon they give you is SOOO BAAAAD

Smiley90

Rank 2 of SRL "faction."

Also where is my Shaxx SRL commentary.

omg this makes me want Shaxx instead of Nolanbot so much. The current commentary is so bad. Shaxx would be amazing. Or just hire a WWE commentator, which is... Essentially Shaxx.

Deku Tree

The racing struggle is real after you get up to SRL2 or so

I've finished above 4th once, with near flawless laps

Rank 2 of SRL "faction."

Oh, I personally don't think that the matchmaking has anything to do with your SLR rank.

I was winning races just fine yesterday with barely sub five minute times on Venus at SLR rank 2. I started playing better this morning regularly winning several races and getting close to 4:30 second times on Venus... and then all of a sudden I am placing sixth with a 4:35 time on Venus.

I think the MM is independent of your SLR rank, and uses some kind of a skill based formula say using an average of your recent times combined possibly somehow with what places you have come in recently.

FyreWulff

Oh, I personally don't think that the matchmaking has anything to do with your SLR rank.

I was winning races just fine yesterday with barely sub five minute times on Venus at SLR rank 2. I started playing better this morning regularly winning several races and getting close to 4:30 second times on Venus... and then all of a sudden I am placing sixth with a 4:35 time on Venus.

I think the MM is independent of your SLR rank, and uses some kind of a skill based formula say using an average of your recent times combined possibly somehow with what places you have come in recently.

yeah. i think what i meant to say that once you've played a ton, the skill matching has you fairly zeroed in and the competition is fierce.

in all these 4th and lowers the pack of racers has been really close to each other

Deku Tree

yeah. i think what i meant to say that once you've played a ton, the skill matching has you fairly zeroed in and the competition is fierce.

in all these 4th and lowers the pack of racers has been really close to each other

Yeah it is fun to have the better competition, but makes it a lot slower to grind slr rank though since you get more rep with placing higher in each race.

But I hate being constantly grouped up with a pack that are bumping each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom