• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sono

Confused of UK writes:

I bought vanilla Destiny (disk) at launch and over time got to level 28 warlock in the first 6 months and then abandoned further time on it for other games.

Recently in the PSN 12 days of Christmas sale, I bought the Legendary edition (digital) which says includes

Destiny Expansion Pass
Destiny: The Taken King
Destiny
Weapons Pack and SUROS Arsenal Pack

for £24.

To enjoy the current Destiny experience with all this content is it best to create a new character and take it from the start ?

thanks in advance!

Schwabe

Confused of UK writes:

I bought vanilla Destiny (disk) at launch and over time got to level 28 warlock in the first 6 months and then abandoned further time on it for other games.

Recently in the PSN 12 days of Christmas sale, I bought the Legendary edition (digital) which says includes

Destiny Expansion Pass
Destiny: The Taken King
Destiny
Weapons Pack and SUROS Arsenal Pack

for £24.

To enjoy the current Destiny experience with all this content is it best to create a new character and take it from the start ?

thanks in advance!

go on with your 28 warlock, from start you can choose another class later.

fwpx

I just started playing Destiny for the first time last week. Up to level 22 now. I'm really enjoying it! So, uh, hello!

LTWood12

DGAF is amazing! Thanks so much kind sirs. LT's worked like a charm but I haven't tried Mass' code yet. I'm sure it will work as well but I want to save it for leveling an alt to Lv40. I've got 13 bounties and a public event package, should get me to 40 easy on the Hunter. Throw on a couple exotics, decrypt saved blues one-by-one, equip all highest light stuff. I'll be well on my way.

Awesome! Glad it hadn't been scammed

Deku Tree

Deku Tree

Not that many people can consistently race below 4:15 on Venus or 4:30 on Mars. So if you get matched with one of those people then often half the team doesn't get to finish the race even if your doing really well. :(.

The lag is terrible today in Trials. Just sniped a guy in the face, his head snapped back and somehow I was the one the ended up dead. Who thought it was a good idea to not prioritize connections.

WipedOut

Must be nice having boosting trains. We had a small Xbox train going last night and no one wanted to boost for wins. It was either get gud or go home. Everyone I know is too competitive. Can't blame them, I don't want to lose either. Still need 6 Venus wins and I'll be done with the book.

Finally hit rank 3 last night. First rank 3 race. 316 helmet.

recks

The lag is terrible today in Trials. Just sniped a guy in the face, his head snapped back and somehow I was the one the ended up dead. Who thought it was a good idea to not prioritize connections.
If you think Trials is bad, don't even think about playing Skirmish/Salvage.

X-Frame

Twilight Garrison got!

Had a damn exotic chest engram in my Postmaster from last night I didn't know about and just decrypted it! The hell haha.

Lnkn52

DGAF is amazing! Thanks so much kind sirs. LT's worked like a charm but I haven't tried Mass' code yet. I'm sure it will work as well but I want to save it for leveling an alt to Lv40. I've got 13 bounties and a public event package, should get me to 40 easy on the Hunter. Throw on a couple exotics, decrypt saved blues one-by-one, equip all highest light stuff. I'll be well on my way.
DS4 on sale today

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-du...lack/8240079.p?id=1218866963583&skuId=8240079

Deku Tree

Must be nice having boosting trains. We had a small Xbox train going last night and no one wanted to boost for wins. It was either get gud or go home. Everyone I know is too competitive. Can't blame them, I don't want to lose either. Still need 6 Venus wins and I'll be done with the book.

Boosting is boring... And it's slower than just learning how to race and placing in the top three most matches. Watch one or two wipeout tutorial videos on YouTube.

blazeuk

You could slowly see the connections get worse and worse as the games went on with our Mercury run today, they weren't brilliant to begin with but by the last few games it was nothing but red bars, sniped a guy in the head 3 times and he just jogged it off.

Boosting is boring... And it's slower than just learning how to race and placing in the top three most matches. Watch one or two wipeout tutorial videos on YouTube.

People join in between who need a couple of wins but we've been doing normal runs mostly for a long time now...some sweaty races too.

Only reason we've gone on for 21+ hours (well I have) is because everyone is relaxed and playing for fun (and loot), just having conversation in party chat.

Deku Tree

Feels like SRL has lag too. Not just the inevitable racer who is blinking and teleporting, but also it is frustrating to be in a competitive race and go full speed through the middle of a boost pad and not get any boost... Especially when the racer closest to you gets the boost and moves ahead.

Lnkn52

Feels like SRL has lag too. Not just the inevitable racer who is blinking and teleporting, but also it is frustrating to be in a competitive race and go full speed through the middle of a boost pad and not get any boost... Especially when the racer closest to you gets the boost and moves ahead.
And their gates are easier to hit when they are behind. It's a theme of Destiny.

Is it true that auto rifles got such a small buff that there is no difference in damage before and after the patch?

I was so excited to use year two hard light :(

LTWood12

Thanks man! Both of my Dualshock 4s are sucking. One of them won't consistently accept "up" inputs on the left analog stick, and the other has a busted right trigger. I can't remember ever having controllers having these sorts of issues in the past.

I paid the extra $5 and got the 20th anniversary one.

Edit: The Light is so HARD at the top of the page.

NuYZERX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom