• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

No knights on normal mode.

Yep. You won't have to kill the Knights, but will at the very least need to make sure they don't eat a bomb.

4 cycles, so 4 bombs detonated each cycle
4 runners
Possibly kill all 4 vessels.

I honestly think it's entirely possible that it could just be the first one.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Anyone want to try for Mercury before reset hits?

I'd like to run some Trials, but I'm just looking for a more casual thing... chest piece & bounties are just fine for me. If you need an extra though, I'm happy to try (Semedi on PSN). Normally I'd be more confident, but I'm still trying to find a loadout that makes me happy in this post patch world.

Toki767

I'm going to be so annoyed if I can't get a 320 helm after hours upon hours of SRL racing.

Still better than doing Oryx once a week without getting a single helm drop though.

309 overall.

313 primary (Mercury)
310 special ("Harrowed" Defiance)
310 heavy (Truth, from 3oC engram)
312 ghost ("Harrowed")

294 helm (lucky blue engram)
296 gloves (Cryptarch legendary engram)
311 chest (HM Golgi)
320 boots (Golgi Challenge)
320 artifact (same)

Obviously helm and gloves are salting my game. A 320 guaranteed helm from Oryx Challenge would be too good. For our third reset run, I'll take Grave's Hunter instead of my own. Another dose of NM+HM KF loot plus more guaranteed 320s should definitely nudge me into the 311+ range.

Then it's time to dump all the high light weapons+ghost onto his Titan who is already Lv40. Start decrypting all the armor engrams I've been saving, one by one, and he'll be ready for a HM KF pseudo-carry as well. Then, last but not least, start playing the Warlock.

Maybe I'll do Trials runs on both my account and his each weekend, if I'm helping w runs anyway. Of course my account has better gear but honestly the only things I'm really missing for Grave are the fast revive exotics and Graviton. I don't mind using BDancer and Striker until the NStalker and Sunbreaker subclasses are leveled.
I will get around to doing something in 2 days...perhaps log in during xur and buy stuff..

lynux3

I've been trying LFG for 15 minutes and no luck. Messaged 9 people already. I checked here first but doesn't look to be any lately.

I only have about 25 more minutes or so, so I didn't want to try to gather a group

Bummer. I got one other with me at the moment.

Just having to do Oryx in 4 cycles would be hilarious. I suspect like many on here this will be the last time I make an effort to raid, in future I'll just do it if I fancy a fun run

there needs to be some sort of agreed upon etiquette for lfg. for example, if you post "need 2 315+, experienced players only!" then i expect the people in that group to be of similar exp/level.

Toki767

there needs to be some sort of agreed upon etiquette for lfg. for example, if you post "need 2 315+, experienced players only!" then i expect the people in that group to be of similar exp/level.

You don't even necessarily need to be experienced to hit 315 anymore though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You could but it would take half a day with all the ads you have to kill.

Sad that there is no real good looking Titan boots. I'm not about this one kneepad or leg braces which looks like it was fetched from a dumpster. Bindsight looks good except for the goofy stripes and eye of Osiris watermark. Hunters have the best looking gear by far.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You have to beat him in 4 cycles. So never miss a bomb. Probably have 4 runners too, but maybe not.

Edit: top of page Oryx gotta Oryx
8pWXBbI.jpg

*thumbs up*

Jinjo

You could but it would take half a day with all the ads you have to kill.

Sad that there is no real good looking Titan boots. I'm not about this one kneepad or leg braces which looks like it was fetched from a dumpster. Bindsight looks good except for the goofy stripes and eye of Osiris watermark. Hunters have the best looking gear by far.

New Monarchy boots are the best looking Titan boots by far imo.

Hey man we need 1 for trials, myself and thenal, interested?

I was trying to do some Trials but my damn mic is busted again. If you still need one and don't care about mute Drizzay we could do some matches for fun, or just normal Crucible a bit before reset. Probably too late to go for a Mercury hype now unless we rushed every round and 5-0 all 7 teams.

Fuck. Had golgy to 1% on the 4th try with an lfg team but someone died early and this team couldn't understand the concept of going down on the 6th orb for extra dps.

Oh well. Had a #TeamFirstTry with an awesome lfg group for my 2nd of the day. The lfg leader told me good job on the communication. We looked for a CP to do it again but couldn't get one fast enough for 2 of them to stay.

Apparently mutual friends with Maomoi from here haha.

3/5 good or awesome lfg groups. 1 told me "we are almost at golgy now". I joined anyway and they just arrived at totems -_-

1/1 xbox challenge and 2/3 ps4 challenge. I'll take that I guess. That last kill would have been sweet.

Bad part about waiting last minute

Toki767

Hmm...I managed to get a Telesto, Plan C, and Thunderlord from exotic engrams today.

They all seem kind of weak though aside from the Telesto. And even then, fusion rifle. -_-

SgtCobra

lol there are still people complaining about shotguns? Just remove them altogether then heh.

I don't even know why I read the YouTube comments anymore.

Nothus

I'm actually a little excited to see what happens after today's reset. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally expecting to be disappointed, but at least something different is going to happen.

Jinjo

I'm actually a little excited to see what happens after today's reset. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally expecting to be disappointed, but at least something different is going to happen.

The disappointment will be real if there's not some new quest or Oryx HM challenge mode exclusive.

Thanks for the fun games @Dan, Slammin and thenal! It was very weird not being able to talk but all the other in-game nonsense was as expected, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom