• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

And another thing.
Two of us in CoO.
I let the other person drop their T3 rune first.
We clear all the adds and I let them take the sword.
I drop mini-Crota's shields and then they hack away. Easy.

Two more people join us.

I throw in my antiquated rune.

How is it possible that the 3 of them can't drop mini-Crota's shields
97FVe9q.png

Abandon the mission, pop heavy ammo and then solo the T3 with the other players just there doing something.
Hunter is still missing a calcified fragment from somewhere. Damn.
TL;DR - Don't expect easter eggs.
I want tower bunnies :|

FyreWulff

Disliking the boost sale.

- Ignoring my dislike of it's existence at the moment, it's way too expensive.

- Why not tie the level boost item to buying DB and HoW? There'd be at least some logic to it. Pay for older expansions and have the option to skip them at first.

- I'm also curious if this means buying Taken King will not give you a boost item eventually.

Is this is solely to make Taken King look more 'valuable' by inferring it has a 30$ boost included for 'free'? As far as I can tell, it does not require you to own Taken King to purchase these. So they're selling this to people only playing Vanilla as well.

Sigh.

ethomaz

Banned
I think the price is right.

Boost DLC needs to be way expensive to make the player things if it is better to play the game to reach that level or buy the boost.

If it is cheaper everybody will choose it.

I guess Bungie thought that.

flkraven

But it really does not affect anything. You don't have to buy it. It's for new users that don't have time to put in to get to end game content. I see nothing wrong with giving people access to and xp / subclass boost. If they want to pay for it let them. EA and other companies have been doing this for years.

But we started with none. Then it was cosmetic only. Then it was infusible gear. Now it's fully leveled subclasses. What if the next expansion introduces a 4th subclass, but this one takes 4 times the XP to level. That isn't unfathomable, and you will see people running around minute 1 with a fully leveled sub because they paid the $30. I really don't like what this means, and where it is headed.

Also, this:

In isolation, I don't think it's a big thing. What worries me at this point isn't what's for sale but what might go up for sale. I'm seldom one to make the slippery slope argument, but this is a far cry from what we thought this would be when Festival of the Lost was selling cosmetic only items. In one event we went from cosmetic only gear, to stats and quests and gear that can be light-infused behind a paywall, and now level boosters. I think Bungie has considerably blurred the line they drew when this rolled out. I still don't think we'll see weapons etc. sold outright, but the line has definitely shifted, again.

It also gives the game a bad name / rep, IMO. Just a bad road to go down.

I totally forgot to reply, apologies. I'll pass, but thanks.

flkraven

Sometimes I feel like I must be the crazy one. It's a sorry state of affairs when people are debating the price of this booster, rather than debating it's existence in the first place.

WipedOut

Sometimes I feel like I must be the crazy one. It's a sorry state of affairs when people are debating the price of this booster, rather than debating it's existence in the first place.

I for one am not surprised it's there. We saw the writing on the wall awhile ago when TTK came out and they found the booster item in the armory. This was inevitable. All games of this type do it. EA, Activision do it. The closest thing you can compare destiny to, WoW does it. The only thing that surprises me is that it's taken them this long to do it.

T-44

Neo Member
Am I missing something...why does it seem that most people are bummed about getting 320 weapon from the oryx challenge instead of 320 helm? You can get lots of 320 helms from srl....do people just like the look of the raid helmet?
I have yet to get a primary higher than 317....bring on the 320 primaries!!!
im gonna end up getting all helmets

Am I missing something...why does it seem that most people are bummed about getting 320 weapon from the oryx challenge instead of 320 helm? You can get lots of 320 helms from srl....do people just like the look of the raid helmet?

Because SRL is ridiculous and not fun. And it shouldn't be easier to get 320 Helmet drops from racing a fucking sparrow vs people who have been clearing HM Oryx for weeks without seeing one. :)

GlamFM

Banned

Human nature. You want what you don´t have.

Already had a 320 helmet - super happy about a 320 primary.

Already had a 320 primary - super bummed about another one.

Zocano

The climb to 320 would be nice if there was a reason to do so :\

It's why I wanted CM to be 330. But nah, it's even more of just psychological tinkering than it already was.

E92 M3

Oh its coming.

Now more Trials, Raid lockouts, IB, etc etc for more gear!

Destiny will suck all of our remaining life force away. It's already a very overbearing game. The need to stay "current" is very tiring.

I do want Bungie to sell an account transfer or duplication, though.

I'm in love with the IB set. It's my favorite set in the game with the Titan ToO set a close second.

The marks though are a different story. I actually like the SRL mark a lot.
My warlock IB set is just gorgeous. I need the boots tough.
The azoth bend set also looks incredibly cool

And another thing.
Two of us in CoO.
I let the other person drop their T3 rune first.
We clear all the adds and I let them take the sword.
I drop mini-Crota's shields and then they hack away. Easy.

Two more people join us.

I throw in my antiquated rune.

How is it possible that the 3 of them can't drop mini-Crota's shields
97FVe9q.png

Abandon the mission, pop heavy ammo and then solo the T3 with the other players just there doing something.
Hunter is still missing a calcified fragment from somewhere. Damn.

I want tower bunnies :|
The same as public events: You get a damage debuff for every member of your party. It's why you can drop him solo with one uppercut of the raze lighter but if you have a full party, you can't even take away half his shield with it.

Axoman

I think it's a matter of time before they start selling weapon and armor packs.

I just hope that all these things lead to a much bigger and better Destiny 2.

The micro transactions and event based year 2 from a business standpoint make sense if it is true their content creation tools seriously hamper their ability to make new content in a timely manner.

Here's to hoping they ditch PS3/360 for the next Destiny release and can vastly improve not only the game, but their content creation pipeline as well.

E92 M3

Is the ship a guaranteed drop from Oryx CM, or am I at the mercy of RNG? Also, does NM/HM matter?

It's guaranteed.

I think it's a matter of time before they start selling weapon and armor packs.

I just hope that all these things lead to a much bigger and better Destiny 2.

The micro transactions and event based year 2 from a business standpoint make sense if it is true their content creation tools seriously hamper their ability to make new content in a timely manner.

Here's to hoping they ditch PS3/360 for the next Destiny release and can vastly improve not only the game, but their content creation pipeline as well.

They definitely either ditch last gen or have a special version of Destiny for last gen. Similar to how Black Ops 3 doesn't have the campaign for 360.

T-44

Neo Member
Because SRL is ridiculous and not fun. And it shouldn't be easier to get 320 Helmet drops from racing a fucking sparrow vs people who have been clearing HM Oryx for weeks without seeing one. :)
I kinda like the racing...it's different but as many races as you have to do to rank up I understand that it gets tedious and boring....plus, I'm rank 3 1/3 and have yet to get a 320 but I assume it's coming....getting to Mercury and HM oryx are the only chances of getting 320 primaries and ,for me, Mercury is a pipe dream unless I'm getting carried....and it's not a garunteed 320 nor is HM oryx...if I keep racing I assume a 320 helm is inevitable...I've cleared HM oryx many times and haven't gotten a 320 weapon so since one or the other is garunteed on the challenge mode this week I'd much rather have the weapon since it seems to be the harder get in the game

StMeph

I bet they will sell an extra character slot next (heavens no).

I totally believe this. I would also seriously consider paying a nominal fee to be able to change or reset a character's appearance.

Is the ship a guaranteed drop from Oryx CM, or am I at the mercy of RNG? Also, does NM/HM matter?

I wonder if people would be less disappointed in collecting Calcified Fragments if the ship was the reward for 50x fragments.

Namikaze1

You're the best. I will be on around 5pm Todd time today.

I'll make sure to share it. My reset crew doesn't start until 6-7pm CST.

Thanks Nami
Sure. The run with Afro, Fig, and folks won't start till 6 PM Todd Time anyway.

I love that we still keep using Todd Time for EST

Would you be willing to share it w/ your boy Lt. Dan?

nevermind. office wifi is fucked.
When do you need it? I logged off before I made that post.

For those of you whose argument against getting helmets in SRL is "it's not fun", speak for yourself. I for one enjoy the departure from the normal routine in this game, and I appreciate getting useful rewards from a fairly laid-back experience.

If your reasoning is "I've had a horrible time with oryx over months and not much to show for it", than that's a knock on the raid and the raid loot system, not SRL. I get it, you don't like driving your sparrow. You don't speak for me, though. I'll happily take my 320 helmets from racing.

Also, git good imo
kappa

lt519

Oryx CM sounds like the real deal. Disappointing 50 fragments reward, only interest I had in doing it. Missed Golgoroth last week anyway.

stay gold

Just seen the price of the exp boost lol. I woulda jumped on that for my baby Titan for like £5 max, £25 is beyond ridiculous.

With all this trash they're flogging recently, they damn well better be fixing the Crucible soon.

We're well into the working day and 9hrs since the final challenge mode went live and still no one from Bungies popped there head out on Twitter. Though I imagine theres a real life Bungie bounty going on

WipedOut

For those of you whose argument against getting helmets in SRL is "it's not fun", speak for yourself. I for one enjoy the departure from the normal routine in this game, and I appreciate getting useful rewards from a fairly laid-back experience.

If your reasoning is "I've had a horrible time with oryx over months and not much to show for it", than that's a knock on the raid and the raid loot system, not SRL. I get it, you don't like driving your sparrow. You don't speak for me, though. I'll happily take my 320 helmets from racing.

Also, git good imo
kappa

I 100% agree with this, Will be racing more tonight, Need to fill some more socks with helmets.

lt519

Just saw the character boost costs, that price is out of control and just wrong. So at this point you can buy TTK for $30, which comes with the level 25 boost, then you can buy another $25 boost to level the subclass?

LTWood12

Sure. The run with Afro, Fig, and folks won't start till 6 PM Todd Time anyway.

I love that we still keep using Todd Time for EST

When do you need it? I logged off before I made that post.

We need it sometime before 10 o'clock Eastern tonight. I usually grab it over remote play on Tuesdays, but my office wifi is crapped out. I put it on T-44, Mars, Kreep, Hawkian, and Dorssum to get it.

Oryx CM sounds like the real deal. Disappointing 50 fragments reward, only interest I had in doing it. Missed Golgoroth last week anyway.

I'm not convinced we've seen everything from the 50 fragments yet. So many things in this game have time-gates on them. Whether it end up being the next day, the next reset, etc; I think we're going to see a quest pop

Man... I'm am 17 coins deep into a 3 of coins run.

Mostly towards sparrow races... I should not be taking this long to get an exotic to pop.
Yesterday i could not get an exotic on any way shape or form. 1st race today, exotic helmet.

I guess is to compensate the crappy nightfall rewards.

One of guys i was doing the nightfall, came late into it, got a 310 Mida

Dam was i salty, specialy when i got a 307 ghost...grrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom