• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Auctopus

Took a break from Destiny but came back for Iron Banner. I don't usually complain about matchmaking but I've had some real issues this week.

demonkaze

So recently I just came back to this game with two of my friends that have started up for the first time. I'm a 304 Light Warlock but my friends have only just hit 40 (and got their swords) and are Light 220. Whats the quickest way to level up light these days so we can do things like heroic strike chains and more?

So recently I just came back to this game with two of my friends that have started up for the first time. I'm a 304 Light Warlock but my friends have only just hit 40 (and got their swords) and are Light 220. Whats the quickest way to level up light these days so we can do things like heroic strike chains and more?

Vanguard strikes
Court of Oryx (The court quest awards a 300 light artifact)
Iron banner (once they get to 250+ light)
If they have legendary marks they can buy 280 light gear from vendors (Recommend buying a 280 legendary ghost)

Remember, if they have multiple engrams, always decrypt them one by one and equip the higher light gear as you get it so that future engrams will roll with higher light.

Even though heroic strikes are recommended for 260 light, they can start doing them at 240-250 light.

Do they have strange coins? They could visit Xur in the tower and buy an exotic armor at 280 light and gamble on the exotic engram he has. Strange coins are very easy to get now, prison of elders level 28 version is fastest way to get them.

demonkaze

Vanguard strikes
Court of Oryx (The court quest awards a 300 light artifact)
Iron banner (once they get to 250+ light)
If they have legendary marks they can buy 280 light gear from vendors (Recommend buying a 280 legendary ghost)

Remember, if they have multiple engrams, always decrypt them one by one and equip the higher light gear as you get it so that future engrams will roll with higher light.

Even though heroic strikes are recommended for 260 light, they can start doing them at 240-250 light.

Do they have strange coins? They could visit Xur in the tower and buy an exotic armor at 280 light and gamble on the exotic engram he has. Strange coins are very easy to get now, prison of elders level 28 version is fastest way to get them.

This is great, thanks for that!

SgtCobra

Played pvp for the first time in a pretty long while and everyone is a sniping sunsinger warlock.

You can't stand in a spot and there's someone throwing a firebolt a firebolt grenade at you or sniping your ass with a 1k yard stare, ah how I missed this shit.

Also, lol at TLW outplaying pulse rifles.

inthrall

Typical

CfCP6nvUMAA1AH-.jpg:large

Number 1 on the PvP update wants to be the removal of rez shields. Also the lag/laggers was unreal this morning, we had a guy rez someone by B flag when on our screen he never left C special side :d

My trials wishlist 1) Rez shields to go for the person doing the rezzing 2) reduce the distance needed to rez (i.e. straight on top of the orb) 3) enforce the special ammo nerf 4) No duplicate subclasses

Mrgamer

Hey guys I've been out of destiny for about 4 months now,have 3 characters under 300 light,how's the game now?Any advice would be great.

I've completed the raid various times on normal.

I saw Planet Destiny speculating on Twitter that Arsenal or Armament mode may be added to the game in the April update. Anyone else heard anything or have any insight as to what it may be?

Namikaze1

I feel bad for my scrubbiness last night. :(

It didn't help that I chose to come back during the rare rotation weekend. Made it hard to re-adjust and get the flow going.

I partly blame myself for Ape calling it quits for this weekend.

Feels bad, man. :(

I feel bad for my scrubbiness last night. :(

It didn't help that I chose to come back during the rare rotation weekend. Made it hard to re-adjust and get the flow going.

I partly blame myself for Ape calling it quits for this weekend.

Feels bad, man. :(

Nah man. Don't feel bad whatsoever. I was tilting hard and getting way too salty over Destiny. I'm going to play more this weekend with a fresh attitude. I will not let rotation beat me.

We also faced some serious contenders that would have been hard even if you had been playing regularly. Those snipers on Rusted Lands? They were insane!

funcojoe

I've been a player since beta, I have participated in every IB destiny has had. This is by far the hardest time I've ever had competing.

Before TTK i ran a solid 1.60 kd and went flawless weekly, since then I've dropped to 1.30 , have never gone flawless and this IB I barely break even while winning a game here and losing 6 there.

I know this is because the player pool and skill gap have changed dramatically since last summer, but holy shitballs. Every player in every game I play is as good as me if not ALOT BETTER. I'm playing guys who run 2.00 and above kds in trials. Wtf. I'm not at that level of play and it's the farthest thing from an enjoyable experience.

Bungie, you got a problem here. The population is either so f ing small that this is all that's left or the sbmm is making this game a f ing nightmare.

If I complete the weekly Iron Banner bounties and hold them completed in my quest log until next IB, will it work and give me the rep next time?

I've been a player since beta, I have participated in every IB destiny has had. This is by far the hardest time I've ever had competing.

Before TTK i ran a solid 1.60 kd and went flawless weekly, since then I've dropped to 1.30 , have never gone flawless and this IB I barely break even while winning a game here and losing 6 there.

I know this is because the player pool and skill gap have changed dramatically since last summer, but holy shitballs. Every player in every game I play is as good as me if not ALOT BETTER. I'm playing guys who run 2.00 and above kds in trials. Wtf. I'm not at that level of play and it's the farthest thing from an enjoyable experience.

Bungie, you got a problem here. The population is either so f ing small that this is all that's left or the sbmm is making this game a f ing nightmare.

SBMM. welcome to the suck.

Shiv47

Yeah, I hear you. I'm not bothering with IB any longer, because as an at best very average player, it's either play solo at the mercy of what randoms and their connections you get matched with, or run with Gaf trains and get wrecked by the vastly better players we get matched with. Not fun either way.

funcojoe

Yeah, I hear you. I'm not bothering with IB any longer, because as an at best very average player, it's either play solo at the mercy of what randoms and their connections you get matched with, or run with Gaf trains and get wrecked by the vastly better players we get matched with. Not fun either way.

Yea I've been going solo, and I haven't lost my cool as much as I have this IB in my entire gaming career.

Namikaze1

I created a new gif monster. This time for the Box Office weekend thread:

qntTeU5.gif

One of my finest works yet. :D
Nah man. Don't feel bad whatsoever. I was tilting hard and getting way too salty over Destiny. I'm going to play more this weekend with a fresh attitude. I will not let rotation beat me.

We also faced some serious contenders that would have been hard even if you had been playing regularly. Those snipers on Rusted Lands? They were insane!

I still feel bad though. Was way too aggressive in the first match and spent too much time away from either you or Igor in a few matches later on. :(

Still mad over our second match. Still can't believe Bungie hasn't fixed that stupid glitch yet. Division has a lot of problems but at least Massive are doing every thing they can to address and fix those problems. Even if it takes a whole month to fix the bug that locks out folks from playing the game.

IB rank 5 on my lock and hunter

317 Deidre's resort
312 side arm

Now starting to horde exotic and sublime engrams
Got 1 exotic and 2 sublime engrams on the Dreadnaught in about 40 minutes
1 more exotic from a Taken Ultra on Earth
Also saving all my factions rank up packages

Lets see what happens on the 12 after the patch

I got put into the pvp daily by myself versus 3 people. They weren't good but I could only win 1v2, not 1v3. The 3rd would always grab the relic and by the time i won my 1v2 and went to the relic, they'd spawn there and I'd have no chance.

If it's 1v3, the other 2 shouldn't be able to spawn until they all die, just my opinion. Then it becomes completely unfair when they have both heavies and start chaining supers. If it was strictly kills and no points for revives/deploys, I might have had a chance, considering I went 15-17 and they had 10 deploys versus my 0.

I miss Halo 2 where I could win 1v3s quite easily. I'm not that good anymore and coupled with heavy/supers it's a lot harder to do in Destiny haha

I had a disc/str armamentarium and first reroll I get:

Int/Disc + Sniper + Rockets..... JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!

Full int/disc build on my titan now with both armamentarium and alpha lupi = #Winning.

I have been having a ton of fun playing as a Titan lately. He was basically ignored for the longest for PvP.

I had a disc/str armamentarium and first reroll I get:

Int/Disc + Sniper + Rockets..... JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!

Full int/disc build on my titan now with both armamentarium and alpha lupi = #Winning.

I have been having a ton of fun playing as a Titan lately. He was basically ignored for the longest for PvP.

Playing IB until Igor is on if you want to team up after this match.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just had one drop out for the Newbie KF which begins in 17 minutes. Would anyone like the spot, either as a newbie or to help out?

edit #2: We will get started at 3 even with 5, so we are on schedule in that sense. Can hopefully pick up someone as we go

edit: Also, last night I clipped the very center of my thumb between the bar and insert of my bike lock, which hurts a lot, so NBD but it is possible the newbies will have to carry me

Mindlog

Just had one drop out for the Newbie KF which begins in 17 minutes. Would anyone like the spot, either as a newbie or to help out?

edit #2: We will get started at 3 even with 5, so we are on schedule in that sense. Can hopefully pick up someone as we go

edit: Also, last night I clipped the very center of my thumb between the bar and insert of my bike lock, which hurts a lot, so NBD but it is possible the newbies will have to carry me
Are you still looking? I might have a random that asked me before that would like to raid.

Top Bottom