• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I wouldn't sweat your stats that much. Ask Drizz. Stats are somewhat important but there are no stats for Teamwork including communication, putting yourself in good positions to aid teammates, push or pull back, put any kind of body shots or nades or super to make opponents move uncomfortably, and not putting yourself in bad positions to be revived. Not to mention KD doesn't show assists. Callouts are the biggest thing and all of those tools aren't shown on stats and are HUGE.

You're absolutely right. And generally I don't focus too much on my K/D or my Elo. Just try to play my best and hope those metrics improve. While other analysis posts I've done have included assists, I would love if the API returned revives, that'd be the next obvious thing. I am the revive king. And no one but Ape with his try hard pants on can match my call-out game.

(Lots snipped)

I really like reading your analysis! Would love if this kind of comparitive drill down was available on one of the start tracking pages. I know the raw data is, but I'm too lazy to collate it like this. Really interesting to see!

Thanks! I actually submitted a template to DestinyTrialsReport and they said they were going to try to implement it or something like it.

Muahahaha i am the scrub killer master.

And the sweat king. You've got the most staying power AND it takes forever for you to get salty.

Confirmed once again, Igor is amazing at PvP. Those
Igor
strats

Love the breakdown John! Where's that blog at? How come they haven't given you a guest column on Planet Destiny yet?

Thanks! Always a pleasure running with y'all. I may be a sweat liability, but I'm a stats asset!

And I gotta give respect, Shotgunning in Trials is a lot harder than in Rumble. My First Curse + CTD in FFA is deadly, but knowing how to coordinate a rush with your team is tricky bidness.

Last night did really hit home how much I struggle with confidence in my game. I'm wary of flanking too far on my own or handling a 2v3 or 1v3. Like if Igor went down, I nope'd the fuck out of there to you. I had 0 confidence in my ability to handle an unexpected push with a teammate down. That and I'm really feeling the limits of my thumb skill. I was especially down on my sniping skills, but realized that my headshot % was 65% to Igors 67%. And as a % of kills I actually got more snipes than Igor did. (caveat: we have earlier established that Igor is a Brazilian murderbot, so he's still absolutely, in the technical sense, better than me.) So maybe I'm being too hard on myself.

Ad astra per aspera.

Thanks, I wanna get to 330 asap for ToO.

Drizzay has a great post last Tuesday or Wednesday how he reached the 330s quickly. It's hard to find on mobile otherwise I'd help!

Basically, if you have motes/heavy synths, rank up your faction first. Each time, you grab whatever the item you get and equip it.

After that you can do Raid and CoE. I really don't know if order matters on raid or CoE. You'll either get higher light class items/ghost from CoE or anything from raid. Doing the raid first will probably help faster. Just make sure to always equip highest light once you get something higher, pop 3oc everywhere, and once you're done with all activities you can choose to decrypt any exotic engrams for areas that you want help in.

Just got a 333 red specter with counterbalance, rangefinder, and hand laid stock. Gonna have to try this out, seems like it's pretty much a god roll.

Edit: and the crucible package gave me a longbow and a crucible ship, wow

Like if Igor went down, I nope'd the fuck out of there to you. I had 0 confidence in my ability to handle an unexpected push with a teammate down.

Ah yes, that moment where you were crossed paths as you were booking from the action and I was running right at it. In hindsight that was actually very funny.

HMD

Drizzay has a great post last Tuesday or Wednesday how he reached the 330s quickly. It's hard to find on mobile otherwise I'd help!

Basically, if you have motes/heavy synths, rank up your faction first. Each time, you grab whatever the item you get and equip it.

After that you can do Raid and CoE. I really don't know if order matters on raid or CoE. You'll either get higher light class items/ghost from CoE or anything from raid. Doing the raid first will probably help faster. Just make sure to always equip highest light once you get something higher, pop 3oc everywhere, and once you're done with all activities you can choose to decrypt any exotic engrams for areas that you want help in.

I actually didn't know the raid is already dropping 320+ items. Thanks for the help <3

I actually didn't know the raid is already dropping 320+ items. Thanks for the help <3

You can also do Court of Oryx tier 3 rune and get an artifact. It'll drop 1-6 higher light than you are now so I'd personally wait to do that until at least 325 maybe. You'll have to do it again at 329+ to get that 335 one.

And the sweat king. You've got the most staying power AND it takes forever for you to get salty.

Well as long as we gave it our best shot and the game didn't fuck me over i tend to not get salty. Carries are really tough on your mental health though. You havent tried to do carries with me so you wouldnt know :p

An example of the game fucking me over and me saying im done was that second loss in a row after we redeemed ourselves and the game was at match point and a sunsiger rezzed and i was the only one alive. I was not in a position to headshot so i used all my resources to kill him. I threw a nade just as he rezzed because i knew he was gonna to, bodyshotted him as he came for me, switched to a doctrine and sprayed and as i was about to kill him with my melee because he missed his melee and went straight for the revive that was right behind me the game fucked over and my melee animation did not connect. He got the revive and we lost. You asked for one more game i said nope.

Okay, outside of the big Trials stats write up, I made the decision yesterday to dial back on Destiny for the sake of my sanity & my family. Having a) made it to Mercury again and b) slept on it, I feel good about that decision.

I'll still be around in DGAF, but not as much. And I'll probably still be on in Destiny once a week for something or other, but I deleted the Tuesday Raid & Friday Trials appointments from Google Calendar. Trials is still my bae, so if a map looks fun I'll come crawling back, otherwise it feels good to decouple from the grind.

Finally, as a parting note to Ape, Hawkmoon has less range, less impact, HALF the aim assist of First Curse (and that's before you get the Curse to proc). If you can pace your shots, it's brutal.

EVKjQ5L.png

zyF78p6.gif

See ya when I see ya.

inthrall

New avatar time.

Thanks for all the runs last night Grave and Snake, glad to get a bunch of the weekly content done this time around. I probably need to find a raid group to hit 335 this week, but after the runs I had last week I'm probably not going to bother

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I signed up. I have never completely finished the new raid. I am a bad Destiny fan. I would love to go if a spot is open.
Be advised, this is not the new raid- that's King's Fall. Will lead one of those next week. Crota's End was the second raid released, on the Moon.

If you do not want to attend this one, please send me a PM to let me know.

Top Bottom