• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Okay, so First Curse is pretty great, alright? I learned some new things today, but I want to put it all together in one post.

The Impact is such that it does 95 damage for a headshot, so while you won't be two-shotting often in Crucible, you very well could be in Iron Banner (or even Trials?) with a LL335 version.

What else does it have? Let me tell ya.
  • It has Lightweight +2 Agility, who needs MIDA?
  • Don't want agility, but prestidigitation? Yeah, it's got Quickdraw, like TLW, for the insta-ready.
  • More range than Hawkmoon
  • Twice the Aim Assist as Hawkmoon (90 out of a max of 100, nothing else comes close)
And that's right off the bat. When the First Curse is proc'd, THE RANGE DOUBLES!!! (which remember is also aim assist)

That's because The First Curse perk increases your stability, mobility and gives you even moar range.

It also has the innate Field Scout perk, which when coupled with Triple Tap, gives it a theoretical 22 round magazine. The combination of hard hitting impact, generous ammo perks and range makes it a great gun in PvE.

Remember vanilla Hand Cannon ranges? Yeah, First Curse remembers.

Oh, and you get the awesome gun flip too:

giphy.gif

Real talk:
It's not gonna unseat with the Four Kings of PvP: TLW, Doctrine, MIDA, PDX-45/Hawksaw. It's not OP, God-tier or whatever, but it's extremely viable and very fun.It's essentially a Spare Change .25 right now where you're not dealing with a burst that could miss, but a single bullet that always does max damage. But it's slow firing and almost always takes 3 bullets. So it won't be the Meta ever.

But there are lots of fun guns outside the meta, hence this post.

Oh God. I just realized: I'm becoming Breezy.

Doesn't play the game.
Just makes posts about some dumb hand cannon.

VaderNOOOOOOOOOO.png

luvubreez

stay gold

The First Curse is pretty good, the RoF prevents it from being top tier but it has a niche (great team shooting gun).

A lot of snipers that use TLW to clean up bodyshots would be much better served using it, the fact it has Quickdraw plus the range and crazy AA (it finds heads like no other) mean no one is getting away when they're absolute.

By the way , ranking up with gunsmith will give you a package weapon up 6 light levels (same as all the faction reps). Got a hand cannon from the gunsmith at 330 (crap perks) that I infused into my suros

Dave_6

Hahaha i think that was me. I brought it up once or twice but regardless, glad you like it! I use a combination of their honey roasted bbq sauce and a little bit of CFA sauce.

I'll keep that in mind when I eat there again, which will probably be tomorrow or Friday :p

Okay, so First Curse is pretty great, alright? I learned some new things today, but I want to put it all together in one post.

The Impact is such that it does 95 damage for a headshot, so while you won't be two-shotting often in Crucible, you very well could be in Iron Banner (or even Trials?) with a LL335 version.

What else does it have? Let me tell ya.
  • It has Lightweight +2 Agility, who needs MIDA?
  • Don't want agility, but prestidigitation? Yeah, it's got Single Point Sling, like TLW, for the quick swap.
  • More range than Hawkmoon
  • Twice the Aim Assist as Hawkmoon (90 out of a max of 100, nothing else comes close)
And that's right off the bat. When the First Curse is proc'd, THE RANGE DOUBLES!!! (which remember is also aim assist)

That's because The First Curse perk increases your stability, mobility and gives you even moar range.

It also has the innate Field Scout perk, which when coupled with Triple Tap, gives it a theoretical 22 round magazine. The combination of hard hitting impact, generous ammo perks and range makes it a great gun in PvE.

Remember vanilla Hand Cannon ranges? Yeah, First Curse remembers.

Oh, and you get the awesome gun flip too:

giphy.gif

Real talk:
It's not gonna unseat with the Four Kings of PvP: TLW, Doctrine, MIDA, PDX-45/Hawksaw. It's not OP, God-tier or whatever, but it's extremely viable and very fun.It's essentially a Spare Change .25 right now where you're not dealing with a burst that could miss, but a single bullet that always does max damage. But it's slow firing and almost always takes 3 bullets. So it won't be the Meta ever.

But there are lots of fun guns outside the meta, hence this post.

I never really gave this gun a try but I'm going to take it out of the vault and level it up. I'm not the best PvPer but it's still relatively fun and this will give me something else to try other than the Mida or pulse rifles. I miss the days of Hawkmoon in PvP :(

First Curse is so slow. It would be better if it at least didn't have such a shit equip speed. The twirl takes to long for follow-up shots for me at times.

LT, I'm just trying to spread the gospel of Hand Cannons. You were one of our disciples at the beginning of the year? What happened?

Anyway....

Want some real talk? The Water Star is a really good Hand Cannon. Look at it compared to First Curse:

rLf2ezq.png

You don't get the exotic perks, which are helpful, but it's better in nearly every area. Plus it's the same archetype as Thorn, so it also takes the same # of shots to kill as First Curse, but it'll do it faster. Literally the fastest TTK for Hand Cannons, outside of TLW.

So, try The Water Star if you want to try a different hand cannon.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

X, First Curse's range is soo good there are ZERO phantom bullets.

Dave_6

Forgot that I've got a 303 Water Star somewhere, think it's on my Titan. Since Y2 dropped, I've barely used hand cannons and they were my favorite weapons. I do like using my Imago Loop (only missing Outlaw or it would be a Fatebringer replica) in strikes and Patrol though.

Hahaha I did it to make fun of Wiped since I think he believes cheese doesn't go on a breaded chicken sandwich.

Who doesn't like Cheese?!?!?!

#WarlockMasterRace

OT, but I had this the other day and I was NOT impressed.

YgSqFdm.png

That's the Wendys Jalapeno Fresco Chicken Sandwich. I like the regular Spicy Chicken there better.

Also, Chik-fil-a is the best.

inthrall

Was super disappointed with my Tao Hua Yuan until I figured out that lower impact = higher RoF. I was still shooting at the same speed as my 1kYS, so gonna have to re-evaluate it in crucible tonight

Also, Soulstealers Claw is so good, definitely living up to the Doctrine with +range hype

Lol, I don't know who Johns trying to kid but all HC's are pretty much garbage, apart from Thorn
Eyasluna and finnalas are good if they have rifled or reinforced barrel, and ace of spades is really good too imo. Other than those and thorn, yeah they stink, I still hate that they killed TLW.

LTWood12

Was super disappointed with my Tao Hua Yuan until I figured out that lower impact = higher RoF. I was still shooting at the same speed as my 1kYS, so gonna have to re-evaluate it in crucible tonight

Also, Soulstealers Claw is so good, definitely living up to the Doctrine with +range hype

I've got one w/ Hammer Forged & Hidden Hand. No stability perks, but from the little I've shot it it wasn't too hard to control.

inthrall

I've got one w/ Hammer Forged & Hidden Hand. No stability perks, but from the little I've shot it it wasn't too hard to control.

Yeah the hardest thing to get used to was the low AA combined with Shortgaze scope, I had to relearn how to snipe from the ground up. Still not as good as I used to be, but started hitting headshots more than bodyshots recently so theres that

EDIT: Wait you're referencing the Claw. Mine has Perfect Balance, Snapshot and Rodeo so aiming is a breeze

I'll keep that in mind when I eat there again, which will probably be tomorrow or Friday :p

I never really gave this gun a try but I'm going to take it out of the vault and level it up. I'm not the best PvPer but it's still relatively fun and this will give me something else to try other than the Mida or pulse rifles. I miss the days of Hawkmoon in PvP :(

Hawkmoon is viable these days though. Krafty is using it so it is definitely viable.

Shito

Heh, funny, the Division OT right now is all about how DestinyGAF is such a good community. ^^

More on topic, does anyone has details about how they fixed the ledge cheese for the archon priest strike?
Kadey was saying that it no longer worked.

Hitscan just means that the 'bullets' fly instantly to your target— contrails make it look like they left the gun and flew away from you, but they're just like laser beams.

Every gun in Destiny but rocket launchers, fusion rifles and the two original sidearms are hitscan (and maybe the one you just got).

Are you sure about this?

I feel like it was a big deal when Sidearms came out as they were the first hitscan weapons in the game. I wanna say that are the only hitscan weapons in the game. Everything else has an actual bullet that travels and dictates impact and damage.

Kalamari

Hitscan in the sense of netcode mechanics is different that hitscan in the sense of appearance. In the sense of netcode, Snipers have always been hitscan, and I think Scouts and Pulses are hitscan as well, not sure about the other weapons.

Kaiken

Banned
Picked this up the other day and used it during a story mission and it pretty much dealt some heavy damage and held it's own. Not sure how it would fair in crucible but probably not worth trying.

LTWood12

Are you sure about this?

I feel like it was a big deal when Sidearms came out as they were the first hitscan weapons in the game. I wanna say that are the only hitscan weapons in the game. Everything else has an actual bullet that travels and dictates impact and damage.

That's literally the opposite of everything I've read or heard. Everything is hitscan except Rockets, Fusions, & year 1 sidearms.

It's the reason range is so much more important than stability on pulse rifles. The range dictates whether all of the bursts from a shot will hit.

That's literally the opposite of everything I've read or heard. Everything is hitscan except Rockets, Fusions, & year 1 sidearms.

It's the reason range is so much more important than stability on pulse rifles. The range dictates whether all of the bursts from a shot will hit.

I'm probably confusing old Halo hitscan rules with Destiny.

Anyone for CoE? Or NF? Or some crucible? Need to do CoE on hunter and titan, NF on titan and warlock and need 2 crucible matches on a fireteam to finish my hunter shaxx bounty

Top Bottom