• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Havnt touched the division since destiny update. Didnt realize it was such a hot mess. Glad i put it down. Also the divgaf is not very friendly

Edit. Top of thr page

Err... dgaf is love. Dgaf is life.

Havnt touched the division since destiny update. Didnt realize it was such a hot mess. Glad i put it down. Also the divgaf is not very friendly

I've gotten fed up with it I think.

Everything is just bullet sponges that can 2 shot you.

After a hiatus from Destiny due to the absolutely amazing Witcher 3 it's time to return :D

I've gotten fed up with it I think.

Everything is just bullet sponges that can 2 shot you.

After a hiatus from Destiny due to the absolutely amazing Witcher 3 it's time to return :D

Yeah i got into it becuase it helped my loot crave. But destiny is being good loot game right now and most importantly its fun to play. Division wasnt really fun to just play

SnakeEyes

Banned

Edit. Top of thr page

Yeah kinda the same for me too. I hadn't played Destiny since November, so coming back after both CoD MP and the Division has been great.

ZeroCoin

Any CoE cards going have room for one? Would like to complete cards on all my characters before I think about farming. Psn zerocoin.

Are you sure about this?

I feel like it was a big deal when Sidearms came out as they were the first hitscan weapons in the game. I wanna say that are the only hitscan weapons in the game. Everything else has an actual bullet that travels and dictates impact and damage.
You have this exactly backwards. Hitscan means that there is no projectile, no travel time. Instead, you pull the trigger and a hit or miss is determined by where you are aiming. All weapons in destiny are hitscan with the exception of rockets, fusion rifles, vestian dynasty, and dreg's promise.

You have this exactly backwards. Hitscan means that there is no projectile, no travel time. Instead, you pull the trigger and a hit or miss is determined by where you are aiming. All weapons in destiny are hitscan with the exception of rockets, fusion rifles, vestian dynasty, and dreg's promise.

Thorn has a projectile. If you shoot it a wall there will be a spike+

It's hitscan. Interaction with objects has nothing to do with that fact.

Yeah people. Just think if you ever had to lead on a shot with any primary weapon like you do with rockets. Its all hitscan

If thorn wasn't hitscan you can bet your ass you wouldn't see that gun in sweats because then it would take some actual skill to use it.

FyreWulff

Bungie's engine is unique in that it's form of hitscan still sends an actual projectile in-engine, it just completes it's travel within one frame. Like, the flight and everything is still calculated, it's just functionally hitscan.

This is different from earlier and other engines where hitscan was calculated client side or some other calculation but bullet shot was entirely cosmetic.

Allows neat stuff like the thorn projectile to actually get stuck or deflect and for bullets to have physical impacts and sound effects when they go past something.

But that's really picking at technical trivia, as much as the general playerbase cares it's the same hitscan from other games. But that was what the DMR and Pistol were in Reach.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Edit. Top of thr page

I have no idea what you're talking about ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Bungie's engine is unique in that it's form of hitscan still sends an actual projectile in-engine, it just completes it's travel within one frame. Like, the flight and everything is still calculated, it's just functionally hitscan.

This is different from earlier and other engines where hitscan was calculated client side or some other calculation but bullet shot was entirely cosmetic.

Allows neat stuff like the thorn projectile to actually get stuck or deflect and for bullets to have physical impacts and sound effects when they go past something.

But that's really picking at technical trivia, as much as the general playerbase cares it's the same hitscan from other games. But that was what the DMR and Pistol were in Reach.

Are there any talks or presentations where they discuss the engine. I'm curious about the other intrecacies involved.

Ugh, sorry about the DP ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Arrrammis

Anyone else for a full points CoE run? We've got two voidwalkers so it's basically a free 45k+ score. We got 48.6k point with just the two of us, another person would speed it up though!
PSN: Arrrammis

Arrrammis

Why is it voidwalkers OP?
Voidwalkers with the catapult modifier have grenades faster than you can throw them thanks to the embrace the void perk, where grenade kills greatly speed up grenade and super regen(read: with the two charges from the nothing manacles, one grenade kill fully restored one grenade and brings the second charge to about75%). This perk can also be modded to instantly restore quite a bit of health, and combined with the catapult modifier... I guess overpowered is a fair way to put it.

Edit: Just to prove a point, here's the results of the most recent points run in the CoE:
ZVXoNZx.jpg
55k points total, and I used exclusively grenades until all adds were clear, then sniped at the boss.

Top Bottom