• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Mindlog

For a second the Bungie Destiny app was saying 'Weapon not found' when trying to move some stuff around. That almost sucked.

Big thank you to Phantom and Froday for helping me out. I completely forgot about the modifiers and encounters this week and went in expecting last week's cakewalk. Hope you two found some good drops.

X-Frame

Oooo just got a Party Crasher +1 with

Close and/or Personal
Smallbore
Danger Close

Mmmmmm. My warlock's melee is very happy right now.

Nice! What barrels? If it came with Field Choke, you may be able to hit the Range cap with Smallbore (unless I am wrong about that).

Agent

For a second the Bungie Destiny app was saying 'Weapon not found' when trying to move some stuff around. That almost sucked.

Big thank you to Phantom and Froday for helping me out. I completely forgot about the modifiers and encounters this week and went in expecting last week's cakewalk. Hope you two found some good drops.

I got a 334 class item / 334 weapon out of it on my Warlock. Didn't get much on my Hunter. Holy cow Warlock was fun with grenades, it was explosion city on the final round. I wish I had Nothing Manacles.

Nice! What barrels? If it came with Field Choke, you may be able to hit the Range cap with Smallbore (unless I am wrong about that).
Smart drift
Cqb ballistics
Soft ballistics

Soft ballistics ups the range and stability a bit, so I went with that one. I'm going to test it out tomorrow. I had a year 1 party crasher that I loved, so I'm hoping this one will be of use to me (though my Invective is still numero uno).

Got my warlock to 328. Feels good man. I love being able to just naturally progress at my own pace without having to feel like I need to raid raid raid to keep up.

Got my warlock to 328. Feels good man. I love being able to just naturally progress at my own pace without having to feel like I need to raid raid raid to keep up.

This. So much this. I've been taking it pretty casually(compared to when other updates released) and have a 330, 329 and 326. Don't feel like I've grinded anything at all. The last few light might take a bit of grinding a specific activity but otherwise it's amazing just jumping on and doing whatever I feel like whilst making progress.

This. So much this. I've been taking it pretty casually(compared to when other updates released) and have a 330, 329 and 326. Don't feel like I've grinded anything at all. The last few light might take a bit of grinding a specific activity but otherwise it's amazing just jumping on and doing whatever I feel like whilst making progress.
Yep. That's just it. Doesn't feel grindy at all. No pressure. Just go do what you enjoy and there'll be paths to level up available.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

God yes. The raid raid raid was what drove me away before.

Deku Tree

This update to how loot works is going to make the game so much better as we get new content.

About that...

is there some trick to getting exotic shards?

i blew all mine on the stupid old fusion system

You can buy a heavy from the kiosk and level it up completely with exp with 5? motes (don't need to fill in the bubbles) and then dismantle it for usually two exotic shards and 3? motes back. That costs glimmer though.

Deku Tree

It'll never happen but I'd love to know how much money has been made from sterling treasure boxes.

5u0uZecUZlUsM.gif

There's no way Destiny 2 is cross gen. Zero percent chance. It would be ridiculous to ship a cross gen AAA game like Destiny in 2017, 4 years after the ps4 and xbone first launched. It's not FIFA where they just update the rosters.

FyreWulff

While it is kind of a bummer, it's been clear that the X360 and the PS3 are holding Destiny back. Hopefully this pushes Bungie to just support current gen with Destiny 2.

There is no chance they continue supporting 360 and PS3 past this year for new major updates

I fully expect Destiny LastGen to go into legacy support mode where it still works and everything, and the One/PS4 clients get the next big client update pushed to them, at which point your characters will split and diverge into their LastGen and NewGen versions, with only the ability to bring one from last gen forward.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Cannot wait until Destiny 2, with no last-gen support and hopefully a retooled engine that better allows for Bungie to make changes instead of the reported "having to render overnight."

Granadier

Cannot wait until Destiny 2, with no last-gen support and hopefully a retooled engine that better allows for Bungie to make changes instead of the reported "having to render overnight."

A story in game would be nice too. Also some way to avoid going to orbit for literally everything.

Granadier

Orbit is a hidden server queue basically, I don't see that being removed anytime soon, if ever.

I understand its purpose in this iteration, but there are definitely solutions for seamless matchmaking that would remove the need for going to orbit.

As a real example look at The Division's matchmaking system. It runs in the background while you go about the game and alerts you when a match has been made. The only change Destiny would need is a requirement for accepting.

SnakeEyes

Banned
A story in game would be nice too. Also some way to avoid going to orbit for literally everything.
That shit's a given now, we don't bother even mentioning it because it has to be a given :p

And technically we did get "some" story, just not a very coherent one. Also, IN-GAME GRIMOIRE IF WE HAVE TO HAVE IT.

I need 1 for hard mode raid in about 30 minutes or so. We will be doing the Challenge mode.
1. Slammin_hammon
2. Vaal
3. Danarchy
4. Dthomp
5. Kalamari
6. ???

Top Bottom