• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Eye of Osiris still remains the only exotic tier emblem in the game. You would think Hic Jacet and Bastet's Dream would be exotic tier as well.

Sun of Osiris and Moon of Osiris still are my favorite of the Trials emblems.

Of the three mercury chest drop only emblems, the OG is still the best.

preach

I still rock the OG Eye icon

Always will~

Edit:Top of page beacon
5HTJjVm.png

NeOak

Do Explosive Rounds & Firefly have any negative/positive interaction? Snagged an Imago Loop with those 2.

Explosive rounds give the bullets AoE.

Firefly makes the enemy explode if you kill it with a headshot.

No negative interaction.

Eye of Osiris still remains the only exotic tier emblem in the game. You would think Hic Jacet and Bastet's Dream would be exotic tier as well.

Sun of Osiris and Moon of Osiris still are my favorite of the Trials emblems.

Of the three mercury chest drop only emblems, the OG is still the best.

I really like Moon*, but it has the problem of making your nameplate hard to read because its white text on a yellow field. Sun has a black background, which is better.

* because that's about the tier of Trials I think I've earned.

And other PvP question, since I basically never touch handcannons outside of TLW, are there any particular tips for making use out of this Rifled Barrel/Rangefinder/Luck in the Chamber Hawkmoon Jr that I've been trying to get a hang of?

Rokam

Explosive rounds give the bullets AoE.

Firefly makes the enemy explode if you kill it with a headshot.

No negative interaction.

Alright thanks, had read some very very old info that said they'd sometimes prevent each other from working. Good to hear.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So Variks package for my Hunter from CoE 30k challenge, gave me Her Champion (Shotgun FA/Reinforced Barrel/Danger Close) in full auto mode...

Please be Found Verdict 2.0, Please!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Only way to play IB is to save up bounties till the last day, play 3-4 games on each char and get to rank 5 within an hour.

Maybe removing engram's from the loot pool and boosting gear drops might be a thing to play over the week...

Maybe removing engram's from the loot pool and boosting gear drops might be a thing to play over the week...

There is still the chance of getting no drops or blue item drops, and none of the weapons are really worth grinding for..

Also the LAG, and it's clash - meaning everyone will be just hardscoping in a corner.

Also Hunter so might be rough

Max discipline.
Young Ahamkara's spine.
Trip mines.
Double throwing knives and Knife Juggler.

Fun and efficient. Tripmines can inst-kill 2-3 enemies if placed correctly, knife precision kills give the same amount of points as a grenade kill.

Have fun.

try not to kill yourself with tripmines though :p

Running CoE on my Hunter. 2 spots open so just join in.

Still need people?

Max discipline.
Young Ahamkara's spine.
Trip mines.
Double throwing knives and Knife Juggler.

Fun and efficient. Tripmines can inst-kill 2-3 enemies if placed correctly, knife precision kills give the same amount of points as a grenade kill.

Have fun.

try not to kill yourself with tripmines though :p

Thanks, will give it a shot.

dang, is VOG impossible because there's some parts needing more then 2 people to go through? it's been forever since I've done VOG so I can't remember the middle parts right now.
Everything But Atheon can be soloed. Atheon can't be soloed because you need 3 people in the portal and one person in the main room, so having 3 or less people will be an automatic wipe on Atheon.

chur

Everything But Atheon can be soloed. Atheon can't be soloed because you need 3 people in the portal and one person in the main room, so having 3 or less people will be an automatic wipe on Atheon.

I don't think you can solo the gorgon's maze. If you get there with less than 3 people the cave at the end isn't open.

Arrrammis

Actually, somebody managed to solo Atheon. Warlock, of course! Jump off a cliff right before Atheon would teleport you, then wait a few seconds and self-rez. Atheon just stands there, and the guys just slowly burns him down. The video is from a while ago in year 1, so it should be even easier to do now since we have higher light levels. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJwwrZuiTJU

Edit: Atheon tries to teleport you again after the time it would take to clear oracles, but by that point your super should be mostly full, especially using bad juju and/or a max intellect build.

I don't think you can solo the gorgon's maze. If you get there with less than 3 people the cave at the end isn't open.
Really? I did not know that, learn something new everyday I guess.

Actually, somebody managed to solo Atheon. Warlock, of course! Jump off a cliff right before Atheon would teleport you, then wait a few seconds and self-rez. Atheon just stands there, and the guys just slowly burns him down. The video is from a while ago in year 1, so it should be even easier to do now since we have higher light levels. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJwwrZuiTJU
Interesting, although I wouldn't be surprised if bungie did a stealth patch to this where he will still teleport you soon after the self res, but maybe not, it would be worth a shot if you want to try and solo it, but based on what chur said, you can't solo VoG anyway.

Edit: oh he still does teleport you after the res, based on what you said, I thought he just said stands there the rest of the time and doesn't do anything. Ignore everything I said about a stealth patch lol

Got my first 335 Primary, TLW. Time to start using it again I guess. What's better these days, hip-fire or ADS?
ADS, hip fire is worthless now, sadly

"Cries tears of sadness"

They killed the fun of that gun!

Edit: exactly Todd, they nerfed TLW in 2.0 to make more of a hip fire weapon and now that was all for nothing.

Gatekeepers (and technically Gorgons) are the only VoG phases that have never been soloed, due to the two relics and needing somebody outside the portals.

Gatekeepers (and technically Gorgons) are the only VoG phases that have never been soloed, due to the two relics and needing somebody outside the portals.
It's been too long since I've done that raid, I keep forgetting encounters lol, when I posted that I could only think of confluxes, oracles, Templar, and Atheon. All the other encounters slipped my mind haha.

Edit: VoG needs to come back, I don't care about Crota, but VoG needs to return, I miss that raid so much, still the best one

That was fun. I got a 328 dregg's promise from one of the runs. Why does this gun exist again?

I also got one of those, never used it before, infusion fodder I assume?

Few more hours then I can relax for rest of weekend and try work on some trials bounties or something. Need to stop myself buying games for a while, getting better at PvP and losing my Mercury virginity might be some good motivation.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member

Edit: Atheon tries to teleport you again after the time it would take to clear oracles, but by that point your super should be mostly full, especially using bad juju and/or a max intellect build.

Really? I did not know that, learn something new everyday I guess.

Interesting, although I wouldn't be surprised if bungie did a stealth patch to this where he will still teleport you soon after the self res, but maybe not, it would be worth a shot if you want to try and solo it, but based on what chur said, you can't solo VoG anyway.

Edit: oh he still does teleport you after the res, based on what you said, I thought he just said stands there the rest of the time and doesn't do anything. Ignore everything I said about a stealth patch lol

cool, I'll see if I can at least crack most of VOG later on with a friend. maybe see if anyone care to join here also depending on the time.

It's been too long since I've done that raid, I keep forgetting encounters lol, when I posted that I could only think of confluxes, oracles, Templar, and Atheon. All the other encounters slipped my mind haha.

Edit: VoG needs to come back, I don't care about Crota, but VoG needs to return, I miss that raid so much, still the best one

yeah. I've only did VOD like twice or three times and I never did Crota, but from what I see it doesn't look as fun as VOG.

btw, is the platform jumping before the Templar stuff still there or did they take that out?

Someone also solo'd atheon by climbing right.to the top of the map. They had to time their jump at the teleport phase so the game actually thought they were out of the map entirely, and therefore they weren't teleported.

Top Bottom