• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

A lot of tough comp out there today.

Played with my buddy that's the 52nd best on Xbox and he picked up a guy that's 2.0 k/d and we lost a game at 6 and 7 wins lol.

If only I didn't have this stupid road trip Idown run another card.

Everything But Atheon can be soloed. Atheon can't be soloed because you need 3 people in the portal and one person in the main room, so having 3 or less people will be an automatic wipe on Atheon.

Well not actually true. Slayerage two manned it back in the day using sunsinger shananagins on atheon. It was later soloed.

The only thing that's impossible is gorgon maze as the door doesnt open with less than three in the fire team.

Someone also solo'd atheon by climbing right.to the top of the map. They had to time their jump at the teleport phase so the game actually thought they were out of the map entirely, and therefore they weren't teleported.

I did this strat once back when it was first discovered. It was so boring I had to stop after about 5 minutes. Solo'ing HM Crota and NM Oryx were extremely impressive when they happened but Atheon solos are pretty boring. It was smart when somebody thought of the Bad Juju + self-res strat but definitely the least skill required.

ocean

Banned
Alright thanks, had read some very very old info that said they'd sometimes prevent each other from working. Good to hear.
If you have Explosive Rounds, crit base damage is reduced (the yellow number) and then compensated exactly by Explosive damage (a white number). The total of these two damages is the same as a crit without explosive. The thing is, Firefly only procs if the reduced crit damage (the yellow number) was enough to kill the enemy. If what kills the enemy is the additional ER damage (white number), it doesn't count as a precision kill and thus Firefly doesn't proc.

So let's say a Crit is 1,000 and an enemy has a health of 900. Without ER, your crit will kill the enemy and proc Firefly.

If you have ER, you'll get two damage ticks: a "crit" of 700 and an explosive round damage of 300. You're doing the same 1,000 as before...but this new crit value isn't enough to kill the enemy, it's being killed by the non-crit explosive round damage. So Firefly won't proc.

ER does buff the damage your body shots do pretty significantly but yeah it'll mess with Firefly pretty often.

Finally, xur sells the stealth drive and my vendor sparrow collection is complete. Just need Amanda to sell more blue ships and all vendor collections will be complete. Everything else is rng

Cgtcv5zUoAAoDVW.jpg:large

First virgin on the week has arrived! Took 5 cards but we made it at last. Many thanks to Falifax and Vaal for sticking it out and getting it done. Shiv got the grimoire cards, Cat Emblem, a 334 LMG, 335 Water Star and 335 Trials boots, pretty darn good.

A handful of people have sent me their accounts so hopefully tomorrow we can knock out a few more runs. All depends on whether or not we have better runs than the ones today so it doesn't take forever, lol.

First virgin on the week has arrived! Took 5 cards but we made it at last. Many thanks to Falifax and Vaal for sticking it out and getting it done. Shiv got the grimoire cards, Cat Emblem, a 334 LMG, 335 Water Star and 335 Trials boots, pretty darn good.

A handful of people have sent me their accounts so hopefully tomorrow we can knock out a few more runs. All depends on whether or not we have better runs than the ones today so it doesn't take forever, lol.[/QUOTE]

Damn.... Someone needs to buy you a beer. Many beers..actually.

btw, is the platform jumping before the Templar stuff still there or did they take that out?

I'm guessing you're talking about the jumping platforms after the Templar and Gorgons? Those are still in there. Everything is the same actually, they haven't changed anything about the raid designs.

lol Too bad I don't really drink :p

But I appreciate the thought! Honestly it's just fun to do what I can to help folks. It can get pretty frustrating at times but the successes make it all worthwhile.

But I appreciate the thought! Honestly it's just fun to do what I can to help folks. It can get pretty frustrating at times but the successes make it all worthwhile.

Similar to me, Red Bull then ;)

I freak out when going for the 5 win armor, can't imagine trying to get in as many lighthouse runs as possible.

EDIT: What's the roll on this Longbow like? I think the scopes might ruin it but not sure.

Sightsys SL20 / Longview SLR20 / Ambush SLH2
Underdog(guessing this is average)
Perfect Balance / Snapshot / Smallbore
Unflinching

Similar to me, Red Bull then ;)

I freak out when going for the 5 win armor, can't imagine trying to get in as many lighthouse runs as possible.

EDIT: What's the roll on this Longbow like? I think the scopes might ruin it but not sure.

Sightsys SL20 / Longview SLR20 / Ambush SLH2
Underdog(guessing this is average)
Perfect Balance / Snapshot / Smallbore
Unflinching

Those first two scopes are waaay too long range for PvP (or most PvE) since they're 8x and 7x respectively. Ambush is a decent option although it does lower aim assist. Combined with Snapshot (even after the nerf) you'd have very fast aiming with that scope. Underdog is meh but there aren't many good options on that first perk. Unflinching is debated but I do think it helps some. Besides Hidden Hand there aren't many worthwhile perks on that second slot either.

I'd say that's a legit roll overall, considering how hard it is to get a Longbow to drop at all, plus how many terrible perks are in the pool. Not a god roll by any means but definitely worth keeping.

First virgin on the week has arrived! Took 5 cards but we made it at last.

Speaking from personal experience as one of your Year 1 carries, it's so great you take these screenshots.

Send bubble bath soap, lol!

Finally finished the quest line yesterday to unlock the weekly crucifall bounties, the complete 5 bounties within a week to get the reward bounty auto completed on both my Titan and Hunter, Warlock went to 3/5.

Now that is a bug I can get behind!

WeTeHa

Finally finished the quest line yesterday to unlock the weekly crucifall bounties, the complete 5 bounties within a week to get the reward bounty auto completed on both my Titan and Hunter, Warlock went to 3/5.

Now that is a bug I can get behind!

It's because of the weekly iron banner bounties.

FyreWulff

So after every Iron Banner(or during I guess?) the Iron Banner bounties also effect the Crucifall one?

It seems to be some logic Bungie implemented to give leeway to weekly bounties, so you can pick up the weekly bounty after you've done daily ones and still get retroactive credit. This carries between the Shaxxfalll bounties and the IB bounties. The SRL weekly also does this, you could pick it up and be 2 out of 5 already.

Deku Tree

A handful of people have sent me their accounts so hopefully tomorrow we can knock out a few more runs. All depends on whether or not we have better runs than the ones today so it doesn't take forever, lol.

Wow congrats! But five cards? The only people left in trials must be the extreme sweaty pros.

WeTeHa

So after every Iron Banner(or during I guess?) the Iron Banner bounties also effect the Crucifall one?

I think it works like this:
Basically the weekly pvp bounties form shaxx and saladin count towards the "true meaning of war" bounty. And the progress is saved week-to-week.

That means: With iron banner you can just complete the 3 weeklies from saladin and be 3/5. If you don't complete more that week, you'll be 3/5 next week. If you complete one more in the following week but nothing else, you're 4/5 until you complete another one.

I might be wrong as I don't play a lot of pvp, but that's how I remember it...

Acidote

I think it works like this:
Basically the weekly pvp bounties form shaxx and saladin count towards the "true meaning of war" bounty. And the progress is saved week-to-week.

That means: With iron banner you can just complete the 3 weeklies from saladin and be 3/5. If you don't complete more that week, you'll be 3/5 next week. If you complete one more in the following week but nothing else, you're 4/5 until you complete another one.

I might be wrong as I don't play a lot of pvp, but that's how I remember it...

Dude just got an exotic primary from the daily. Good thing I joined your game haha

ll_J0N_ll

If you have Explosive Rounds, crit base damage is reduced (the yellow number) and then compensated exactly by Explosive damage (a white number). The total of these two damages is the same as a crit without explosive. The thing is, Firefly only procs if the reduced crit damage (the yellow number) was enough to kill the enemy. If what kills the enemy is the additional ER damage (white number), it doesn't count as a precision kill and thus Firefly doesn't proc.

So let's say a Crit is 1,000 and an enemy has a health of 900. Without ER, your crit will kill the enemy and proc Firefly.

If you have ER, you'll get two damage ticks: a "crit" of 700 and an explosive round damage of 300. You're doing the same 1,000 as before...but this new crit value isn't enough to kill the enemy, it's being killed by the non-crit explosive round damage. So Firefly won't proc.

ER does buff the damage your body shots do pretty significantly but yeah it'll mess with Firefly pretty often.

This is true.

However I still run ER and FF on a Treads.

Its fantastic for crowd control. For whatever reason FF will randomly proc when spraying. It's great for ads on Coe. Not so great for pvp or bosses.

Shiv47

I was at a friend's last night, and got back about 2, so I logged on to GAF and saw you hadn't really posted anything, and looked at my Destiny app and saw that you guys had lost and was like, "Ah that's cool, they gave it a shot, hopefully someone else gets there next." And then I got up this morning and saw this, and the five cards, and was like:
3Ib7RtN.gif

That shit is crazy, and you guys are all fucking awesome, seriously.
ZoY67km.gif

I've been out of the game since January but started up again since the update. Currently I'm LL 316 and I'm working on getting ready for Iron Banner, what's the king of primaries right now for PvP? I have a 322 HC I got from a vendor package for infusion and wondering what I should use it on, it'll make it my highest level primary.

I have a 316 Nerwin's and 320 Red Death. Thinking about buying a Y2 MIDA and upgrading it with motes to use.

Top Bottom