• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I've been out of the game since January but started up again since the update. Currently I'm LL 316 and I'm working on getting ready for Iron Banner, what's the king of primaries right now for PvP? I have a 322 HC I got from a vendor package for infusion and wondering what I should use it on, it'll make it my highest level primary.

I have a 316 Nerwin's and 320 Red Death. Thinking about buying a Y2 MIDA and upgrading it with motes to use.

Go with the MIDA

FyreWulff

Damn.. we went 8-1 in Trials with a non serious team of my bro and his australian friend. The hilarious part is we beat the teams with like 50x flawless according to Trials Report, and lost to the random as fuck blueberry team.. starting the run with a comeback from 4-1 too.

Deku Tree

Damn.. we went 8-1 in Trials with a non serious team of my bro and his australian friend. The hilarious part is we beat the teams with like 50x flawless according to Trials Report, and lost to the random as fuck blueberry team.. starting the run with a comeback from 4-1 too.

Could have been a bunch of pros running on other people's accounts that you lost to. There are now several web sites where you can pay for flawless and it's cheaper if you let them log into your account.

Feel like the longer I put off trying out trials the harder its gonna get, as time goes on it'll just be the real dedicated people left.

Any peeps here close to Australia want to try play regularly; also how is it playing with Americans etc these days?

Deku Tree

Feel like the longer I put off trying out trials the harder its gonna get, as time goes on it'll just be the real dedicated people left.

Any peeps here close to Australia want to try play regularly; also how is it playing with Americans etc these days?

It's been like that for a long time now. And it gets worse every single week. People have posted activity charts in this thread to prove it.

The more I use LFG, the more I realize that there really is no reason not to have MM in Raids.*

Yeah theres a BIG asterisk next to that statement because I do agree that a conventional MM would be a disaster. But some kind of server browser/in game LFG were you could require a mic to be plugged in and a vote to kick feature (maybe) would be more than enough.

If Destiny 2 doesn't have some kind of compromise I'm going to smh so hard.

Reven

Maybe they could unlock MM for raids only after you have completed the full raid once. So for the first run you would have to find a group but after that you can MM because you know what to do now.

Deku Tree

The more I use LFG, the more I realize that there really is no reason not to have MM in Raids.*

Yeah theres a BIG asterisk next to that statement because I do agree that a conventional MM would be a disaster. But some kind of server browser/in game LFG were you could require a mic to be plugged in and a vote to kick feature (maybe) would be more than enough.

If Destiny 2 doesn't have some kind of compromise I'm going to smh so hard.

I don't really think it's gonna happen. Bungie has made a strategic decision to force people to form communities and "play with your friends" to do end game activities. And it worked. So I don't know why they would back down on their philosophy now.

What they are gonna do IMO is do a lot of work to improve clans.

Watching kjhovey just breeze his way to the lighthouse repeatively is nuts. Hardly even needs his team most the time.

Any regular triple wreck watchers know where he's been lately ?

Do engrams bought from the cryptarch have a chance to be higher light than me (I'm 318)?

Also, I have gotten nothing but garage from my cryptarch level up packages-- not even getting a purple drop, just crap blues that decrypt into crap loot. Am I just really unlucky?

Do engrams bought from the cryptarch have a chance to be higher light than me (I'm 318)?

Also, I have gotten nothing but garage from my cryptarch level up packages-- not even getting a purple drop, just crap blues that decrypt into crap loot. Am I just really unlucky?

I've had loads of blues. No legendary. But I have had 2 of the new shaders.

Nope, they are mainly just for trying to get a good roll on a certain weapon or armor (aka 1000 yard), if you're higher than 310 they can't be higher than you're normal light level. As for the cryptarch packages, that is normal, you are guaranteed 1 engram(high chance of blue, low chance of legendary) and you have a chance of getting a shader or emblem that is only obtainable from the cryptarch.

I've had loads of blues. No legendary. But I have had 2 of the new shaders.

Nope, they are mainly just for trying to get a good roll on a certain weapon or armor (aka 1000 yard), if you're higher than 310 they can't be higher than you're normal light level. As for the cryptarch packages, that is normal, you are guaranteed 1 engram(high chance of blue, low chance of legendary) and you have a chance of getting a shader or emblem that is only obtainable from the cryptarch.
Ok, thanks. Good to know.

I'm in dire need of a new helmet (or at least some helmet infusion fodder) but the game seems determined to withhold it from me. :(

I wish you could infuse across armor/weapon categories. I'd even settle for a slight penalty to the infusion, ala the pre-patch version.

Ryck

Hit 335 yesterday, was starting to think the game was never going to drop me a 335 ghost. I think I had something like eight or nine 334 ghost drops before it finally gave me a 335 (to my 333 alt no less). The cool thing is I still feel very motivated to play it to chase some weapons and armor. Not unlike year 1, where we chased armor and weapons instead of a freakin number. Well done Bungie. :)

Maybe they could unlock MM for raids only after you have completed the full raid once. So for the first run you would have to find a group but after that you can MM because you know what to do now.

I thought the almost the same thing. Although I figured maybe you had to beat it 5 times before you got MM.

I don't really think it's gonna happen. Bungie has made a strategic decision to force people to form communities and "play with your friends" to do end game activities. And it worked. So I don't know why they would back down on their philosophy now.

What they are gonna do IMO is do a lot of work to improve clans.

If they make clans better, it could be the compromise that I'm looking for.

Titan on the last Striker quest now. That's the last Titan subclass quest I need to complete.
Same here, but I'm having a major pain trying to get those mulitkills, I've decided I'm just going to wait for mayhem clash to come around before I do that (striker is the one subclass that I stink at). Hopefully that comes around next week.

ocean

Banned
Same here, but I'm having a major pain trying to get those mulitkills, I've decided I'm just going to wait for mayhem clash to come around before I do that (striker is the one subclass that I stink at). Hopefully that comes around next week.
I need Sumbreaker melee kills. It's impossible. Have the other 8 subclass emblems.

Speaking from personal experience as one of your Year 1 carries, it's so great you take these screenshots.

Send bubble bath soap, lol!

Thanks dude! Tbh my favorite stuff in the thread is when people post their in-game experiences, whether it's gifs or pics or stories or whatever. It's fun to debate and discuss but ultimately we're all here because of playing the game. I always try to give shout outs when people accomplish something fun.

And yeah, I definitely needed a bubble bath after those games yesterday, lol.

Wow congrats! But five cards? The only people left in trials must be the extreme sweaty pros.

Well, our first card was a bust cause Igor forgot to reset his 9-0 card. Second and third cards we choked an early game then matched super pros at the end (pretty standard for Y2 MM). Fourth card was just two really close losses to solid teams on Widow's Court, Vaal's hated map.

If you drop an early game against a beatable team then you're really tempting fate to not match super pros before the end. Even good teams need to keep up communication and focus or else it's very easy to lose against statistically worse teams.

That shit is crazy, and you guys are all fucking awesome, seriously.

There's nothing I hate more than failing to get somebody through, so I was gonna stick it out as long as there were two other helpers. Falifax was a serious trooper, it was 9 am his time when we finally finished. Just glad we got it done and that you got some sweet loot out of the deal!

I gave the vendor Hawksaw a proper go and I'm coming around to it, whilst not the most exciting of weapons it gets the job done and pairs well with a shotgun so problem solved, got a 334 from the lighthouse so infused it up

ocean

Banned
I gave the vendor Hawksaw a proper go and I'm coming around to it, whilst not the most exciting of weapons it gets the job done and pairs well with a shotgun so problem solved, got a 334 from the lighthouse so infused it up
It's not as fun or satisfying as TLW or Hawkmoon but infinitely more reliable. Your shots will always land, and it's completely stable.

jblatch

Neo Member
First post here but a long time lurker! Anyone want to play trials? I know this isn't an lfg but I figured I would try here first. Working on my warlock

Top Bottom