• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I meant last quest step. Got done with the grenades step.

The gunslinger one is going to take forever for me due to melee step.
But throwing knives are awesome though. Pair with Monte Carlo.

First post here but a long time lurker! Anyone want to play trials? I know this isn't an lfg but I figured I would try here first. Working on my warlock
I mean, it basically is lfg. /gamingside

PepperedHam

Is 41 PoE supposed to be terrible or am I just having the worst luck of my whole Destiny life? Nothing but blues over like a dozen runs over the last two days.

Is 41 PoE supposed to be terrible or am I just having the worst luck of my whole Destiny life? Nothing but blues over like a dozen runs over the last two days.
Played through it this morning and got a couple of things better than blue but it wasn't exactly a cornucopia of awesome. Good HoJ rep building though.

k1t4j

Hey guys I haven't played Destiny in a while and I stopped at 315. Have some questions

Is Oryx worth doing? HM or CM

Nightfall at 320 is it too hard?

what about Challenge of the enders?

I am on PSN if anyone wants to run (carry me) through an activity or two

jblatch

Neo Member
I have been around since the alpha and it is amazing how competitive trials is getting. I didn't play too much pvp year 1, my girlfriend and I usually play everything together. A couple of our friends got her flawless in year one and I never went. In November we finally went together on anomaly and it was a huge highlight, similar to beating vog/ce/kf for the first time. We have never gotten back since. Our normal team usually gets anywhere from 5-7 wins. Our 3rd doesn't play nearly as much anymore with his new job and just being bored with the game.

I have been watching streams and listening to podcasts to try to get better and I think i would wipe the floor with me as a player back in November it just seems the competition has outpaced my progress.

It also doesn't help I main a defender Titan. I just happen to love the class. I got a T11 max armor build on it and I really enjoy trials with it. But I was told my playstyle fits more of a warlock, so trying that out.

Anyone have any tips here for trials improvement. Maybe something I can take the to my team that could help us get over that hump?

sajj316

Hey guys I haven't played Destiny in a while and I stopped at 315. Have some questions

Happy to work through it together :). I'm new to the patch as well. Division has took all my time.

What's the difference between Y1 Adept Trials weapons and Y2 Adept Trials weapons or is there any difference?

I think this question slipped by unanswered, so wanted to respond quickly. Y1 Adept weapons would roll randomly with one of the three elemental damage types while Y2 Adept weapons have "Last Resort" as a bonus perk. Last Resort gives you bonus stats when you're last guardian standing on your team, like faster reload and ready/aim speed.

All Y2 Trials weapons, including Adept ones, have one perk that randomly rolls between 4 options for each gun. So for example the Doctrine can roll with either Rodeo, Rangefinder, Hidden Hand, or Counterbalance (the best perk). The scopes and the rest of the perks, like Persistence and Braced Frame, are standard on all Doctrines. Then the Adept version would also have Last Resort as a bonus.

First post here but a long time lurker! Anyone want to play trials? I know this isn't an lfg but I figured I would try here first. Working on my warlock

Welcome! Lots of people use this thread for LFG so feel free to post whenever you're looking to group up. It's helps to mention what your interests are for a given activity, like "Trials for bounties/fun" versus "trying for Trials flawless." Keep in mind the game is kinda dead nowadays so the thread is pretty slow. You may need to post a couple times to get enough responses, but also don't hesitate to respond to other posts and hop in with another group. Good luck!

jblatch

Neo Member
Welcome! Lots of people use this thread for LFG so feel free to post whenever you're looking to group up. It's helps to mention what your interests are for a given activity, like "Trials for bounties/fun" versus "trying for Trials flawless." Keep in mind the game is kinda dead nowadays so the thread is pretty slow. You may need to post a couple times to get enough responses, but also don't hesitate to respond to other posts and hop in with another group. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! I am usually looking just for fun runs and trying to maybe get tips so I can help my team go flawless. Although with how few people play and how sweaty it is it may not be until year 3 that we can go. Our clan has kind of folded because of the lack of things to do, so it's tougher to get raids together.

I still really enjoy this game and I love trials and Elimination in general. I wish less people quit when the game type is available tues-thurs

PoE 41 sucks. It's way longer and gives worse loot than the Lv42 Challenge of Elders. As long as you're close to 310ish light you can do the Lv42, although it doesn't have match making which sucks. You can probably find people around here who want to run the 42, basically nobody bothers with the 41.

Oryx is definitely worth doing since the update mostly fixed the loot drops. The HM raid still starts at 310 and maxes at 320 Light so you can do HM no problem at 315.

Same for Nightfalls and Challenge of the Elders, 315 Light is plenty. If you've never done the raid then HM might be a little tricky at first, but not bad once you learn the encounters. You won't need to be carried at all for the Nightfall or CoE though.

Driz thanks for the Mercury run. Thanks also to Biggy and Inapplicable. Good run! Nice surprise when I went to do the daily on Hunter and bumper jumper was active. Haha.

Dgaf is the best!

I need Sumbreaker melee kills. It's impossible. Have the other 8 subclass emblems.

I have them all 😔. But i agree, the melee kills are a pain. I canot remenber how i did it, but im pretty sure that was throwing a fusion grenade then finish them off with melee. It took forever.

Driz thanks for the Mercury run. Thanks also to Biggy and Inapplicable. Good run! Nice surprise when I went to do the daily on Hunter and bumper jumper was active. Haha.

Dgaf is the best!

CgwJO5VUkAAvv_h.jpg:large

That was a great run, didn't even burn mercy. Last two games were against very legit full squads but our teamwork was locked in by that point, so good.You made out with some pretty nice high LL drops as well!

And lol @ the bumper jumper. There are so many little details I have to switch around on everyone's account, and then I'm either too hyped or too exhausted to remember to switch them back afterwards. I also mess with the PSN Audio Device settings and the in-game audio settings so you may need to toggle those if the game sounds too quiet.

Super quick trials run with Drizz and Ape.

Now back to dying in Dark Souls 3.

Speaking of great runs without using mercy, we got redemption for Nami after accidentally bailing on him yesterday due to our scrubbiness.

Cgwij3KUYAAQY4j.jpg:large

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Okay I need to to some of the following (on PS4):

CoE >30k
Trials daily bounty (the goal is 5 wins, anything above that is a bonus lol.)
Oryx CM

... anyone doing any of these things, please let me know. I'll keep an eye out in this thread too..

copying my post from above... -twiddles thumbs- anyone? :)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I need to help my wife with a full coe card. She dlso needs the chaperone strike if your down for that as well

jolly holiday shield brothers?

you wouldn't believe me if I told you but i literally completed the crucible part of that 30mins ago and ALSO need the "kill shield brothers with shotguns" specific strike.

So I am 200% down for that lol

Top Bottom