• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Dan is like the fat kid in superbad when he was young and he couldn't stop drawing dicks. Dan just can't help talking about dicks and politics. One minute it's Bernie or trump, the next minute it's teens and sex.

I was in the middle of a veiny triumphant bastard😀😋😋

Dan is like the fat kid in superbad when he was young and he couldn't stop drawing dicks. Dan just can't help talking about dicks and politics. One minute it's Bernie or trump, the next minute it's teens and sex.

If Dan is Jonah Hill that makes me Michael Cera, but who is McLovin?

chur

That was some weird chatter. Went from talking about burger joints to talking about exotic strip clubs in the span of about 5 seconds.

Big thanks to Drizz and Xplicit for popping my Mercury cherry guys!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oooooooo.

ogKLoDA.png

I think one of the problems with the Destiny loot is that Bungie doesn't seem to be confident or fast enough to really experiment with cool weapons and gear. Exotics have gotten more boring and tame over time, hell even raid weapons have. I think it's because Bungie is terrified that they will introduce something that will break their game and they know if they do they won't be able to fix it promptly. I hope their tools are substantially improved for Destiny 2 so that they might better be able to try new things. The prospect of a weapon or even a boss encounter being designed in a way that could lead to a boss being cheesed is a lot less daunting when you can fix it quickly. The fear of cheese has hurt the game so badly, from the monotony of King's Fall to the tameness of exotics like Boolean Gemini which could easily be legendary.

I think one of the problems with the Destiny loot is that Bungie doesn't seem to be confident or fast enough to really experiment with cool weapons and gear. Exotics have gotten more boring and tame over time, hell even raid weapons have. I think it's because Bungie is terrified that they will introduce something that will break their game and they know if they do they won't be able to fix it promptly. I hope their tools are substantially improved for Destiny 2 so that they might better be able to try new things. The prospect of a weapon or even a boss encounter being designed in a way that could lead to a boss being cheesed is a lot less daunting when you can fix it quickly. The fear of cheese has hurt the game so badly, from the monotony of King's Fall to the tameness of exotics like Boolean Gemini which could easily be legendary.

That's the big part, I think they're afraid to release shit that they will have to "fix" in the future. Keep the weight of our gear and design around it. It's simple, split PvP and PvE.

The loot grind finally feels (more) fun and rewarding.
When the update hit, I was kinda pissed about the fact that everything (especially the raid) gave me only incrementally better gear, but I have grown to love it. It's a much better carrot-on-a-stick, especially now that you have more sources, better loot, and can infuse without loss.
Last night I was ready to go to bed and wanted to do a couple of patrol missions & bounties to get a Vanguard rank-up, ended up doing that with all my three characters and finished at almost 4 AM.
I hope that they only keep improving this with The Taken King 2 and beyond, not regress to the disappointing rewards and slow progress of old times. This current state of the game is one where I feel I could take a break from the game (although I don't want to) and leave happy, like they always said that's what they wanted.

Is it normal that my engrams are decrypting well below my light level?

My helmet is at 305 and all the other weapond and armour range from about 310-320 giving me a overall light level of 314 but every time i decrypt a helmet it falls at less than 300

I'm still getting green engrams too despite having completed the taken king - I wonder if my game is just buggy?

inthrall

My helmet is at 305 and all the other weapond and armour range from about 310-320 giving me a overall light level of 314 but every time i decrypt a helmet it falls at less than 300

I'm still getting green engrams too despite having completed the taken king - I wonder if my game is just buggy?

Its only a chance to get higher LL items, so this is normal. Green engrams always drop, and are always good to disenchant

Glad I'm not the only one getting greens. My Hunter get greens left and right, so does my Warlock, both of whom skipped straight to the 300s thanks to infusion from my Titan. My Titan who went through the story & raid naturally never gets them.

As far as decryption, blue & leg engrams are capped at 310. It's only rewards that drop higher than that (raid boss drops, gold packages, faction rank up packages, etc)

WeTeHa

Glad I'm not the only one getting greens. My Hunter get greens left and right, so does my Warlock, both of whom skipped straight to the 300s thanks to infusion from my Titan. My Titan who went through the story & raid naturally never gets them.

As far as decryption, blue & leg engrams are capped at 310. It's only rewards that drop higher than that (raid boss drops, gold packages, faction rank up packages, etc)

I think green drops are tied to quest completions or something. None of my characters get greens anymore. Just complete all the questlines (taken war, echoes of oryx and stuff like that) and I'm pretty sure greens will stop dropping.

I was doing an oryx cp last night (uk) and lots of weird things were happening. I was one of two titans and during one run the last ogre just wouldn't take damage. Maybe 1 in 4 shots was registering. This led to a wipe.

In one run someone died when the shades sword came up through the ground and killed someone outside the bubble. It showed as a misadventure on their screen.

On one run the first ogre didn't spawn for about 10 seconds after the runner jumped up.

Weird times! But it is so annoying that you cannot speed this encounter up no matter what level you are.

I was doing an oryx cp last night (uk) and lots of weird things were happening.

In one run someone died when the shades sword came up through the ground and killed someone outside the bubble. It showed as a misadventure on their screen.

Weird times! But it is so annoying that you cannot speed this encounter up no matter what level you are.

Yeah the shade's sword leaks out through the floor and will insta-kill anyone that is over there, so avoid that during the shade phase.

Not sure why anyone would even be there in the first place, players should be either on the left or right side of the bubble and kill the adds before they enter the bubble.

Perth so was 8pm when I posted that and public holiday tomorrow, you have that too right?

Yup, might be a good time for trials as the try hard kids will probably be getting wasted tonight :p

WeTeHa

The shade coming up out of the ground outside of the bubble happens to me all the time. I've never died to it, but It usually takes off my shield. Sometime my radar goes crazy when that happens, sometimes there's nothing on the radar at all.
Not sure if that's a bug, related to crappy internet or working as intended.

I've also seen crazy stuff like oryx teleporting from spot to spot. Oryx's hand glitching out, Oryx's head glitching out, invincible ogres, resurrecting light eater knights.
Though that is probably related to my potato net.

The weirdest Oryx glitch is when the whole encounter slowed down like 50%. Every part of it took forever to happen. We'd literally kill all the adds before Oryx would slam. And the slam itself was so slow. Then his chest would be open for 2x as long. That's what ultimately caused us to wipe. His chest opened and never closed. Despite all 6 of us shooting it the entire time.

Felt all weird & dreamy. We went back to orbit & reloaded after that. I took video of it somewhere.

I've heard different opinions on this. The most recent advice I've read is that range is better than stability for pulse rifles. The burst grouping will be tighter with higher stability but supposedly this doesn't translate to actual hit registration as well as higher range. So even if the burst looks spread out you'll get more shots to register with more range, like using Send It on the Bad Juju middle column.

Anyway, I'd recommend spec'ing barrel and middle column for max range and see how it feels. Then spec for max stability and compare the results. I haven't run Juju since they nerfed Pulses but I used to have good success with max range spec.

Thanks.

Thanks for jumping in for some strikes Macello.

This stupid "Our Kingdom" emblem needs to drop soon.

If only Frenden had not stolen it from me already. That monster.

The shade coming up out of the ground outside of the bubble happens to me all the time. I've never died to it, but It usually takes off my shield. Sometime my radar goes crazy when that happens, sometimes there's nothing on the radar at all.
Not sure if that's a bug, related to crappy internet or working as intended.

I've also seen crazy stuff like oryx teleporting from spot to spot. Oryx's hand glitching out, Oryx's head glitching out, invincible ogres, resurrecting light eater knights.
Though that is probably related to my potato net.

Sword through the floor is just how the encounter was made sadly. It happens every time, either because they wanted it that way or they didn't notice/fix it in time. It makes no sense whatsoever so I assume the latter.

You are supposedly teleported into the black bubble that Oryx forms at the front of the arena. But the actual geometry where you end up is way underneath the ground in the middle of the walkway, right where the sword pops up. After the Shade slams he shoots up into the air so high that he clips through the floor before teleporting back outside the bubble. So you can at least know when the sword is gonna show up, right after you hear the slam.

The whole Shade phase is bad. Getting teleported into a slam-insta-kill, randomly dying when you teleport back out, etc.

I know it's often considered one of the hideous shaders like Undercity, but I've always liked Jester Apogee on my hunter:

MuL1M29.jpg

Jennifer-Lawrence-Disgusted-Face.gif

Alison-Brie-Disgusted.gif

One disgusted face reaction gif is not enough

Quote for attention

How'd you go with Grave? I had to leave around 5 wins.

EDIT: Just got two semi interesting drops.

Hawksaw - think the vendor one still might be better.
Hammer Forged
Rodeo
Injection Mold

Her Revenge(Hand cannon) -
Spray and play
Extended Mag / Injection Mold
Third Eye

How vital is stability on Hand cannons, I mean you gotta let it reset anyway so large mag and constant radar could be good no?

Big thanks to Drizz and Xplicit for popping my Mercury cherry guys!

Took a little while to get up to speed with a couple early card resets, but there was no stopping the train once it was rolling. Could really tell when Chur started getting the feel for how to synchronize team movement, cover each other's angles, teamshoot etc. All the keys to Trials success. Not to mention Golden Gunning ugly self-res Warlocks. The best part was his mega-hype reaction when we clutched out the final boss:

Me- "LETSFUCKINGGOOOBOYZ. Let's fucking go! Let's fucking go, god damnit, fuck! That's what I'm fucking talking about!"

Chur- "...alright...."

edit: sadly his Doctrine was only Hidden Hand, not Trucker Law hype.

No mercury pic from drizz so did you guys fail?

I can play right now x and drizz. X we havent played yet, i wanna play w you

Edit: i have that emblem^ LOL

I've just been slacking on the pic upload tbh.... I think X crashed out but not sure. I'll be around for a bit still.

We won some really clutch games on the way to 7-0 but then our teamwork kinda fell apart and we dropped two straight, both 5-3 losses. The last game we out-slayed the other team by five kills. That's always a sign that our coordination is off. Not collapsing on numbers advantages, denying revives etc.

It was only the second time Grave had played any Trials so it'll just take time to get more experience and familiarity with the game mode. As Chur can attest, it's a very different beast than Control or anything else.

EDIT: Just got two semi interesting drops.

Hawksaw - think the vendor one still might be better.
Hammer Forged
Rodeo
Injection Mold

Her Revenge(Hand cannon) -
Spray and play
Extended Mag / Injection Mold
Third Eye

How vital is stability on Hand cannons, I mean you gotta let it reset anyway so large mag and constant radar could be good no?
Yep, the vendor hawksaw is still better. As for the hand cannon, range is leagues better than stability, I find that stability doesn't make much of a difference on hand cannons, and injection mold takes away range, meaning it takes away AA, meaning more phantom bullets.

Yep, the vendor hawksaw is still better. As for the hand cannon, range is leagues better than stability, I find that stability doesn't make much of a difference on hand cannons, and injection mold takes away range, meaning it takes away AA, meaning more phantom bullets.

Noted, thanks. Ill try it out with faster reload and extended mag then, see how it feels. I've been enjoying Hawkmoon but I like to use Truth so trying to find a hand cannon that doesn't take the exotic slot.

It dropped at 335, so if it turns out to be garbage its good infusion fuel never the less.

TWe won some really clutch games on the way to 7-0 but then our teamwork kinda fell apart and we dropped two straight, both 5-3 losses. The last game we out-slayed the other team by five kills. That's always a sign that our coordination is off. Not collapsing on numbers advantages, denying revives etc.

It was only the second time Grave had played any Trials so it'll just take time to get more experience and familiarity with the game mode. As Chur can attest, it's a very different beast than Control or anything else.

Damn, oh well next time!

SGA: Levelling subclasses blows. Striker and Voidwalker to go.

WeTeHa

Sword through the floor is just how the encounter was made sadly. It happens every time, either because they wanted it that way or they didn't notice/fix it in time. It makes no sense whatsoever so I assume the latter.

You are supposedly teleported into the black bubble that Oryx forms at the front of the arena. But the actual geometry where you end up is way underneath the ground in the middle of the walkway, right where the sword pops up. After the Shade slams he shoots up into the air so high that he clips through the floor before teleporting back outside the bubble. So you can at least know when the sword is gonna show up, right after you hear the slam.

The whole Shade phase is bad. Getting teleported into a slam-insta-kill, randomly dying when you teleport back out, etc.

I've also seen the upper part of the shade pop up at the right side roughly where the taken thralls spawn.

Something that happens to me quite often is that I take damage when jumping from right-side adds to left-side adds. No idea why, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I don't think it's related to the shade, but it's annoying. And when that happens and I get teleported inside my health actually regenerates while inside the bubble.

Magik

If anyone is looking to farm crucible rep inferno rumble is fantastic. The time limit is 8 minutes and the target score is 15. Most matches end in 4 minutes or less usually.

Ugh, always 1 or 2 perks off lol.

Devil you know with Danger close, Snapshot / Reinforced Barrel and Icarus. Don't mind Danger close but don't see myself ever taking advantage of Icarus -.-

I've also seen the upper part of the shade pop up at the right side roughly where the taken thralls spawn.

Something that happens to me quite often is that I take damage when jumping from right-side adds to left-side adds. No idea why, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I don't think it's related to the shade, but it's annoying. And when that happens and I get teleported inside my health actually regenerates while inside the bubble.

You take damage by being too near the shade. It does a weird area of effect damage thing around the bubble so even jumping past it from side to side can hurt a little. Of course directly touching the shade bubble will insta-kill you.

Shade phase is silly.

Thanks for the advice!

Going to save engrams for my other characters now then I think just to speed them up to 300.

Getting them to level 40 is going to be painful - I can see crucible getting a workout as it seems like the fastest way to rank up

Out of curiosity, anyone fancy court of oryx at any time?

Also sorry for not being able to join on invites this weekend - Gf is going away for a week so this weekend ive mostly only had time for a few games at a time. Play to blitz destiny a bit more this coming week

This stupid "Our Kingdom" emblem needs to drop soon.

Have you tried grinding it with different characters?
I managed to get almost all the shaders and emblems (pre patch) with my warlock, but Our Kingdom just did not drop, for dozens of strikes.
I then switched to an alt and it was literally one of the first emblem/shader rewards I got with that grind.

Top Bottom