• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I tell ya, the dome just works. Ran a card earlier, threw down that dome, and they just rushed it like moths to the flame.

Defender is my main, hence why I wear purple. Just working up the courage to try it in Trials. The weekly Defender Fun Police montage videos show it's very viable, just a high skill requirement.

It depends on your tastes. Hawksaw is better up close, but the Nirwen's is pretty solid at longer ranges and hits a bit harder. I personally prefer the Hawksaw because I like to play a bit more aggressively.
I like to play more aggressive, so I'll give it a shot.

I'm also really liking Suros Regime for PvP.

FyreWulff

Defender is my main, hence why I wear purple. Just working up the courage to try it in Trials. The weekly Defender Fun Police montage videos show it's very viable, just a high skill requirement.

this is what I did for it:

Bastion, fast reload on melee kills, saint 14, and reduced dome cooldown.

I use the dome offensively in addition to defensively. If I need to pick teammates up, I'll throw a dome down and grab both of them. Also, in close games where we have both the enemies down close together, or a warlock body, I'll put a dome on top of the bodies so that they have to res or self res into blindness.

Also good for securing heavy and the cap point at the end. I run Armor of Light in Trials solely for this.

Offensively, I'll jump over someone then come down on them with the dome. Blinded, they're pretty easy to take out, and now their body is inside the dome as well, making them impossible to be picked up. This one takes a bit to get used to, but "capturing" enemy players like this throws them off and has decided a few close games on my behalf.

If we have a Golden Gun coming at us I'll also toss a dome down in the hallway and have the team back up so the dome at least eats one of the shots.

Shiv47

Has anyone done the math and figured out the most efficient XP rate on a vanguard booster? Doing level 36 strikes that are faster and easier, or heroics for the higher return per strike? If I'm running two hours on a booster, I want max return for it.

Deku Tree

Is the crucible vendor ruin wake better than qullim's terminus for the raid Now?

Has anyone done the math and figured out the most efficient XP rate on a vanguard booster? Doing level 36 strikes that are faster and easier, or heroics for the higher return per strike? If I'm running two hours on a booster, I want max return for it.

How much rep do you get for a regular vanguard strike (not heroic)?

Is the crucible vendor ruin wake better than qullim's terminus for the raid Now?

How much rep do you get for a regular vanguard strike (not heroic)?
120 for regular vs 240 for heroic. Even though the reguar strikes are easy I still think heroic is better for rep. You probably won't do them twice as fast and you still have to deal with the same shitty rotation (I.e. Undying Mind every 2nd or 3rd strike).

Dalek

I haven't tried Challenge of Elders yet and I'm a little intimidated. Would anyone be willing to show me the ropes? 316 Titan here.

shermas

Is IB coming back this week?

This new progression system is awesome. I've gone from over 1,000 motes to like 600 now because I can't stop using them to rank up my factions and get that loot. I've got a Titan up to about 319 now and seeing the 320+ drops is like crack. I've never run the HM raid and only done the NM a few times because I don't have a crew/regular group I play with.... Always LFG for me. Great to have another way to rank up.

GlamFM

Banned
I haven't tried Challenge of Elders yet and I'm a little intimidated. Would anyone be willing to show me the ropes? 316 Titan here.

So easy it´s almost trivial.

Don´t hesitate, jump in the next time an opportunity opens up in this thread.

shermas

Don't be... The first hive boss is easy. Throw grenades, clear adds, put some damage on the boss and you'll be good. Use a bubble if it gets sketchy.

The 2nd boss is kind of a pain... If you have a couple swords, you can slice up the flayers, then DPS the boss. Hard to get lots of long range damage on the flayers, though.

Last boss is pretty easy, too. Just turtle up on one of the sides (I've usually gone to the right), clear the vex when they spawn or snipe you, then put some sniper shots on the boss.

I think most of my runs (was trying to get points for the card) took about 20-ish minutes. I did a couple boss kill farm runs that went much faster.

All my groups were via LFG, too.

Arrrammis

Man, a good afternoon of crucible ends in TheTylerDurden getting a god roll eyasluna... (Luck in the chamber + outlaw). I'm a little jelly. Thanks for playing everyone!

Is aggressive ballistics still good on shotguns? A friend just got a party Crasher with agg balls and rifled barrel and didn't know if that was still a good option for shotguns.

Is IB coming back this week?

This new progression system is awesome. I've gone from over 1,000 motes to like 600 now because I can't stop using them to rank up my factions and get that loot. I've got a Titan up to about 319 now and seeing the 320+ drops is like crack. I've never run the HM raid and only done the NM a few times because I don't have a crew/regular group I play with.... Always LFG for me. Great to have another way to rank up.

Frustratingly ive hit a wall at 313, from what I understand blue engrams don't decode past 310?

Any advice to make progress? I guess iron banner next week is my best chance of getting stuff?

Noob question about the new infusion:

Can I infuse more than once? If so, does it just replace the number now that it's 1:1? Does infusing get more expensive on subsequent infusions?

Frustratingly ive hit a wall at 313, from what I understand blue engrams don't decode past 310?

Any advice to make progress? I guess iron banner next week is my best chance of getting stuff?

Blues drop upto 320 at challenge of elders end screen. Plus class items. Ghosts and exotic secondaries that can drop up to 335.

If you need help running it let me know

stay gold

That feeling when you get your Party Crasher god roll...on a Two To The Morgue.

Close & Personal, Reinforced Barrell, Underdog...thanks Shaxx.

Probably a question that's been asked before, but - is there currently any handcannon like Fatebringer?
Mostly I want outlaw and firefly on a handcannon.
I really miss that gun.

That feeling when you get your Party Crasher god roll...on a Two To The Morgue.

Close & Personal, Reinforced Barrell, Underdog...thanks Shaxx.

I've had that happen twice but with that other god awful crucible shotgun In Times of Need. Not had a single Party Crasher drop with a range perk yet, all I get is oiled frame and hand laid stock.

Blue goes up to 320.

You can't really hit a wall at 313. Any of the end game activity (CoE, Raid, IB) + nightfall will pull you closer to 335 (Make sure you have highest light level gear equipped before claiming the rewards.)

Strike specific drops will also work.

Probably a question that's been asked before, but - is there currently any handcannon like Fatebringer?
Mostly I want outlaw and firefly on a handcannon.
I really miss that gun.

The Imago "Fakebringer" Loop.

I've had that happen twice but with that other god awful crucible shotgun In Times of Need. Not had a single Party Crasher drop with a range perk yet, all I get is oiled frame and hand laid stock.
Yep, I got an in times of need with rangefinder, final round, and rifled barrel. Immediately dismantled it, the range on that thing is awful.

lol, didn't expect you do that today.

i'm assuming I'm going to have to go get another Yasmin off the raid now, lol

haha yeah we were feeling good vibrations so decided to get it while the getting was good. I only have account info for one more DGAFer and he was playing Destiny at the time so your number got called. Honestly it worked out totally fine, having the optimal build isn't nearly as important as basic teamwork.

And sorry about your Yasmin (RIP raid sniper). I was a little desperate to get that light level up. On the bright side, the 1kYS is better for PvP and PvE imo so hopefully it's not too much of a bother until you get another Yasmin drop. Next week is Warpriest Challenge so that'd give you good odds to land another one. And with the new higher light gear you'll start getting all higher light drops now which is nice.

Nice work Drizz. Can we get some streams please?

Someday I will make it back to Mercury. I feel kind of lost of Destiny PvP at the moment, though we got to 7 wins easy enough on Friday.

Thanks dude! It would be fun to stream if possible. I'll give it a trial run sometime to see if my internet cooperates. There have been lots of hype moments with all these virgin runs, sharing them on stream would have been cool.

You have a regular team to run Trials with, right? That's the main thing I always tell people, if possible. Helps so much to learn each other's play styles, develop the communication and synergy. Other than that it's mostly luck to match beatable teams once you hit 7-0. Then it's just about not over thinking or stressing too much, playing those last games like any other game.

My PvP comfort level has its own sine wave, especially after balance patches. My main suggestion would be: make sure your subclass and weapon loadout fit your personality. I've messed with Nightstalker, using Mida or Hawksaw, etc. But I always come back to Bladedancer with Doctrine+1kYS+Truth. I like to think and move quickly which I can't do on other subclasses. Titan speed isn't the same although Striker is my second fave. I need a sniper for long range picks when playing passively, then Doctrine for pushing aggressively to run people down and deny revives. I'd love to use TLW but it's too inconsistent for me. Anyway, just some food for thought.

Top Bottom