• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

UberLevi

So I finally decided to jump in on Destiny despite none of my friends adopting next-gen. Am I just biased because I had to replay the opening part of the game so many times during the trial version, or does the game actually get significantly better once you hit the moon?

I feel like once I got off earth and away from the Fallen it was a breath of fresh air. Currently sitting at level 11. Not sure if I should do the Dark Below content or wait. It says level 10 for Fist of Crota but I was under the impression that the expansions were endgame content at the time of their releases.

Also, last question. How much should I read up on forums and wikis to get a better grasp of all the systems? I play a lot of Warframe so I'm used to doing my homework on games that have a lot of systems layered on top of each other. Can I get by without doing that or should I really read through some guides on what's what?

So I finally decided to jump in on Destiny despite none of my friends adopting next-gen. Am I just biased because I had to replay the opening part of the game so many times during the trial version, or does the game actually get significantly better once you hit the moon?

I feel like once I got off earth and away from the Fallen it was a breath of fresh air. Currently sitting at level 11. Not sure if I should do the Dark Below content or wait. It says level 10 for Fist of Crota but I was under the impression that the expansions were endgame content at the time of their releases.

Also, last question. How much should I read up on forums and wikis to get a better grasp of all the systems? I play a lot of Warframe so I'm used to doing my homework on games that have a lot of systems layered on top of each other. Can I get by without doing that or should I really read through some guides on what's what?

When the expansions came out, they has story missions that weren't necessarily end game content. Recommended level is fine. As for the mechanics, I would enjoy the game and just level up. This game isn't nearly as complicated, and it's not super important until end game.

How does vendor roll Hacksaw compared to PDX-45?

I have one with Hidden Hand, PB and rifled barrel and another with CB, Fitted Stock and Smallbore.

The Hidden Hand is pretty good at engaging at midrange...

Anyone else use a sidearm in pvp? I do really well with a Queen's Choice.
It's nice for people like me who tend to be outdone by better snipers and can't shotgun for shit.

Axoman

All this pulse rifle talk has me wondering how mine compare to the current vendor.

Seems like this PDX should be the best, SPO-28, Perfect Balance, Counter Balance and Rifled Barrel
LUMEwnX.png

I've also had success with this PDX, SPO-26, Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand and Rifled Barrel.

Then I have two Hawksaws that I don't believe I have ever fired.

1st one, SPO-19 and SPO-26, Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand and Hand Laid Stock. Low range with HLS, but maxed stability.

Finally, last Hawksaw. SPO-19 and SPO-28, Hammer Forged, Secret Round and Smallbore.

shermas

I infused my Nirwen's Mercy up to 324, I think and I love it. I know the vendor Hawksaw is the hype right now, but the Mercy feels great to me. I love being able to keep the radar up when I'm looking down the sights, too.

On a side note, four IB matches with randoms, four losses! Woot woot. :/ Including one where we lost 10005 to 9990 or something like that.

I got a 324 weapon drop in my 2nd match, though. That's awesome. I'm only 320 and I was rank 0 when I got the drop. Pretty sweet.

WeTeHa

Thanks for the games everybody. Like always, playing in a 6-man team is much better than 5 randoms, even if I have a harder time competing than when I'm alone.

Got a couple of 335 stuff, 334 stuff and a shader. Not bad. Droprates are much better.

It is uncontroversial to say Hawkian is a pillar of DGAF. He's helped so many with newbie raids, including a group of 4 of my friends. He's always been a voice of moderation & about enjoying the game even with its faults. This is the guy who raids at a high level but also uses guns not because they're "the meta", but because they're fun or different. A breath of fresh air.

I first became friends with him back in OT2, when we combined our voices in condemnation of the Loot Cave & explained the intricacies of the Year 1 Light System. When Challenge Mode was released, he was part of my raid crew with LT, T, Dorrsom & Kreepmode. (All amazing guys.)

Back in January, I was slow trolling the OT with posts about Chopped! & Witcher 3. I raved about Witcher really tapping into fatherhood feels & everyone said "Play Last of Us!" I didn't have time or money to buy it, but I appreciated the recommendation. Later that night, I receive a PM entitled "I can't help with the time...". Hawkian had bought me The Last of Us via PSN. This guy. Wow.

DGAF is the best!

I was blown away. A simple thank you seemed an insufficient show of gratitude, so I decided to revitalize my lapsed painting hobby to create a portrait of his guardian. This painting and the earlier practice ones of the Scarab Apelock & the Predestinator are the result of that.

So thank you, Hawkian. I hope you like your painting.

Hats off to Hawkian for all that he brings to DGAF!

tumblr_n1nx98yYrQ1ttoxpno1_400.gif

I'm still working on Last of Us! It is really good, but that opening is BRUTAL!

the_id

It is uncontroversial to say Hawkian is a pillar of DGAF. He's helped so many with newbie raids, including a group of 4 of my friends. He's always been a voice of moderation & about enjoying the game even with its faults. This is the guy who raids at a high level but also uses guns not because they're "the meta", but because they're fun or different. A breath of fresh air.

I first became friends with him back in OT2, when we combined our voices in condemnation of the Loot Cave & explained the intricacies of the Year 1 Light System. When Challenge Mode was released, he was part of my raid crew with LT, T, Dorrsom & Kreepmode. (All amazing guys.)

Back in January, I was slow trolling the OT with posts about Chopped! & Witcher 3. I raved about Witcher really tapping into fatherhood feels & everyone said "Play Last of Us!" I didn't have time or money to buy it, but I appreciated the recommendation. Later that night, I receive a PM entitled "I can't help with the time...". Hawkian had bought me The Last of Us via PSN. This guy. Wow.

DGAF is the best!

I was blown away. A simple thank you seemed an insufficient show of gratitude, so I decided to revitalize my lapsed painting hobby to create a portrait of his guardian. This painting and the earlier practice ones of the Scarab Apelock & the Predestinator are the result of that.

HAWKIAN and DRIZZ are the pillars that makes DGAF such an awesome community.

Dthomp

Is there anybody that could join on me (Dthomp) for the 42 Shield Bros battle for Chaperone? At bros now

NM-Finally got a couple randoms

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

DGAF is the best!

Thank you so much for this, it means an enormous amount. I wouldn't trade my memories and experiences with you and the rest of DGAF for anything. Love the painting- I'll get some nice stock any print it out to go up on my wall. :)

TLOU is worth it! Stick with it!

Nice work John. Hawkian is a great guy.

HAWKIAN and DRIZZ are the pillars that makes DGAF such an awesome community.
I really appreciate it guys <3

Have never needed to get in on a newbie raid but early on in Destiny Hawkians guides to getting to 24/26/28/30 were a god send so shout outs to Hawkian! Isn't just in DGAF either, the little time I played GW2 he was just as helpful there too, top bloke.

Also shout outs to Drizz for everything he does(too much to list), Ruthless for holding checkpoint literally every week and all those who help with trials(again too much to list, you know who you are).

DGAF best GAF.

DGAF is the best!

Damn, nice work John! Looks great

Top Bottom