• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

John you gotta use your trials load out in IB until you get higher light stuff that you want to infuse!

Now you get it! :D

Ooh-Thats-A-Bingo-Happy-Inglorious-Basterds-Christoph-Waltz-Gif.gif

Before I could use whatever loadout I wanted to and still make the best progress. Now I have to use my highest light loadout.

Arrrammis

Because it's perfectly rolled and infusing would destroy it?

Here's what I'm talking about:
  • 5/5/1 set with Sniper/Rocket reload/ammo with PvP perks. Using Alpha Lupi. that's my Trials set with CB Doctrine, Sniper, Truth. It's at 323. I love this load-out for Trials, which is most of my playtime these days.
  • 2/3/5 Shotgun focus with NBP that's my Jam for IB and when I feel like playing with it. It's at 313. It's perfectly rolled.
If I infuse my Trials loadout into my Defender loadout then it's just gone. Which I don't want.

I've been collecting perfectly rolled gear since the beginning of the year. I have all the gear I want (well, most, and I still am fashion hunting). Before, once I met the minimum threshold for the activity, I'd progress the same regardless of my light.

I don't mind playing a 313 Defender in IB, even with damage penalties. What's frustrating is that my drops for my character could be better if I played with different gear.

Tone is hard to get from the internet. I'm not raging here. I'm just saying there's a been a big change in the progression system and it has inherent conflicts in it.
Here's something you can try: play with whatever gear you want, then switch right beofre the end of the match. It's a bit harder to do than switching gear for raid drops, but it's still possible. If you are running the raid, play with whatever gear you want, then once the boss drops his gear, switch to your highest light gear before you pick up the engrams. The light of the gear drops isn't calculated until you pick it up, so it will scale to your new light rather than whatever you were using before.

Mindlog

Because it's perfectly rolled and infusing would destroy it?

Here's what I'm talking about:
  • 5/5/1 set with Sniper/Rocket reload/ammo with PvP perks. Using Alpha Lupi. that's my Trials set with CB Doctrine, Sniper, Truth. It's at 323. I love this load-out for Trials, which is most of my playtime these days.
  • 2/3/5 Shotgun focus with NBP that's my Jam for IB and when I feel like playing with it. It's at 313. It's perfectly rolled.
If I infuse my Trials loadout into my Defender loadout then it's just gone. Which I don't want.

I've been collecting perfectly rolled gear since the beginning of the year. I have all the gear I want (well, most, and I still am fashion hunting). Before, once I met the minimum threshold for the activity, I'd progress the same regardless of my light.

I don't mind playing a 313 Defender in IB, even with damage penalties. What's frustrating is that my drops for my character could be better if I played with different gear.

Tone is hard to get from the internet. I'm not raging here. I'm just saying there's a been a big change in the progression system and it has inherent conflicts in it.
100% Agreed. I talked about it a few times in the past.
My favorite solution is still to bring back the Nightfall's Radiant Light and for the rest of the week your drops roll against your highest light level. Highest light can be determined by the website or if that's too hard then the LL you were at when the strike ended.

Another example of why the system is irksome: I want to use Claws of Akihabra in CoE, ut that drops my Light and I need more 335 class items. I could juggle my gear right before the boss dies, but that's tiresome.

I haven't played in a while, but I was planning on popping on tonight for a bit of Iron Banner. How's The Crucible feel since the update? I feel like I might struggle a bit because my highest LL is only 312.

Here's something you can try: play with whatever gear you want, then switch right beofre the end of the match. It's a bit harder to do than switching gear for raid drops, but it's still possible. If you are running the raid, play with whatever gear you want, then once the boss drops his gear, switch to your highest light gear before you pick up the engrams. The light of the gear drops isn't calculated until you pick it up, so it will scale to your new light rather than whatever you were using before.

Probably won't happen. Here's why:
My ideal rolled Trials set is Striker-based: Auto Rifle/Sniper/Rocket Launcher that's pure INT/DISC with extra Arc Armor.​
Which shares 0 pieces of equipment with..
My Defender Loadout which is Scout/Shotgun/HMG that's INT2/DISC3/STR5 with extra Void Armor.​
So it'd literally be changing every piece of gear, lol.

While everyone was chasing 320, I've been quietly collecting ideal stat/perk rolls on good looking armor, which is why I'm in the situation I'm in.

I've monopolized the thread for long enough with this discussion, so we can drop it. :p

Namikaze1

Cg_qmEdW0AAJkro.jpg:orig

We were so close. Had 2 guys in my sight. Went to smash but I landed a second too late to get that last 100 points to push us over and win.

WeTeHa

Anyone know if the nightfall "bug" that caused sub-320 ghosts to drop has been fixed? I don't want to run it if I'm going to get another 311 ghost shell.

Well... the bug has been fixed, but you can still get ghosts. They'll just be higher than your light up to 330. out of 4 NF's I saw 3 ghosts drop today.

j-wood

Is hawksaw good? I got one from crucible that is currently at 303 light, and rolled with the following:

fitted stock/feather mag
private eye
speed reload/hand laid stock

I've mostly been using a bad juju, but it would be nice to get away from it so i can stop having to get exotic shards to infuse it :(

Is hawksaw good? I got one from crucible that is currently at 303 light, and rolled with the following:

fitted stock/feather mag
private eye
speed reload/hand laid stock

I've mostly been using a bad juju, but it would be nice to get away from it so i can stop having to get exotic shards to infuse it :(
That's a solid roll, but if you have 150 marks to spare, the one being sold by the crucible quartermaster has a god roll hawksaw.

j-wood

That's a solid roll, but if you have 150 marks to spare, the one being sold by the crucible quartermaster has a god roll hawksaw.

What are the ideal perks to equip?

Also I need a legendary helmet, all I have for my warlock are exotics, and I want to use praxic. If I buy an engram from cryptarch, will it only roll 280? It does it still have a chance to roll high?

What are the ideal perks to equip?

Also I need a legendary helmet, all I have for my warlock are exotics, and I want to use praxic. If I buy an engram from cryptarch, will it only roll 280? It does it still have a chance to roll high?
Stability perks are ideal, like i said, the vendor one is a god roll, it has fitted stock, smallbore, and counterbalance. The only thing you can get thats better than that is one with those perks but hand laid stock instead of smallbore

Edit: the legendary engram will drop a helmet that is +6 higher than your max light, so make sure you have your highest light stuff on when you equip it, but if you're above 310 it won't matter because legendaries mad at 310 light

Shiv47

Well... the bug has been fixed, but you can still get ghosts. They'll just be higher than your light up to 330. out of 4 NF's I saw 3 ghosts drop today.
I don't think it has been fixed, as I did last weeks NF a couple days ago and got a 319 ghost on a character at 328 with a 330+ ghost.

Either all the scrubs are on, The Grasp is op, or I'm getting better finally. I've never lead the boards for 4 games in a row, with a 4.0 kd no less. First match I get 333 greaves to drop. I am absolutely chewing people up with the Grasp, it's not even a Kadey roll on it lol!

Dang, I got a spare change with rangefinder, hand laid stock, and third eye. I haven't really tried this archetype since they got buffed. Are they good now or still trash?

Dang, I got a spare change with rangefinder, hand laid stock, and third eye. I haven't really tried this archetype since they got buffed. Are they good now or still trash?

I hate to describe anything that isn't OP as trash, but it isn't OP?

It has a pretty nasty pull to the side and Counterbalance is the only fix to that.

I have the same roll essentially, and it's burly, but 90% of the time you'll need a 3rd burst to finish your targets. And if you need 3 bursts, you're better off with a faster firing pulse.

That said, dump some motes into it and give it a try. Maybe you'll have luck with it. But it's no Year 1 Messenger/Hopscotch.

I hate to describe anything that isn't OP as trash, but it isn't OP?

It has a pretty nasty pull to the side and Counterbalance is the only fix to that.

I have the same roll essentially, and it's burly, but 90% of the time you'll need a 3rd burst to finish your targets. And if you need 3 bursts, you're better off with a faster firing pulse.

That said, dump some motes into it and give it a try. Maybe you'll have luck with it. But it's no Year 1 Messenger/Hopscotch.
Alright, I'll do that, thx for the answer

Still unviable IMO, you need to land all headshots for a 2 burst kill, better to use the more forgiving faster firing pulse rifles.

I got one with counterbalance and hand laid stock on my never ending search for a Party Crasher and used it for quite a few games.

Still unviable IMO, you need to land all headshots for a 2 burst kill, better to use the more forgiving faster firing pulse rifles.

I got one with counterbalance and hand laid stock on my never ending search for a Party Crasher and used it for quite a few games.
Yeah, I'll probably still sick with my hawksaw but I'll still use it just for the heck of it

inthrall

Took my new 1KYS to crucible last night expecting to take a while to learn to use it, and got a snap headshot off the bat. Seems promising.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I dont understand people who complain that light drops are character dependent

If you only want to play one character infuse another's and wait until you get drops again.

If you want two sets of equipment play with the higher light level or switch before the end, it wont be the end of the world.

Saying "but I just CANT PLAY" the way I want because my drops depend on my current light and I have multiple builds is odd, because... The same applies to having multiple CHARACTERS.

Are you also complaining that because you have a 320 titan and a 300 warlock you should be getting 321 warlock drops because you dont want to infuse your titan gear but want to play warlock?

Why dont we just make everyone 335 so we're all equal and OH WAIT we already have that it's called regular crucible. Gotta work a bit for better gear oh boy

All this talk of Hawksaw makes me want to buy it as I'm near my mark cap.

This was one I got a few months ago and put it into my vault.

Should I turf it and grab the vendor roll?

What are the other two scope options? If the first one is SLO-19 or the second one is SPO-28 don't bother buying the vendor one.

Top Bottom