• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

X-Frame

How does the Rocket Launcher compare to the original Vertigo or the god-rolled G&H JBL-47 from the gunsmith?

Seems like the blast radius is much lower, which will be offset a bit by Heavy Payload.

Axoman

Oh yeah, the drop rate is HEAVILY increased.

I'm still only rank 1 and I've gotten:
2x 328 Class Items
329 Boots

What was your overall light level?

I'm guessing drops will be capped at 330? I can't imagine they'd be so generous to allow 335 drops as end game rewards.

What was your overall light level?

I'm guessing drops will be capped at 330? I can't imagine they'd be so generous to allow 335 drops as end game rewards.

I can get 326, but been playing matches at 324.

Drops are not capped at 330. Already seen others get 330+ drops.

So if I play with my best Defender Gear to get the right perks & stats, I'm 313.

If I play with my best gear (which is for a Striker), I'm 323.

So I can either play the way I want and get worse drops, or play the way I don't want and get better drops.

JUST A REMINDER THAT THE LIGHT SYSTEM IS STILL INHERENTLY BROKEN!

I got my first Grasp the other day.
Cg_MSYfUgAA9QbC.jpg:large

I feel like its going to ruin the R2 on my DS4.

So if I play with my best Defender Gear to get the right perks & stats, I'm 313.

So I can either play the way I want and get worse drops, or play the way I don't want and get better drops.

Yea, I wish they kept a variable value of your highest light so you don't have to have equipped your highest light gear. It killed me in Trials the first week.

Play the way you want for 99% of the match. Switch to best gear right before game ends.

I don't see how this means that light is broken. Learn how to master all three subclasses (they are all fun!), and you'll eventually have enough high light gear for however you want to play. 👌

Deku Tree

Light system is the best that it has ever been. It's not perfect but it's also not broken. Much better system than many other recent games that I've played.

Agree it would be better if your drops were somehow based upon your highest LL gear even if your not wearing it.

X-Frame

I hear you. My Defender "load out" is lower as well. My Striker is 330 and even though I prefer Striker for Clash and enjoy the Defender more on Control, the Defender can still be a strong class for Clash as well in being able to instant-base an advantageous zone.

If it is any consolation, even if you start with your 313 Defender now, you will most likely quickly rank up over the week of IB since each drop will continually increase in Light as you obtain new drops to use or use as infusion fuel.

With how often people are getting +5 LL drops it should be very fast for people to rank up.

I don't see how this means that light is broken. Learn how to master all three subclasses (they are all fun!), and you'll eventually have enough high light gear for however you want to play. ��

Well no, I don't agree with this.

You should be able to play whatever class you want, without worry about getting higher light gear. Many people like John and myself want to play and use a particular subclass + loadout, especially if we don't have lots of infusion fodder, WITHOUT compromising our drops. They can simply have a check or keep a variable of highest light so you'll get the rewards at the level you deserve to get them at.

LTWood12

You're being overly dramatic. Just wear your highest light stuff at first then as you start infusing you can min/max for stats/perks. You'll get some decent drops tonight from the raid that should help.

I shouldn't mess with the Iron Banner when I'm 260ish, right?

I should just start knocking out Heroic Strikes and try to climb to 300?

I keep getting sidetracked with all of these crucible dailies and weeklies and quests. Love me some PvP, man.

spyder_ur

I think the progression system is just fine and I like the pace it's been going at, as long as you don't care about being 335 immediately. I've enjoyed alternating classes and there's so many different activities that can boost your light up.

I played Trials last week and I was only 314 or so on my Lock. I felt a little underpowered when going against 330+ guys. But that's OK.

I would only say that it's annoying having to max out before opening every engram, but no biggie.

People have to remember that John has a max of 2 hours to play each week so he can't just infuse his highest gear into the loadout he wants to play without losing a different subclass' loadout, based on what he said.

How much is it to add a simple unsigned short (2 bytes) on each character that holds highest light?

I don't see how this means that light is broken. Learn how to master all three subclasses (they are all fun!), and you'll eventually have enough high light gear for however you want to play. ��

Mastery of a class != having max light for the gear required to optimize that class' skills for your current load out.

The fact that I've mastered and enjoyed all subclasses and thus want to play all of them is why I'm at the point I'm at.

Light system is the best that it has ever been. It's not perfect but it's also not broken. Much better system than many other recent games that I've played.

Agree it would be better if your drops were somehow based upon your highest LL gear even if your not wearing it.

Broken is the wrong word. Flawed may be better.

The new "smart light" system has actually been a dramatic change in the way rewards work. Before, rewards were tied to activities and so rewards didn't care what Light you were at when you completed them, only that you did. So Light upgrades were character dependent.

This new system of incremental light upgrades is dependent on your light at the time you complete the activity, so we've moved away from an upgrade system that is character dependent to a system that is gear dependent. This is a massive paradigm shift and is actually more grind if you play varied classes and builds.

The best progress path isn't to play what you want, but instead to play one loadout continuously until you get enough infusion fuel to infusion everything up to max. To do otherwise, would be to repeat progression (i.e. I've already progressed from 310-325 once, why do I have to do it again?)

You're being overly dramatic. Just wear your highest light stuff at first then as you start infusing you can min/max for stats/perks. You'll get some decent drops tonight from the raid that should help.

Don't get me wrong, things are better now than they've ever been! Just there are contradictions inherent in Light & the upgrade system that still need to be addressed.

I've been enjoying Voidwalker a lot more after the April 12th update.

Axion bolts are OP

Voidwalker was the VERY FIRST CLASS I ever played in Alpha/Beta and Vanilla <3

I want to try an All Sunsinger Trials run..... with 3x Sunbreaker Gauntlets + SOLAR FLARE nades hahaha.

Deku Tree

Mastery of a class != having max light for the gear required to optimize that class' skills for your current load out.

The fact that I've mastered and enjoyed all subclasses and thus want to play all of them is why I'm at the point I'm at.

Broken is the wrong word. Flawed may be better.

The new "smart light" system has actually been a dramatic change in the way rewards work. Before, rewards were tied to activities and so rewards didn't care what Light you were at when you completed them, only that you did. So Light upgrades were character dependent.

This new system of incremental light upgrades is dependent on your light at the time you complete the activity, so we've moved away from an upgrade system that is character dependent to a system that is gear dependent. This is a massive paradigm shift and is actually more grind if you play varied classes and builds.

The best progress path isn't to play what you want, but instead to play one loadout continuously until you get enough infusion fuel to infusion everything up to max. To do otherwise, would be to repeat progression (i.e. I've already progressed from 310-325 once, why do I have to do it again?)

Except that your over leveled for all PvE content. So you can safely prioritize your PvP armor build in PvE and still destroy all content easily.

I've been ignoring perks for the longest time. So I reduce the grind.

Except that your over leveled for all PvE content. So you can safely prioritize your PvP armor build in PvE and still destroy all content easily.

I've been ignoring perks for the longest time. So I reduce the grind.

Oh, yeah, I infused away my PvE (especially Raid) gear a while ago. (I'm still a runner, so I kept a pair of boots for Oryx, but that's it.)

My situation: I have gear I like, but I can't use because the light is too low. This is normal with Destiny, been that way all year, whatever.
The problem: The best way to get it up to fighting form is to play with other gear.

That's what I'm addressing.

I'm glad they've sped progression for a single path, and put the grind toward die-hards who want varied paths and such. The light focus of the drops is what's frustrating to me. To me, I'd prefer to have drops that change how I play (perks/stats) than are infusion fuel, especially for an infusion range that my character, but not this gear has already moved past.

Deku Tree

Oh, yeah, I infused away my PvE (especially Raid) gear a while ago. (I'm still a runner, so I kept a pair of boots for Oryx, but that's it.)

My situation: I have gear I like, but I can't use because the light is too low. This is normal with Destiny, been that way all year, whatever.
The problem: The best way to get it up to fighting form is to play with other gear.

That's what I'm addressing.

I'm glad they've sped progression for a single path, and put the grind toward die-hards who want varied paths and such. The light focus of the drops is what's frustrating to me. To me, I'd prefer to have drops that change how I play (perks/stats) than are infusion fuel, especially for an infusion range that my character, but not this gear has already moved past.

Why don't you infuse the higher light gear into the gear that you want to use?

Why don't you infuse the higher light gear into the gear that you want to use?

Because it's perfectly rolled and infusing would destroy it?

Here's what I'm talking about:
  • Striker 5/5/1 set with Sniper/Rocket reload/ammo with PvP perks. Using Alpha Lupi. that's my Trials set with CB Doctrine, Sniper, Truth. It's at 323. I love this load-out for Trials, which is most of my playtime these days.
  • Defender 2/3/5 Shotgun focus with NBP that's my Jam for IB and when I feel like playing with it. It's at 313. It's perfectly rolled.
If I infuse my Trials loadout into my Defender loadout then it's just gone. Which I don't want.

I've been collecting perfectly rolled gear since the beginning of the year. I have all the gear I want (well, most, and I still am fashion hunting). Before, once I met the minimum threshold for the activity, I'd progress the same regardless of my light.

I don't mind playing a 313 Defender in IB, even with damage penalties. What's frustrating is that my drops for my character could be better if I played with different gear.

Tone is hard to get from the internet. I'm not raging here. I'm just saying there's a been a big change in the progression system and it has inherent conflicts in it.

Deku Tree

Because it's perfectly rolled and infusing would destroy it?

Here's what I'm talking about:
  • 5/5/1 Sniper/Rocket Lupi set that's my Trials set with CB Doctrine, Sniper, Truth. It's at 323. I love this load-out for Trials.
  • 2/3/5 Shotgun focus with NBP that's my Jam for IB and when I feel like playing with it. It's at 312. It's perfectly rolled.
If I infuse my Trials loadout into my Defender loadout then it's just gone. Which I don't want.

I've been collecting perfectly rolled gear since the beginning of the year. I have all the gear I want (well, most, and I still am fashion hunting). Before, once I met the minimum threshold for the activity, I'd progress the same regardless of my light.

I don't mind playing a 313 Defender in IB, even with damage penalties. What's frustrating is that my drops for my character could be better if I played with different gear.

Again, I'm not raging here. I'm just saying there's a been a big change in the progression system and it has internal conflicts in it.

John you gotta use your trials load out in IB until you get higher light stuff that you want to infuse!

LifEndz

Anyone know if the nightfall "bug" that caused sub-320 ghosts to drop has been fixed? I don't want to run it if I'm going to get another 311 ghost shell.

Top Bottom