• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Just got a Haakon's Hatchet to drop at 335 with

Focused Fire
Small Bore
Glass Half Full

So damned happy with this roll.

Really?

I got one with Focused Fire/[range perk]/hidden hand and couldn't stand focused fire- just didn't feel like it was hitting hard enough to justify the slower firing rate— and I enjoy the slow ROF auto rifles.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The doctrine of HMGs.

dFVGOpG.png

You know you are making the other team mad when three of them pop super and specifically chase after you.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Fastest IB match ever. Got the win by myself. Literally everyone got booted both team and opponents except me. LOL.

Really?

I got one with Focused Fire/[range perk]/hidden hand and couldn't stand focused fire- just didn't feel like it was hitting hard enough to justify the slower firing rate— and I enjoy the slow ROF auto rifles.
I love the slower rate of fire on this one. I got a couple others to drop that fired at a regular pace and hated them. Trashed haha. I'm definitely keeping this one.

LifEndz

It's so much easier to have an impact with randoms in a clash match, but damn if control and rift isn't more fun with a team.

the_id

Just listened to the last Planet Destiny Podcast. What and emotional one. One of their main co-hosts and streamer is leaving and quitting console gaming as well. PopeBear is selling off is Xbox one and PS4 along with his accounts and games attached to it.

He's very well known in the community in general for setting up the clan Dads of Destiny and a co-host to the PD cast which has a big community on it own.

1st IB game of the new season on XB1... joined in progress! And on Dreadnaught (both super meh).
But....

Got a 333 Heavy when I'm 329 and my max heavy was 326 which now makes me 330.

New reward system is hype. If only I didn't get off of work way too late.

Mindlog

Pretty sure I just Cosmo'd a match :]

When I'm awake I'm getting some very solid matches. Matchmaking is actually being reasonable and quite a few matches are ending with comebacks and within 300 points.

The downside, clash Solo is super painfully BORING.

Ended on a "high" note at least before going to bed. Only able to get 2 matches in since I have to get up early. Close.

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Just listened to the last Planet Destiny Podcast. What and emotional one. One of their main co-hosts and streamer is leaving and quitting console gaming as well. PopeBear is selling off is Xbox one and PS4 along with his accounts and games attached to it.

He's very well known in the community in general for setting up the clan Dads of Destiny and a co-host to the PD cast which has a big community on it own.

That's too bad to hear. Rarely listened to their podcast (or any Destiny podcast), but I know they are a big part of the community. Did he give reasons for the departure?

It's there a more efficient way to level a fresh character than running story missions? I keep giving up on my hunter, because leveling is so incredibly tedious by myself.

Hzoltan69

Haven't played since December and I'm eager to try CoE. Do you guys think it's a good idea at LL317 or should I level a bit with KF HM/CM first?

It's there a more efficient way to level a fresh character than running story missions? I keep giving up on my hunter, because leveling is so incredibly tedious by myself.

If you like PvP then playing regular Crucible is probably the best way to power level a character. Doing the story missions on hard is pretty good as well though, especially if you can get a friend or two to carry you through them quickly.

Other than that, I'm not sure. Bounties don't give the kinda XP they used to, although it's still good to knock out some of them while playing normally. I wouldn't go out of my way to finish them all by any means. If you can find any of the Red Bull codes for double XP those help a lot.

Haven't played since December and I'm eager to try CoE. Do you guys think it's a good idea at LL317 or should I level a bit with KF HM/CM before?

LL317 is more than enough for CoE, although the modifiers this week make it a little tedious. It's completely doable, might just take a little longer than the last two weeks would have.

PvP. You get good XP and it's the least tedious since it's the most dynamic mode. I did that with all my alts on XB1. HUGE: Save all of your blue and purple engrams UNTIL you get to max level 40.

Once you get there, you decrypt a blue engram at a time, starting with your lowest light piece and working your way up. Each time you decrypt, equip that gear/weapon IF it's your highest light for that particular piece. Repeat until all of your blue engrams are gone. Then do you legendary engrams. Also, DO NOT decrypt a repeat of that same particular piece. Example: if you have 3x Blue Helm and that's your lowest light gear, do 1 first. If you get a helm, equip and move onto the next lowest piece that you have an engram for. Basically, ALWAYS decrypt the gear or weapon piece that is the LEAST light, first. That way you equip it and it'll be a bigger overall light jump. Sometimes you get a mote or strange coin, in which case you then want to decrypt another of that piece, if you have it.

I don't remember what exactly you have to do, maybe just reaching 40, but DO NOT get the artifact from the vanguard people!!!! At least pre-April 12th, it was only 200 light I think. Maybe worse. Just wait until something decrypts to it.

***this is all assuming you don't have a main character. 100% infusion will obviously make some of this trivial depending on what you have saved up already from your main***

Side Note Edit:

I just realized this is OT 40, which is the current max "level" since TTK released, I believe.

Sounds like I might have to try some PvP. Usually not my thing, but it has to be better than slogging through the "story" for a fourth time. Is experience based on performance, or just for finishing? Might not be any faster with how bad I can be at PvP. Not to mention the fact that I'm missing most of the abilities from my subclass.

ocean

Banned
Sounds like I might have to try some PvP. Usually not my thing, but it has to be better than slogging through the "story" for a fourth time. Is experience based on performance, or just for finishing? Might not be any faster with how bad I can be at PvP. Not to mention the fact that I'm missing most of the abilities from my subclass.
Kills give you a little XP but most of it comes from just completing a match.

I mained warlock. Then I switched to Hunter for trials after awhile because golden gun and blade fit my trials play style better. Switched back to warlock for trials now that I have a good offensive super.

It's funny, you & your hunter's appearance in Kotaku's Trials of Osiris story is a big reason I re-engaged with DGAF. Kirk's story made Trials & Mercury seem really appealing if challenging. His description of the feeling of playing Trials is the most accurate one I've seen.

I'd been posting in DGAF OTs since the beta, but Hawkian is the only friend I had. I hadn't really done any LFG with DGAF acfually. But last summer, my IRL friends had all burnt out on Destiny & I realized that DGAF had some real stars in it, both in talent & just all around awesome people. So I got more involved, & found folks who were playing the activities that I cared about. For example, Mehrmantrout lead a Flawless Raid for not just me, but one of my IRL buddies. That was the last achievement I needed for Guardian Lord.

So Todd, you & Shock City, were a game changer for me & Destiny. I may never have gotten to Mercury with you, but I definitely got to Mercury & more because of you.

Thankful for that, and for so many folks in DGAF.

Sorry if I'm a bit saccharine lately. Just trying to be express my gratitude. Gonna blame lack of sleep if it's cringey.

Top Bottom