• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Deku Tree

I was fairly sure I didn't have that one. Turns out I was wrong and I'm only missing four or so rares.
Booting up the game was no biggie, just a shame it was for naught.

I am only missing three rare ships. All three have never been sold in y2. Yet the Shipwright has sold several of the same rare ships numerous times in y2.

E92 M3

Can't wait for the stream today even if it is just PoE

F5BzN12kQeezFLg61akh_Broman.jpg

Deku Tree

I feel like the whole "go play other games" corporate message that Bungie sent out on Twitter yesterday was a pre-emptive strike against their own internal expectation that people will be under-whelmed by todays reveal.

Lower expectations, and then lower them again, and then...

Trakan

I feel like the whole "go play other games" corporate message that Bungie sent out on Twitter yesterday was a pre-emptive strike against their own internal expectation that people will be under-whelmed by todays reveal.

Lower expectations, and then lower them again, and then...

Urk was also the one who back in January or whenever said this was the "biggest" update since TTK. I know the other updates were smaller so it wouldn't be hard to be the biggest one but advertising it as that and then telling people to keep expectations in check doesn't make sense to me.

Just to check - that picture means that Broman is doing the stream today/tonight!?

Oh man - I'm still getting flashbacks from the last one.

Many fails and no sight of the treasure room (which looking back was probably a good thing!)

Deku Tree

Just to check - that picture means that Broman is doing the stream today/tonight!?

Many fails and no sight of the treasure room (which looking back was probably a good thing!)

I'm pretty sure the picture is from last year, when Broman did the stream. No idea if they have a guest on the stream today or not.

E92 M3

No the picture is a joke, about how well it turned out last time lol

Trakan

So if the POE armor is coming back, I wonder how much work they actually put into it. Putting new perks into it seems like more work than they normally do and if they don't change it, it would still have the "carry more ammo for special/heavy weapons" perks.

No the picture is a joke, about how well it turned out last time lol

Dude is kind of insufferable to say the least.

I'm excited for today's stream. Hopefully more PoE means more SC so I can get the last 5 faction exotics.

I would also like it if they said those vanguard, cryptarch, and crucible shaders/emeblems/ships will start dropping properly in the update. I can dream.

Axoman

It's going to be HoW 2.0.

Even though no new Crota/VoG, they are coming out with Etheric light 2.0 provided by PoE 2.0 that will allow us to bring all weapons and armor to max attack/defense!

Lnkn52

I'm pretty sure the picture is from last year, when Broman did the stream. No idea if they have a guest on the stream today or not.

Lead Designer Ryan Paradis and Senior Designer Tim Williams will be on hand to share a glimpse of their recent work.

From Twitch
April Update Preview: New Things to Do

The April Update will provide the Guardians with a renewed call to arms. Before it arrives, we have a chance to serve up a preview of the new challenges you'll face. Join us on Twitch to meet the developers from Bungie and see what they have planned.

April Update Preview - New Things to Do
Wednesday, March 23rd, 11AM Pacific

Lead Designer Ryan Paradis and Senior Designer Tim Williams will be on hand to share a glimpse of their recent work.

Tune in and be a part of the conversation on Twitch.

See you in the Reef!

Like Urk said, keep your expectations low lol.

I'm not asking for a TON. I understand Vault and Crota's End won't be part of it, that's fine. Even if it's a bunch of new dead ghosts that give us a hint at what's happening in the universe and where it's going. Just something to engage us in what's happening in the world.

LTWood12

Urk was also the one who back in January or whenever said this was the "biggest" update since TTK. I know the other updates were smaller so it wouldn't be hard to be the biggest one but advertising it as that and then telling people to keep expectations in check doesn't make sense to me.

That is a damn good point.

Homeboyd

Even though no new Crota/VoG, they are coming out with Etheric light 2.0 provided by PoE 2.0 that will allow us to bring all weapons and armor to max attack/defense!
Dammit axo. Gunna make me dust off this old dusty controller aren't you?

Lnkn52

These are his words exactly:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/14179/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update--12102015

Urk said:
The first of these early 2016 experiences will be on a scale close to Festival of the Lost. The second will be far larger than anything you’ve seen since the release of The Taken King. There’s also another significant update to the world and sandbox planned in this same window.

It’s true that we’ve updated the playbook based on what we've learned to date, and to better tap into what makes Destiny unique. Last year, we all waited five months and ten days between content drops after December. This year, the plan is to deliver new experiences at a faster clip. To that end, the updates described above are all currently slated to hit across Winter and Spring of 2016, with more to come, as well.

Anyone using the X1 Elite controller for Destiny on PS4? Seems like kind of a hassle to get it working, tbh.

I do, and it was easy as cake. It's my main controller for PS4 now, don't use anything else.

What will I do with all my 307 and 311 shotguns though if e-light 2.0 comes out?

Axo and trance are hoping old e-light can be used, so their hoarding can once again be justified.

Axoman

Dammit axo. Gunna make me dust off this old dusty controller aren't you?
If that's what it takes! Would you play because you love PoE or because you could reliably hit max level again?

What will I do with all my 307 and 311 shotguns though if e-light 2.0 comes out?

Axo and trance are hoping old e-light can be used, so their hoarding can once again be justified.

That would be awesome! I've got all my etheric light waiting to be used, I'd have 3 max characters day one! Haha.

Although Etheric light 2.0 would be the elegant solution, it's too good for them to do it. Or if they did, it will probably be limited to year 2 stuff, which I guess would be alright as it would still provide a reliable upgrade path and remove the biggest hurdles with TTK endgame.

Old etheric light will never comeback and if it is an etheric light upgrade path it will be for TTK gear onwards. I don't know why you're doing it to yourselves

Edit you know the hard scoping camping meta has reached a peak, when nearly everyone is still doing it in mayhem clash. I can't wait to constantly blink shotgun the scumbags

They're probably not going to let you use the old etheric light if they bring it back because a lot of people gave theirs to Petra for rep, so they'll probably being in a new etheric light, although it would interesting if they let you turn in say 3 etheric light for one of the new material or something like that.

Edit: beat by mehr

Axoman

Old etheric light will never comeback and if it is an etheric light upgrade path it will be for TTK gear onwards. I don't know why you're doing it to yourselves

We're being facetious. We know they aren't going to do that. Etheric 2.0 makes too much sense for them to do it.

E92 M3

Bungie will never stop my hoarding and they better give us more vault space!

--

The petra trade is extremely biased against the customer, so I don't know why anyone would actually do it lol.

Namikaze1

Well, since Noomi deleted the old chat room, time to make a new one.

Fake edit: and done.

Need names for invites and whatnot.

Currently watching this Dark Souls 3 stream (I AM WEAK OKAY!!)

Auctopus

I know there's some DS fans here so I'll vent in this thread. That DS3 Spoiler Thread going up just now made me consider getting my ISP to block GAF for the next three weeks. Ugh.

Namikaze1

I know there's some DS fans here so I'll vent in this thread. That DS3 Spoiler Thread going up just now made me consider getting my ISP to block GAF for the next three weeks. Ugh.
I ventured in.

IM FUCKING WEAK

;___;

I am currently jealous of you, Japan. So jelly.

phen0m24

No idea how many of you have played with Dawn or watched her on Twitch... She's our Bungie buddy and loves to laugh. :)

Today is her birthday. She tried to hide it. It can not be hidden. Pepperidge Farm remembers.

If you care to tweet her a HBD message she's @rawksaur

:)

Homeboyd

If that's what it takes! Would you play because you love PoE or because you could reliably hit max level again?
I think PoE has huge potential (hoping for some improvements in this iteration), but the thought of actually being able to use guns I like again would bring me back. Can't imagine hung jurying skolas for 13 1/2 hours. I just hate the sandbox right now.

Top Bottom