• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DeutschGAF |OT4| ger.mansplaining

El Topo

Jetzt fehlen mir nur zwei Antike Reaktorkerne für Maximum Antike Rüstung und keiner dieser blöden Wächter will die droppen. Von 7 Wächtern hatte nur einer zwei Kerne. Der Rest nix.

Die fliegenden Wächter droppen das meiner Erfahrung nach etwas häufiger, kann aber auch nur Zufall sein.

What up people?

I learned German in school and uni to a B2/C1 standard roughly, but I've been out of education for a few months now, and I want to read some German books that aren't too difficult. I was thinking of maybe trying some Kafka?

Ladekabel

What up people?

I learned German in school and uni to a B2/C1 standard roughly, but I've been out of education for a few months now, and I want to read some German books that aren't too difficult. I was thinking of maybe trying some Kafka?

I'm not too knowledgeable about Kafka's work but I read The Process in school and I would call it difficult to understand if memory serves right. I would recommend something by Dürrenmatt.

What up people?

Erich Kästner. He's most famous for his books for children. Yet wrote "adult" books like "Fabian".
If you want to try Kafka, try out "The Metamorphosis". It's short and easy to read imo.

CTLance

Sarcastic Poster

Easy to read German

Hmmmmmmm.......

Welcome, anyway. :D

I'd suggest going with something you'd wanna read anyway, and getting the German edition. Least worry about the issue of motivation, and if you have a basic understanding of the premise you're less likely to get stunlocked by our lovely language.

Or get one of those everyday science books that explain why it can hail even during the hottest summer or how a mirage works. I tend to call them "toilet books" because that's usually where you will find them. Short, independent chapters, quick to read, easy to understand, and moderately entertaining.
Example would be Ranga Yogeshwar's "Ach so!" (ISBN 978-3-462-04265-8). Plus, if you get stuck, a quick googling will throw up loads of popsci sites explaining the issue.
to avoid any undue accusations: No, I'm not writing this post on the porcelain throne, I just walked over to get it. =P

I guess it would help if you gave us some rough pointers on your preferences. It's a bit hard to just suggest something out of the blue. So... SciFi? Romance? Thriller? Detective novel?

Edit: just so I don't leave you hanging, and because I am currently throwing away old school stuffs by coincidence):
In school, we read Homo Faber (by Max Frisch), Der Richter und sein Henker (by Friedrich Dürrenmatt), and Das Parfüm (by Patrik Süskind). None of them are too awful.

Oh, and Goethe. However, that's a bit too old I guess. If not, I'd recommend Faust. Not Faust 2, that's where he masturbated to some grammar conventions, making is far less of a fun read and more of a headache.

CTLance

Found an old essay. Got a 2! Awesome.
Into the trash it goes.

Look into Michael Ende books.

Neverending story (Die unendliche Geschichte) or Momo.

Good stuff.

NeoRausch

Warum kann man eigentlich bei Amazon Codes für digitale WiiU/Switch Spiele kaufen (was auch wunderbar funktioniert) aber keine Punktekarten?

Das ist bei PSN sowas von praktisch!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Warum kann man eigentlich bei Amazon Codes für digitale WiiU/Switch Spiele kaufen (was auch wunderbar funktioniert) aber keine Punktekarten?

in japan und amerika geht's auch inzwischen. ich tippe mal darauf, dass es nur noch eine frage der Zeit ist.

Ladekabel

Ja hoffentlich. Das System ist ja eindeutig schon seit Mario Kart 8 (oder länger?) in place.
UND ich hab keinen Bock jedenfall bis zum nächste/n Supermarkt/Tanke zu laufen.

Soviele Spontankäufe verpasst...

War bei mir ähnlich. Hast du Paypal? Da kannst du dir 15€, 25€ und ich glaub 50€ Codes kaufen.

oti

Banned

Es gibt einen offiziellen Paypal Shop für eShop Guthaben.

NeoRausch

War bei mir ähnlich. Hast du Paypal? Da kannst du dir 15€, 25€ und ich glaub 50€ Codes kaufen.

Es gibt einen offiziellen Paypal Shop für eShop Guthaben.

Ist ja gut! 😂
Benutze PayPal ÄUSSERST selten. Vielleicht sollte ich mir das nochmal in Ruhe angucken.

ABER!
Grade einen Switch Pro Controller bei Amazon gesnagged!
Fucking finally!
Montag oder Dienstag sollte der da sein!

Morgen Starkbierfest. Wünscht mir Glück.

hqdefault.jpg

You're already dea... drunk.

Hm, hab heute die Mass Effect Reihe endlich fertig gespielt, und Persona kommt erst nächste Woche an. Was mach ich jetzt mit meinem Wochenende?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Lilith bekam Freitag ne E-Mail, dass sie Bestanden hat. Note gibt's erst in den nächsten 6 Wochen, aber sie weiß der BA ist fertig :D

Xater

Ich habe in den nächsten 3 Tagen Vorstellungsgespräche in Frankfurt und in München. Ich habe mal meine Fahrzeiten zusammengerechnet und das bedeutet ich werde ungefähr 18 Stunden in Zügen verbringen. Spaaaaaaaß...

oti

Banned
Ich habe in den nächsten 3 Tagen Vorstellungsgespräche in Frankfurt und in München. Ich habe mal meine Fahrzeiten zusammengerechnet und das bedeutet ich werde ungefähr 18 Stunden in Zügen verbringen. Spaaaaaaaß...

Für was bewirbst du dich? Viel Glück schonmal.

Ladekabel

Erste Woche der weiterführenden Programmierveranstaltung:

giphy.gif

Zweite Woche der weiterführenden Programmierveranstaltung:

tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500.gif

Dritte Woche der weiterführenden Programmierveranstaltung:

tumblr_inline_ok0bdifTVf1ustg9m_500.gif

Top Bottom