• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] PlayStation 5 Pro Hands-On: 11 Games Tested, PSSR and RT Upgrades Revealed, Developers Interviewed!

Sony confirmed that there is a "system level" boost mode for PS5 and PS4 games

Games don't HAVE to be patched to run better

Unless they are locked to 30, they will all reach 60 fps just by brute force

In a recent interview with IGN, PlayStation Senior Principal Product Manager Toshi Aoki briefly clarified how the PS5 Pro's new boost mode will work. The boost mode will not require developers to release updated patches for their games; PS4 and PS5 titles will just play better on the PS5 Pro right out of the box.

"Even if the game does not support the [enhancements] directly, there is a game boost feature which makes the current PS5 games and PS4 games run at a higher clock rate. So if those games also have dynamic resolution or variable frame rates, those games also will get a boost and run better," Aoki said.

That's the same as PS4 Pro and ONLY good if a game has: 1. Dynamic resolution 2. Framerate that is struggling to hit 30/60

The games I mentioned all need more than "boost mode". Cyberpunk 2077 is still the showcase game for Ray Tracing on PC while the console versions have poor IQ and visuals at 60 and a Fidelity mode that only has one very epecific RT effect (indoor shadows lol). I can't believe this wasn't the first game they'd try to secure a PS5 Pro patch for considering how weak the console versions are compared to PC. Fun fact- the consoles were supposed to have RT reflections but they didn't include them at the last minute.

Black Myth Wukong is the hot new game that also happens to be the primiere UE5 game at the moment. A Boost mode will help it to feel a little more stable framerate-wise but a Pro patch is really needed because PSSR would fix the image quality in the blurry looking Balanced mode at 60 fps while the Fidelity mode could benefit greatly as well since the FSR causes so much ghosting on particles and the characters (also present in balanced mode). The game is honestly a bit of a mess on PS5 despite what some people want to pretend it isn't.

RDR2 could finally get a decent 60 fps on console with a Pro patch. This is on Rockstar but Sony couldve done it if they wanted to. If Sony was somehow blocked by Rockstar because they want to sell it again with a remaster and Sony allows that well that just shows how scummy both companies are. Ut's rediculous for this to not have 60 fps on the Pro.

ALL Sony exclusives from both the PS5 and PS4 should get a Pro patch if possible. It's Sony's new console and platform they should be doing all they can for their own games now that they have the tech to do it. Yes im talking about not just their PS5 games but the ps4 exclusives that they forgot to patch like Driveclub, the Order, Gravity Rush 2 AND BLOODBORNE.

Dying Light 2 looks amazing on PC with RT gi but trash on console in its 60 fps, low res FSR implementation. The fidelity mode looks pretty good at 30 fps but lacks RT gi. There's an RT ambient occlusion at 30 fps but it's trash at 1080p.

Control-could get rt gi like it has on PC. Remember that like Cyberpunk this was THE big RT showcase for a while. The console version got RT reflections at 30 so they could finally give us that but at 60 and hopefully that will fix the awful input lag that exists now.

Rise of the Ronin is a PS5 exclusive and it's complete and total trash right now on PS5. $70 and only enjoyable in its low res 60 fps mode. Shame because it actually looks nice in Fidelity mode but that is sub 30 fps. They should patch it ans bring the Fidelity mode up to 60 fps and make it actually look like a PS5 game.

Gow Ragnarok is such a no brainer for an update as are the other PS5 exclusives this gen that looked like PS4 Pro games so LoU1 remake, Astrobot all deserve to get Pro patches that raise some settings be it shadows or ambient occlusion or texture detail. Astrobot doesn't even have smbient occlusion as it is now like come on Sony.

Final Fantasy 16 absolutely needs more than just Boost mode. It's one of the best looking games this gen at 30 fps but doesn't feel that good to play due to the odd motion blur they use. Bring it to 6p fps like Rebirth.

Space Marine 2 is an obvious choice too as it just came out and doesn't have great IQ even in Fidelity mode.

There are a lot more games but these are some of the ones most in need of a Pro patch that havn't been confirmed as of now. I'm sure im forgetting some and ill add them as I think of them along with why they need patching.

Kangx

I'll be honest i am very disappointed how unstable the image seems to be with PSSR, jaggies and oversharpening... looking at last of us part 2 sas disgusting
Wait. I watched all the pro preview around 3 feet from my 77 in oled and most the game image quality are excellent and I rarely see jaggies at all except in GT7 without zoom in. Like Oliver said, GT7 even have image quality issue at 4k so that the exception.

Unless you give us an example here or i call this bullshit. Or you consider Oliver zoom in as evidence, if so more power to you.

Last edited:
I'll be honest i am very disappointed how unstable the image seems to be with PSSR, jaggies and oversharpening... looking at last of us part 2 sas disgusting

Me too the biggest selling point was the PSSR and ut allowing us to not have to deal with the shimmering and artifacts that make FSR2 so bad ...this should be an issue for everyone who has been excited for the PS5 Pro ...anyone acting like the concerns over image quality instability being unfounded is full of shit and is either a fanboy or they just want to pretend everythings OK.

Now, maybe like DLSS future revisions to PSSR will improve things but we don't know that and remember, all these games getting patched with it around launch will be stuck with whatever instability issues it has now unless the devs do yet another PSSR patch sometime down the line...

Kangx

Me too the biggest selling point was the PSSR and ut allowing us to not have to deal with the shimmering and artifacts that make FSR2 so bad ...this should be an issue for everyone who has been excited for the PS5 Pro ...anyone acting like the concerns over image quality instability being unfounded is full of shit and is either a fanboy or they just want to pretend everythings OK.

Now, maybe like DLSS future revisions to PSSR will improve things but we don't know that and remember, all these games getting patched with it around launch will be stuck with whatever instability issues it has now unless the devs do yet another PSSR patch sometime down the line...
Nobody sugar coating the image stability issue. Watch Oliver go over on DF. He raised the issue regarding stability. Nowhere he mentioned shimmering, artifacts and especially jaggies as an issue.

Now go watch all the previews beside DF to see the actual B roll footages and the reaction of most people. None. Literally none of these people mention shimmering, jaggies and artifacts not even image stability issue like oliver mentioned here. And these people standing 1 to 2 feets from the screen. The developers intentionally set up people close to the screens to demonstrate how much better the pro image quality between the 2 machine.

DF is a technical analysis channel of course they going to find any imperfections in an image. Most people only see these imperfections when they point out with zoom in.

Last edited:
Wait. I watched all the pro preview around 3 feet from my 77 in oled and most the game image quality are excellent and I rarely see jaggies at all except in GT7 without zoom in. Like Oliver said, GT7 even have image quality issue at 4k so that the exception.

Unless you give us an example here or i call this bullshit. Or you consider Oliver zoom in as evidence, if so more power to you.
Exactly! He was zoomed in 400x lol and even admitted he couldn't see it at normal viewing distance not to mention it's still in development. I was hard pressed to see it on my TV as well unlike FSR2 but if it didn't have these minor issues then the technology would be basically perfect and DLSS isn't even perfect you're always going to have some level of temporal instability at least for a few more years before it's perfected through ML. PSSR 1.0 is extremely impressive and it's evolving and improving all of the time.

Mark Cerny: The PS5 Pro is so you don’t have to choose between Quality and 60fps. You get both.
Is anyone else bothered by Cerny taking about eliminating choice between modes, yet games supporting the Pro are adding even more modes to the graphics settings? Now we are getting modes like "Fidelity Pro" 30fps. There is one game (name escapes me) where the devs say they are straight up adding modes to the options so there will be five modes to choose from now.

twilo99

Gold Member
I have admittedly become such a frame rate snob. So hard for me to play below 60. Super excited to see what they can pull off and hopefully this keeps me entertained until the next gen consoles release.

Wait until you get used to 120..

I was very unfortunate to experience 120fps a LONG time ago and it ruined my perception and it kept me firmly in the PC gaming space since consoles were always stuck in the 30-60 range, and... to my surprise, they still mostly are. It seems like frame generation might finally get the console out of the dark agaes of low fidelity, but that's like 20 years too late for me lol

twilo99

Gold Member
Is anyone else bothered by Cerny taking about eliminating choice between modes, yet games supporting the Pro are adding even more modes to the graphics settings? Now we are getting modes like "Fidelity Pro" 30fps. There is one game (name escapes me) where the devs say they are straight up adding modes to the options so there will be five modes to choose from now.

Well, if there is so much performance to space, the old 60fps "performance" mode should simply be replaced by 120fps "performance" mode

ChiefDada

Gold Member

I really hope you're in the minority here. Having more and better performing choices across the board is always a good thing and should never be frowned upon. Securing 4k like image quality at 60fps is the ultimate purpose of the Pro (which is what Cerny was talking about). But there will inevitably be gamers, like myself, who will be curious about what the new hardware can achieve at 30fps from a pure fidelity/vfx standpoint. Don't forget, while Sony discovered ~75% preferred performance mode, that leaves 25% who favored highest fidelity at the expense of framerate. 25% is a significant population and more than enough to justify developers continuing to pursue the limits of 30fps visuals in addition to the higher performance modes.

Almost lost my 80 year old sweet neighbor over it

My very healthy and very unvaccinated 35 year old son got it this summer and spent two weeks in the hospital with a few days in the ICU and was the sickest he has ever been
How is he feeling now? is he 100% or does he have some lingering effects? my cousin is in his late 40's and was an athlete all of his life & stayed in great shape and was still going to the gym 5 times a week got covid in 2021 and almost died, he had to spend Christmas in the ICU away from his wife and kids and his lungs have never been the same. I got it in 2021 as well, a few months after my 2nd vaccination and it knocked me out for a little over a week, I didn't sleep at all for more than 6 days because I was coughing so much, it was the worst I'd ever felt but thankfully I got through it.

It's not the flu, it's not a joke and at least now it mostly doesn't seem as bad as it used to be it was very serious (and still can be) and people who have this revisionist attitude of "I always knew it was nothing" are talking out of their rear ends. It was very dangerous, hospitals were overwhelmed, my Mom was dying of cancer and I could only visit her 1 hour a day and I saw how overworked the staff was.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
How is he feeling now? is he 100% or does he have some lingering effects? my cousin is in his late 40's and was an athlete all of his life & stayed in great shape and was still going to the gym 5 times a week got covid in 2021 and almost died, he had to spend Christmas in the ICU away from his wife and kids and his lungs have never been the same. I got it in 2021 as well, a few months after my 2nd vaccination and it knocked me out for a little over a week, I didn't sleep at all for more than 6 days because I was coughing so much, it was the worst I'd ever felt but thankfully I got through it.

It's not the flu, it's not a joke and at least now it mostly doesn't seem as bad as it used to be it was very serious (and still can be) and people who have this revisionist attitude of "I always knew it was nothing" are talking out of their rear ends. It was very dangerous, hospitals were overwhelmed, my Mom was dying of cancer and I could only visit her 1 hour a day and I saw how overworked the staff was.
It took him quite awhile to return to normal

He was fatigued for a good month after coming home and the brain fog lasted much longer

Kangx

It will be interesting to see how Kojima going to use the pro though. Hopefully he will demonstrate his game in the coming day from the pro.

Do you guy think he will adopt Gurrella new upscaling or implement PSSR?

PSSR is kinda opposite of the new upscale. It seems to have more clarity than native 4k with TAA but suffered from image stability on some games. The new Guerrula upscale has more stability and smoother image than native 4k but look a bit softer compare to 4k DLSS quality.

Here the interesting thing. There is a part when we can see a quick glimpse of both upscale solution when Destin asked Oliver to compare them to DLSS. I believed this is 4k quality DLSS. They look pretty comparable.

Which one you prefer? PSSR might incur more frame time. I don't know man. I prefer PSSR on ratchet. In some scenes, there is even more clarity than DLSS, and ratchet look pretty clean to me.

Edit: interesting at 23:06, you can see the crowd exhibits artifacts in DLSS but PSSR doesn't. Also, the rectangular tile seem to be clearer on the Pro but the circle below in between ratchet and guy seem to be clearer on DLSS.

Last edited:
covid still a thing in japan? what year is this.gif
The thing with Japan is, they get the flu = mask, slightly running nose = mask, a bit of cough = mask. It's just a culture stuff.

And if you're think about it Tokyo, one city, has as large population as whole Poland which kind of make sense to well try to not spread any sickness whatsoever be it flu, covid or anything really with that much density.

Bojji

I really hope you're in the minority here. Having more and better performing choices across the board is always a good thing and should never be frowned upon. Securing 4k like image quality at 60fps is the ultimate purpose of the Pro (which is what Cerny was talking about). But there will inevitably be gamers, like myself, who will be curious about what the new hardware can achieve at 30fps from a pure fidelity/vfx standpoint. Don't forget, while Sony discovered ~75% preferred performance mode, that leaves 25% who favored highest fidelity at the expense of framerate. 25% is a significant population and more than enough to justify developers continuing to pursue the limits of 30fps visuals in addition to the higher performance modes.

There should be options for people that want better IQ or better performance, or even something in between.

Stellar blade style options: performance (locked 60), balance (vrr 60) and IQ (4k)

^ This should be the norm. Maybe with added unlocked 60fps/120fps.

Locked 30fps on the other hand should rot in hell.

Kangx

Yeah it’s pretty wild how close the 4090 looks vs. ps5 pro here
For Ratchet here In term of image quality, yes. As for graphic, There are subtle differences in favor the 4090 of course.

If you pay attention. Raytrace reflection is higher. there are also RTAO and raytrace shadow for the 4090. I believe Destin turned everything max here on the pc version. The Pro is using the 60 RT performance mode here so there is also less crowds.

It's kinda interesting though that at 23:06, there is artifacts in the crowds, but I don't see any artifacts exibit on DLSS showing by DF. Could this cause by turn everything to max on pc?

For Ratchet here In term of image quality, yes. As for graphic, There are subtle differences in favor the 4090 of course.

If you pay attention. Raytrace reflection is higher. there are also RTAO and raytrace shadow for the 4090. I believe Destin turned everything max here on the pc version. The Pro is using the 60 RT performance mode here so there is also less crowds.

It's kinda interesting though that at 23:06, there is artifacts in the crowds, but I don't see any artifacts exibit on DLSS showing by DF. Could this cause by turn everything to max on pc?
Obviously you'll see the same graphics divide between a 4070 and a 4090. But the IQ been so similar is what is impressive, particularly the lack of ghosting on particles.

But them using a maxxed 4090 (also in Horizon) to make PS5 Pro looks as worse as possible ("DLSS is still king!") is already telling us everything we needed to know about PSSR: It works virtually as good as DLSS!

Last edited:

Kangx

PSSR: It works virtually as good as DLSS!
I am not sure I will come to this conclusion at the moment. PSSR still suffered from image stability issue on certain games. Oliver said this in his recent hand on. He noticed that on FF7 when moving the camera fast.

Also, it seems Ratchet internal res is a bit higher than 1440p which kinda help vs DLSS quality.

Last edited:

Bojji

For Ratchet:

GsP8UlG.jpeg

Higher quality RT reflections. On the other hand PSSR is less dithered on the fur compared to DLSS.

kSMNGQu.jpeg

Here we have RT shadows on PC and standard shadow maps on Pro, also less crowd in the distance.

I have no idea if this is DLAA or some other DLSS setting (or dynamic res).

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I am not sure I will come to this conclusion at the moment. PSSR still suffered from image stability issue on certain games. Oliver said this in his recent hand on. He noticed that on FF7 when moving the camera fast.

Also, it seems Ratchet internal res is a bit higher than 1440p which kinda help vs DLSS quality.
That PSSR version is months old, it got an image stability update in September apparently (devs need to pick it up, just like when nVIDIA releases new DLSS versions).

Sw0pDiller

Yeah it’s pretty wild how close the 4090 looks vs. ps5 pro here
I allways have kind of a cringe when they compare console vs PC. My laptop is a pc and a 4000 dollar gaming set-up is a PC. This comparison vs a 4090 is really flattering towards the pro because you are essentially comparing a 700 dollar console with a 3500 dollar pc. But everybody is cherry picking their comparisons; Being angry about the no disk ps5pro and pricewise comparing it to a pc while forgetting that on pc virtually every software comes digital via steam of even worse: gamepass where you dont even own the software.

I am very excited about the pro and the early footage is allready very promising. we still need to see how space marines2 , wutong, stellar blade, elden ring, black ops 3, the new battlefield, wolverine and so a performes but i suspect it will be like a dream.

yogaflame

Stupid question. Is PSSR an AI base machine learning capabilties? Does that mean that it constantly evolving and adjusting to each game that it upgrades or boost? So it means it learns as time passes like for example to improve the frame rate more, or improve the 4K or implement RT? Those games we saw that still has issues in fps (especially DD2), 4k and RT ,will someday improve due to the AI capability to adjust? You get what I mean? Thanks.

Last edited:

Bojji

This is a $700 console vs $3500 pc... pro is crazy good value.

You could switch that 4090 to 4070 (or better) and see very comparable results (biggest difference in frame rate obviously). Why you are so obsessed about 4090 here? It just happened to be in this PC (most journalists have the best hardware available).

Stupid question. Is PSSR an AI base machine learning capabilties? Does that mean that it constantly evolving and adjusting to each game that it upgrades or boost? So it means it learns as time passes like for example to improve the frame rate more, or improve the 4K or implement RT? You get what I mean? Thanks.

It could improve framerate but differences will be minimal. Biggest difference will come with improved image quality, of course we don't know if devs will patch new version of PSSR in their old games.

Maybe they will do something similar with it to ray reconstruction on nvidia, same for frame generation. We will see in the future.

Last edited:

Sw0pDiller

You could switch that 4090 to 4070 (or better) and see very comparable results (biggest difference in frame rate obviously).
in the case of 4070:
This is a $700 console vs $1500 pc... pro is crazy good value.

in the case of 4080
This is a $700 console vs $2500 pc... pro is crazy good value.

Why you are so obsessed about 4090 here?
i'm not obsessed, they are just comparing this videocard with ps5pro in this video.
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Bojji

in the case of 4070:

in the case of 4080

i'm not obsessed, they are just comparing this videocard with ps5pro in this video.
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

In Poland I can get Pro for 3499PLN or PC with 4070 in it for 3904PLN. Just 11% more

LsZi0oC.jpeg

Ultra high price of Pro in Europe makes it a really bad value.

yogaflame

You could switch that 4090 to 4070 (or better) and see very comparable results (biggest difference in frame rate obviously). Why you are so obsessed about 4090 here? It just happened to be in this PC (most journalists have the best hardware available).

It could improve framerate but differences will be minimal. Biggest difference will come with improved image quality, of course we don't know if devs will patch new version of PSSR in their old games.

Maybe they will do something similar with it to ray reconstruction on nvidia, same for frame generation. We will see in the future.

I see. It is exciting future for PSsr. So if my understanding is correct about PSSR, it has AI machine learning capabilties, so those games we saw are still early and will look even better once the PSSR continues to learn to adjust and upgrade those games as time passes (especially DD2)

Zathalus

in the case of 4070:

in the case of 4080
Those prices are quite a bit higher than what a good PC in that price range would cost. You can knock $450 off that 4070 PC price and $700 off that 4080 Super PC.

The Pro is still good value but no need to artificially make the PC look more expensive than it is.

Last edited:

ValiantInstance

Neo Member
I allways have kind of a cringe when they compare console vs PC. My laptop is a pc and a 4000 dollar gaming set-up is a PC. This comparison vs a 4090 is really flattering towards the pro because you are essentially comparing a 700 dollar console with a 3500 dollar pc. But everybody is cherry picking their comparisons; Being angry about the no disk ps5pro and pricewise comparing it to a pc while forgetting that on pc virtually every software comes digital via steam of even worse: gamepass where you dont even own the software.

I am very excited about the pro and the early footage is allready very promising. we still need to see how space marines2 , wutong, stellar blade, elden ring, black ops 3, the new battlefield, wolverine and so a performes but i suspect it will be like a dream.
Difference is I trust Valve not to revoke my licenses. I don't trust Sony, and there are recent examples of them doing this for items bought on the PS Store.

If there's no disk drive on future consoles, there is zero reason to own one for me. I didn't lock myself into the ecosystem by buying games digitally at a higher price than physical copies that I can trade in.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
The Pro is still good value but no need to artificially make the PC look more expensive than it is.
It’s good value compared to PCs which are terrible in terms of value. Relative to other consoles, the Pro’s value is awful. It’s just not quite as bad as PCs, but consoles always have had a MUCH better value proposition than PCs anyway. The 4070 is also going to be replaced by the 5070 within the next 6 months or so and the Pro is unlikely to drop in price. The value will look even worse less than a year from now. Throw in that they no longer include a disc drive like they always had for the past 30 years, and the future looks bleak.

The time when Sony was subsidizing consoles is obviously over. They no longer wanna take a loss with every unit sold. I bought one because I need a console and ain’t no way I’m getting the regular one. It doesn’t change the fact that the Pro’s value for a console is bad.

Sw0pDiller

Those prices are quite a bit higher than what a good PC in that price range would cost. You can knock $450 off that 4070 PC price and $700 off that 4080 Super PC.

sure, you can knock off some money and put some on top of this. You can even make you own system with second hand parts. Cut some corners here and there. You can make the same argument for ps5 pro, you can sell your old ps5 or and if you allready have a gaming pc you can upgrade only your videocard for around 500 dollar.

Fact is that for the money you get a really good (the best) console expercience and if you are allready in the ps ecosystem my bet is you allready have loads of games in your library. 700 dollar triggers a whole lot of peple it seems because it's the most expensive console to date, but if you dig that kind of stuff it's worth the money. Just like a 2000 dolla videocard is worth the money for pc enthousiasts.

Gaiff

sure, you can knock off some money and put some on top of this. You can even make you own system with second hand parts. Cut some corners here and there. You can make the same argument for ps5 pro, you can sell your old ps5 or and if you allready have a gaming pc you can upgrade only your videocard for around 500 dollar.

Fact is that for the money you get a really good (the best) console expercience and if you are allready in the ps ecosystem my bet is you allready have loads of games in your library. 700 dollar triggers a whole lot of peple it seems because it's the most expensive console to date, but if you dig that kind of stuff it's worth the money. Just like a 2000 dolla videocard is worth the money for pc enthousiasts.
>PC prices are awful
>Console prices are getting worse, but hey, at least they ain’t as bad as PC prices

Terrible logic. Remember, the PS5 DE was $400. The RTX 2070S, which is equivalent to the 4070 today (actually better) was $500. Back in November 2020, you needed to shell out around $1000 to match a $400 console. Now it’s around $1050 for a $700 console. It’s going to get worse very soon too.

Edit: The loads of games in the library is also true. I got tons of PS4 discs and will need another $80 on top of the $700 to play them. Good value? Hell no.

Last edited:

Ashamam

In Poland I can get Pro for 3499PLN or PC with 4070 in it for 3904PLN. Just 11% more
Using parts pickers is not an honest comparison. Either put a value on your hours spent purchasing/assembling/testing, updating firmware etc etc, or list prebuilt prices. I'd argue you really need to use brand name comparisons, or at least PC's that you have confidence include excellent thermal solutions/reliable parts etc. Prebuilts will also presumably include a more comparable warranty.

Last edited:

Bojji

I see. It is exciting future for PSsr. So if my understanding is correct about PSSR, it has AI machine learning capabilties, so those games we saw are still early and will look even better once the PSSR continues to learn to adjust and upgrade those games as time passes (especially DD2)

It will get better and better, just like other ML reconstruction techniques evolve in time. I think going pssr was the right direction here, instead of waiting forever for AMD to implement ML fsr4.

Oh god, not crappy PC builds again. Please don't recommend people buy a 3600 in 2024 for the love of god, unless you really hate PC gaming and want to give people terrible advice on purpose.

But i heard this cpu is fine by console players, enough for all games to reach 60fps? This CPU is slightly better than what PS5 pro has, so is it ok or not? Make up your mind.

Gaiff

Really makes me think Sony wants us to get used to much higher prices. I expect the PS6 to be no less than $600 now, very likely $700. Blackwell will be very important moving forward. Will NVIDIA raise the prices again?

Imagine a world with $700 consoles and $700 mid-tier GPUs. Jesus.

Last edited:

Zathalus

Using parts pickers is not an honest comparison. Either put a value on your hours spent purchasing/assembling/testing, updating firmware etc etc, or list prebuilt prices. I'd argue you really need to use brand name comparisons, or at least PC's that you have confidence include excellent thermal solutions/reliable parts etc.
Putting a value on purchasing and assembling a PC would make the PC cheaper for me as both are activities I enjoy. For a lot of people as well. But even so it’s only about two or three hours of your time for both activities at most. As for any PC build I recommend or build I’d always use good parts. Like nothing less then a Gold PSU from a reputable brand for example.

But a Pro is still cheaper than PCs, the only difference is the price gap isn’t quite so large as it used to be. But consoles are consoles and PCs are PCs, price is only one part of the equation.

Bojji

Using parts pickers is not an honest comparison. Either put a value on your hours spent purchasing/assembling/testing, updating firmware etc etc, or list prebuilt prices. I'd argue you really need to use brand name comparisons, or at least PC's that you have confidence include excellent thermal solutions/reliable parts etc. Prebuilts will also presumably include a more comparable warranty.

I don't get what are you talking about.

That PC would be perfectly fine, CPU even comes with a cooler. Everything has low Wattage so temperatures should be under control.

Firms like Komputrik here also will build this pc for you if you don't have any experience (for small fee or not, I have no idea - it was free in 2007).

Gaiff

Also need to factor in the price of the gas consumed for those who drive up to the store to pick up their stuff.

Top Bottom