• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

vg vs secret got me like

maxresdefault.jpg

Big Dog

What a sad ending. Was really hoping Artour could pull something out and throne them. I feel he was a bit too reserved in using his 5 second bkb near the end and would usually have like 1/4 of his health by the time he decided to pop it. The multiple baits that Secret had to get sets of barracks in that game were unbelievable though, had me jumping out of my chair.

Shinypogs

I am sad for Secret but god damn I swear FY's sandking is the best in the world. Also I will be pissed if the finals don't have a game as good as this.

Ultrabum

Literally a bigger throw than C9 yesterday. You have mega creeps, with wisp tiny, all your heros are alive, with buyback. How do you lose? Morons.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Tobear, its time for you to carry me with your superior knowledge!

- BUY DAGON

- BUY EBLADE

- it's always best to buy the recipe first when building items

- remember to always cast ravage when you're caught on your own with teammates nowhere nearby

Literally a bigger throw than C9 yesterday.

No.

1.) BG lost control of their jungle and safe lane @ 12 minutes, cutting their safe farming zones literally in half.

2.) C9 was up 25k gold at one point, along with a huge XP lead.

3.)
C9 itemized poorly and played team fights poorly. They forgot to farm because they were so focused on ending, but forgot to buy the best sieging items.

4.) Even with no items, BG supports kept themselves alive and kept themselves relevant with multiple disables in each team fight and big ults to kill off EE.

5.) BG was forced to sit in base for 40 minutes.

6.) Down all that gold and xp, BG held no less than 6 base pushes vs refresher shaman wards and a lycan with one of the most immobile carries in the game.

By contrast, Secret never had a significant gold or xp lead. Their carry (Tiny) couldn't get any kills and kept dying. They bungled relocates, calls, shackles along the way.

The fact that they got megas and almost won that game while being behind most (if not all) of the game is a testament to their team's strength. Where it was only a sign of weakness for C9 in their loss.

Ultrabum

No.

1.) BG lost control of their jungle and safe lane @ 12 minutes, cutting their safe farming zones literally in half.

2.) C9 was up 25k gold at one point, along with a huge XP lead.

3.)
C9 itemized poorly and played team fights poorly.

4.) Even with no items, BG supports kept themselves alive and kept themselves relevant with multiple disables in each team fight and big ults to kill off EE.

5.) Down all that gold and xp, BG held no less than 6 base pushes vs shaman wards and a lycan with one of the most immobile carries in the game.

By contrast, Secret was never had a significant gold or xp lead. Their carry (Tiny) couldn't get any kills and kept dying. They bungled relocates, calls, shackles along the way.

The fact that they got megas and almost won that game while being behind most (if not all) of the game is a testament to their team's strength. Where it was only a sign of weakness for C9 in their loss.

You cannot throw harder than a global TP with the best carry for killing buildings with mega creeps and buyback.

That position is worth more than any amount of gold, items, or levels.

You cannot throw harder than a global TP with the best carry for killing buildings with mega creeps and buyback.

That's demonstrably incorrect. Wisp and Chen are basically large melee and range creeps past 50 minutes. It was 3v5 for most intents and purposes.

Ultrabum

That's demonstrably incorrect. Wisp and Chen are basically large melee and range creeps past 50 minutes. It was 3v5 for most intents and purposes.

All they have to do is sit and wait for the mega creeps to push in. It was a huge throw. The could have sat in their base, and relocated bkb'd hit the throne and then bought back. Sat in their base until buyback was up again. It was such a huge position, and they threw it away so fucking hard.

Radec

VG is ahead even with megacreeps against them.

It was their game to lose to begin with. Secret just outsmarted VG and got the raxes.

Wisp+Tiny is no problem against a 6 slotted SF+Bristle.

All they have to do is sit and wait for the mega creeps to push in. It was a huge throw. The could have sat in their base, and relocated bkb'd hit the throne and then bought back. Sat in their base until buyback was up again. It was such a huge position, and they threw it away so fucking hard.

But theoretically Windranger and Tiny have already peaked, Axe call becomes less of a factor, and 4 of the 5 heroes on VG still have uses for farm. It seems like they had to get the rosh or somehow put pressure on the map in order to win, even if SF and Bristle aren't hard carries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom