• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Haha, cry more, Conrad.
happytears.gif

manfestival

I'm pretty sure its just Envy you don't like, unless you have some beef with Fata and Bone.

I know this is a super late quote but I suppose you are right but when I see the name cloud 9. I associate it with EE. Just kinda like Romo and the cowboys and I think demarco murray is a fantastic player that deserves to be on a better team

Tieske

Neo Member
I actually dislike Fata almost as much as I dislike EE, mostly because of his and 7ucking mad's constant bullshit together at Sigma.

I only really remember R3MAKE but Fata seems like an okay dude, a less clowny version of PLD

Envys just weird though, can't bring myself to like him either

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
C9 did pretty good in the end, held their own. Lets see if they can shape up in the coming months, but top 6 is still pretty good.

Secret's got a hard road for them. First BG, and if they beat them they have to face both EG and VG to win the whole thing.

What happened to JoinDota anyway? I haven't heard Toby cast since the last International.

They don't cast on twitch a lot

They cast the MLG league which is on MLG they also do the D2CL which is on Dailymotion.

Meant to cast WePlay as well but that's been delayed several times

C9 did pretty good in the end, held their own. Lets see if they can shape up in the coming months, but top 6 is still pretty good.

Secret's got a hard road for them. First BG, and if they beat them they have to face both EG and VG to win the whole thing.

Yea I definitely do not envy Secret's path to the Grand Finals. I expect them to finish 3rd or 4th now. I'm not convinced they'll beat Big God right now, and for damn sure am not convinced they'll beat EG or VG. As we've seen, there's a difference between winning a Bo1 and winning a Bo3 where teams can make adjustments as needed over the course of a series. If they can beat all 3 of those teams on the way to a championship trophy, they will have done something really special here.

Them losing to any of those teams doesn't make them any less impressive. That's a gauntlet nobody should be able to survive.

What happened to JoinDota anyway? I haven't heard Toby cast since the last International.

They have the MLG contract and just hired blitz and pingee who is russian.

Tobi/Joindota being arrogant and demanding to only cast certain games when they are suppose to cover all the games lost them some contracts.

They seem to do a lot of non twitch streams which also hurts them. They are doing MLG on mlg's streaming service and Dailymotion a lot.

Plus Tobi is a horrible person and I feel bad for Capitalist.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel Tobi has burned a lot of bridges over the years, so big tournaments aren't hiring JoinDota anymore. The Joindota leagues are mostly amateur contests that don't get many viewers, and D2CL being on Dailymotion causes it to have pretty low numbers. They also for some reason don't want to do a Defense 5.

All in all, I think its a combination of Tobi being a Diva, and mismanagement from JoinDota Staff that has caused BTS to gain a huge market share in the English casting scene.

shira

Game 2, Envy type "8-0". (most likely for his Jugg).

Then ended up losing.

Funny how notail only plays on teams that choke, Sad, I guess he will never win anything.

I feel Tobi has burned a lot of bridges over the years, so big tournaments aren't hiring JoinDota anymore. The Joindota leagues are mostly amateur contests that don't get many viewers, and D2CL being on Dailymotion causes it to have pretty low numbers. They also for some reason don't want to do a Defense 5.

All in all, I think its a combination of Tobi being a Diva, and mismanagement from JoinDota Staff that has caused BTS to gain a huge market share in the English casting scene.

C9 ain't playing in MLG, might as well pour it on.

It's not including tournament winnings as EG probably takes it all.

In my high school there were no kids making ~8k a month as sophmores. We had a couple of hockey players, but goddamn that kid is going to be drowning in groupies.

aeolist

Banned
listening to this aui_2000 interview and now i think envy is a complete asshole in addition to being a weeaboo loser

srsly fuck that guy

Acinixys

have you ever heard the expression lame as ....

I get this reference

Tobi/Joindota being arrogant and demanding to only cast certain games when they are suppose to cover all the games lost them some contracts.

They seem to do a lot of non twitch streams which also hurts them. They are doing MLG on mlg's streaming service and Dailymotion a lot.

Dailymotion can go suck a fat dick.

Plus I feel bad for Blitz. He seems like such a awesome dude, and I really enjoy his casts

shira

listening to this aui_2000 interview and now i think envy is a complete asshole in addition to being a weeaboo loser

srsly fuck that guy

It seems like AUI doesn't give a fuck, it's part of the scene - getting kicked and what not. Jack or GGA is making sure he's got money.

In all honesty for a few minutes of grief, he's in a much better situtation. I assume his skype call to EG lasted 3.22s before they hired him.

aeolist

Banned
It seems like AUI doesn't give a fuck, it's part of the scene - getting kicked and what not. Jack or GGA is making sure he's got money.

In all honesty for a few minutes of grief, he's in a much better situtation. I assume his skype call to EG lasted 3.22s before they hired him.

getting kicked is part of the scene but the way it happened was bad and even envy admits it. aui came out far better but pieliedie got royally fucked and it shouldn't have happened that way no matter what.

srsly fuck that guy

He'll do literally anything to win, which to some extent is admirable, but he goes way too far with it. He also has no idea how to act like a decent human being and would probably not act like one even if he did know how to. Being of the opinion that 2 of your teammates do not fit anymore is whatever, but you don't treat them that way after playing together for so long.

No, scratch that, you don't treat anyone that way.

shira

getting kicked is part of the scene but the way it happened was bad and even envy admits it. aui came out far better but pieliedie got royally fucked and it shouldn't have happened that way no matter what.

Why? C9 is still honoring his contract and he's free to make his own team - which Jack said he would sponsor.

If you can't produce results, why would you play on top tier teams?

zXhab14.png

Confirmed sumail probbaly makes more than you

Amazon monie$

I doubt C9 is paying that much, AUI just got kicked from a cloud into a pot of gold.

If I remember correctly, in that Canadian TV feature Aui says he makes 6 figures, and I assume almost all of that comes from his salary since I don't think he's one of those donation streamers. I assume EG is still paying him a ton, though, since I don't think they have a lot of options for good North American support players.

shira

If I remember correctly, in that Canadian TV feature Aui says he makes 6 figures, and I assume almost all of that comes from his salary since I don't think he's one of those donation streamers. I assume EG is still paying him a ton, though, since I don't think they have a lot of options for good North American support players.

Yeah he got like 77k from TI4

Why? C9 is still honoring his contract and he's free to make his own team - which Jack said he would sponsor.

He'll do literally anything to win, which to some extent is admirable, but he goes way too far with it. He also has no idea how to act like a decent human being and would probably not act like one even if he did know how to. Being of the opinion that 2 of your teammates do not fit anymore is whatever, but you don't treat them that way after playing together for so long.

No, scratch that, you don't treat anyone that way.

If you listen to both interviews it sounds like EE thought he was clearly giving AUI and pie ultimatums about stuff they need to change. They changed for a bit then back to probelms

And then aui says it was a complete surprise.

So he might be diva-ish in that way and subtle hints he thinks are clear as day, go unnoticed. Dude has communication issues.

JC Sera

Yeah I agree, hopefully we'll get more Cap from the next ESL :)
He is Australian.
Sadly yeah. This country can be pretty fucking racist and cause its not directly related to a history of slavery, people think its a-ok. Bleh.

aeolist

Banned

envy knew he was kicking them but waited until the very last second to tell them and didn't give any indication that it was going to happen, which meant they had no time at all to try and get on another team. aui got unbelievably lucky, pld was screwed.

i'm not saying they should have stayed (tho c9 sucking wasn't aui's fault by a long goddamn shot) but envy screwed over his teammates badly when it could have been easily avoided.

If you listen to both interviews it sounds like EE thought he was clearly giving AUI and pie ultimatums about stuff they need to change. They changed for a bit then back to probelms

So he might be diva-ish in that way.

i don't trust envy's word when it comes to anything involving interpersonal communications. not saying it's a bad thing but he seriously seems autistic and probably has no understanding of other people's state of mind, much less how he comes across.

So he might be diva-ish in that way.

That sounds like EE wasn't being clear to them that it was an ultimatum or that they would get kicked if they didn't improve, I can't imagine Aui would lie about that. It's fair that they got kicked, but they didn't deserve to get kicked this way.

aeolist

Banned
and just generally c9's weakness since forever has been strategy and play-calling, which is on the captain (envy). aui has been one of the stronger and more consistent members of the team, so kicking him and keeping ee/bone7 who are typically the throw factors in their games is just stupid.

JC Sera

Also as for Aui not giving a fuck, he didn't seem to care that much about himself but he did seem pretty upset on Pieliedie's behalf

Yeah he got like 77k from TI4

So he might be diva-ish in that way and subtle hints he thinks are clear as day, go unnoticed. Dude has communication issues.

Telling someone they're kicked with 5 lines of a skype chat and then logging off before they can respond is a really shitty way of going about it. It's really inconsiderate of the fact that it's a really big deal for someone else just because you don't want to deal with it, and basically forcing your manager to make everything right.

EE interpreting Aui giving him Notail's contact info as some sort of secret message that he's ready to leave the team was a bit of a reach too, since Aui just said that Notail asked him for C9's contact info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom