• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMAO WHERE ARE THE TEAM SNAKE...I MEAN SECRET FAN STRAIGHTS AT?

STILL CANT WIN A LAN
Team Snake? I'd be down for a gimmick MGS team.

plz balance patch next week that kills:

- Axe
- Troll
- Jugg
- Radiant advantage
- Turtling
- Buyback orgies
- rubberbanding (which is partly why turtling is so good)

Black gonna have nasty mesaage when he opens skype.

I mean....idk. Outside of arguably the SF game, none of those stomps were Black's fault. He's not the drafter, and he didn't feed. True he didn't make many plays either, but yea. Generally speaking, I feel like he was among the least of their problems. Easy to scapegoat Black, but Super didn't give them shit. Supports were fairly shit too.

If Black's team gave him the kind of space FEAR got, Black will carry.

Rubberbanding ain't super broken by any means but it encourages turtling line ups a lot. I feel like a middle ground between TI4 and DAC mechanics would hit the sweep spot. Just reduce the gold swings by a tad.

Also yeah, I expect the jungle layout of the game to change a bit in 6.84. Not sure if they're gonna worsen Radiant's jungle or improve Dire's side or both though.

Eh, the rubberbanding is completely fine by now imo. It's hardly even that much more than it used to be before the initial buffs, after which, despite the many subsequent nerfs, people act like every death is only worthwhile due to those changed mechanics.

"Oh look at that lvl1 Lion killing a lvl25 Medusa. FUCKING RIDICULOUS HOW HE GETS GOLD AND XP FOR THIS. LOL BROKEN MECHANIC CHANGES LOL!"

Just think about how lucky it is for EG to lose a player of the calibre of Zai and being able to instantly replace him with someone as good as Aui (who has a similar hero pool to Zai). C9 really did EG a solid there.

Rubberbanding ain't super broken by any means but it encourages turtling line ups a lot. I feel like a middle ground between TI4 and DAC mechanics would hit the sweep spot. Just reduce the gold swings by a tad.

Also yeah, I expect the junglr layout of the game to change a bit in 6.84.

I don't think teams draft with the intention of turtling. They just lose all their lanes and jungle and get sieged. The only teams that were able to successfully base turtle in the entire tournament were teams based around Medusa. C9 lost to BG's Dusa because they got fucking outplayed and itemized like morons.

I think the turtling is fine; pushing teams need to remain calm with their advantage and remember what items are good for sieging and buy those before pushing T3's. necros, mantas, mek's, bkb's, pipes, urns. They need to remember they have 3 lanes and 2 jungles they can farm and get everyone fed so long as they ward properly.

Also Troll is fine. he had an awful win rate at DAC. Axe...they're gonna nerf him a bit. Probably increase mana costs for call at lower levels or something. He definitely felt a bit too strong.

Best storyline has to be Aui winning after getting kicked from C9. Congrats to EG.

nah. storyline is going to be PPD outdrafting the shit out of everyone when it mattered, a 15 year-old kid carrying his team of grown-ass men to a million dollar payday, and old man FEAR winning TI-caliber money. Not that he's struggling anymore, but people want to see him win. Aui did outplay VG supports super-hard, tho. That is a fact. Dunno if Zai makes those same plays. His black holes were the thing of legend.

Eh, the rubberbanding is completely fine by now imo. It's hardly even that much more than it used to be before the initial buffs, after which, despite the many subsequent nerfs, people act like every death is only worthwhile due to those changed mechanics.

"Oh look at that lvl1 Lion killing a lvl25 Medusa. FUCKING RIDICULOUS HOW HE GETS GOLD AND XP FOR THIS. LOL BROKEN MECHANIC CHANGES LOL!"

Tbf the XP rubberband is still pretty extreme, don't think that was nerfed too much.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
How can yall say turtling is the best strat when eg just plays some of the most aggressive dota ever and takes 3 games pretty damn quick?

Hell, chinese teams are usually the ones that love to pick late game oriented line-ups that are all based on defending high ground, and look how that worked out. Secret 15-0'd the group stages by playing a strat that revolved around completely controlling the map, just strangling the enemy team by taking over their jungle and t1's/t2's very early, and then finishing off the game with one surgical push at 25/30 mins.

BUT DA TURTLE
also gotdamn fkn s-god some of the most impressive mid play ive seen most players would have completely collapsed and tilted after a 0-5 start in the first 5 mins

6.84 wishlist:
*fix radiant adv.
*buff completely ignored heroes
*very very few nerfs

In retrospect, 6.83 is basically the ideal version dota in my eyes, pretty much all heroes viable, no clear 100% p/b heroes--sf came the closest and he lost a lot of goddam games as people figured him out and exploited his weaknesses. All strats can be effective: we've seen split-push, deathball, all out push, and 4-protect-1 all succeed at this tournament. Now all we need is more even map balance and some buffs to get guys like alchemist/huskar/tuskar/ck/sven recognized.

manfestival

just had to wake up to take an emergency poop in the middle of the night dump and I see EG 3-0 this piece

GG!!!
sufail and the princess were able to help the giraffe, the old man, and salt mine to get to number 1!

Tieske

Neo Member
Now DAC is over, next thing coming up.. this wyvern hero seems pretty strong with what is seemingly an 800 range black hole/reverse call

cant we just get pitlord :(

Goldmund

Well-deserved victory. I'm not exactly a fan of some of the personalities on EG (be they sincere or put-on) but they were playing the best Dota I've seen since Star Ladder 9 DK. Outstanding performances, especially by Sumail. Clap-clap.

G.ZZZ

plz balance patch next week that kills:

- Axe
- Troll
- Jugg
- Radiant advantage
- Turtling
- Buyback orgies
- rubberbanding (which is partly why turtling is so good)

Jugg sucks, and troll is good but apparently sucks shit in comps too. Axe is too good vs melee cores, then his WR% tanked when ppl started to pick ranged cores, he'll get a simbolic -1 str nerf if anything.

I wanted a buyback remake for the longest while, my idea was to make aegis buyable, with more or less the same rules as current buyback but : using down a slot so it's slightly less good lategame, and making you respawn on the spot, making it much better offensively while now it's more of a defensive option. Something like a : buy aegis (gold depend on minute) last 6 minutes , give you respawn, but you don't gain unreliable gold while you got it. An item to basically go YOLO and fuck farming. It should have a rescaled gold cost to avoid being too good early on obviously (buyback don't cost shit now early, but it's balanced because of short respawns + can't rejoin a fight easily without bots or don't need to defend ur base that early).

Turtling isn't too good, but i'd like a slightly less good HG advantage, something like MKB giving true strike on buildings again.

Rubberbanding is ok, it has given us the best games in a long time where before it was a lot more "ok this team is gonna win but we need to wait 20 more mins".

Radiant advantage is a direct byproduct of the dire offlane sucking fucking dicks and radiant safelane having easy triple pulls. Fix that shit.

EDIT: also since we're here for some interesting buffs:

Huskar : this hero is retardedly good unless counterpicked. Icefraud can make it even stronger, making it cancer in pubs, or give it a slightly more balanced strenght. I suggest buff his ulti so that he is less vulnerable to cc: CD from 12 to 12/9/6 (*3), so that he can disjoints stuns and shit more lategame where he just get kited or just nuked down by pure damage shit.

Tusk : this hero feel so clumsy to play, especially his snowball which was his signature skill is so awkward. Make Snowball work like this: press W to charge,right click on enemy hero to release. The longer you charge (up to 3 secs), the more the grabbing AoE (grabbing allies) of the ball increase. Make the ulti similar, give it a small channeling time (like 1 sec), then right click on enemy hero to release (if you don't hit in this time ulti is wasted). You gain an extra 0.1 secs stun and 10% crit for each 0.1 secs channeled (nerf base numbers mb). This way the punch will be an-after setup KO-punch and will feel super-satifsying to land that max channel KO-punch.

DK : make his breath fire get additional effects in dragon form. Acid breath apply the acid dot on everything, fire breath dot and increase the AoE and ice breath dot, increased AoE and slow. Aghs for permanent dragon form, he's now super legit midder/lategamer.

Bounty : make track permanent but make it give vision to you only if you're in 1k (1.5, 2k ) range (bonus bounty still work). Casting another track change the target (you can only track 1 person at a time). Give it like 2 mins cd. Basically, choose an enemy hero and put a bounty on him for all game long, not for 30 secs. Make the skill more about chasing a bounty down, not spam vision-skills and mass gold.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Sad I fell asleep during game 2. I could feel the magic happening. Universe was playing out of his damned mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom