• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Really really proud and happy for aui and the rest of team EG. It's true I am a secret fanstraight but holy shit do I respect good dota when I see it.

Geebus those drafts by PPD.

dsrW17y.jpg

Is this supposed to be from Valve or something? appears to be a fan trailer to me. Or did this play at the end of DAC And people captured it on their computer?

It looks like they just had a quick thing made with Source Filmmaker, and nothing especially fancy. If you're as much of an ...enthusiast of SFM works as I am it probably looks sort of unofficial.

Quesa

How do you draft against EG they just seem like a pick your poison thing all their players are so versatile and other things I predict they will never ever be defeated by anyone

I literally changed one letter

called it

did i do it right

TUSR

Banned
That it's weird they'd show Year Beast if they weren't making a game mode, and explicitly saying he's playable. He might be a new hero, the only indication otherwise is that he's huge and there's already 5 people on the team in the trailer.
Year Beast was part of last years New Bloom...

Playable?

Which is what I was saying. Is he our first Dota 2 original hero? They don't want to make a new game mode, and they won't re-use last year's, so we're left with questions on what exactly Year Beast is going to do this year.

He also seemed smaller in the trailer.

To be fair, there's no guaranty that its playable. The trailer says "tame" which seems open for interpenetration.

Other than Winter Wyvern and the CM Arcana, the entire trailer is open for interpretation :p

Also AA either had cosmetics on or was remade. Or just a graphical glitch...

Zeknurn

Which is what I was saying. Is he our first Dota 2 original hero? They don't want to make a new game mode, and they won't re-use last year's, so we're left with questions on what exactly Year Beast is going to do this year.

He also seemed smaller in the trailer.

They are going to add Year Beast to the normal map in his own den at the opposite end of the river to Roshan. He's going to be more far more difficult to defeat than Roshan but when you do, you tame him and he fights alongside you.

They will call him Baron Nashor.

Manus

Man DAC brought on some of the best pro Dota in a long while. I almost don't want much balance changes since it's been so good.

Acinixys

That it's weird they'd show Year Beast if they weren't making a game mode, and explicitly saying he's playable. He might be a new hero, the only indication otherwise is that he's huge and there's already 5 people on the team in the trailer.

Maybe Year Beast will be added as a new hero (doubtful), or there will be a cool mode where 3 + players pick heros and someone plays as the Year Beast

Like Evolve but in the Dota engine

Radec

I hope they don't nerf famous DAC heroes and instead buff everyone else.

- -

Everytime I watch bulldong, the game is in super late game and a close one. wtf

manfestival

this video is so beautiful. im happy for EG. Their current state of dota is a thing of beauty

PPD really drafted beyond my realm of comprehension throughout this tournament. I understood his decisions but never would have made them myself because im a scrub.
It is also a pleasure to watch old man fear making the big plays. Also those man INT team drafts I saw throughout the tournament really threw me in for a loop. I think one team went all INT

Man DAC brought on some of the best pro Dota in a long while. I almost don't want much balance changes since it's been so good.

After TI4 turning into a festival of Death Prophet, Razor, Venomancer and Prophet death balls ending games in 15 minutes, I'm happy with how the game is playing now as well. The finals of TI4 were dumb.

jokkir

I lost 12 of the 15 games I've played recently :\

Also, the people who say they're going to report me are hilarious when they're complaining all game to everyone how bad they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom