• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
That chrono
surprise.gif

Quesa

If you see this post while scrolling you have been visited by the spectre of valve communication

Valve will continue to update you on their plans for dota when necessary

BUT ONLY IF you comment "thank mr gaben" on this post

harSon

Banned
Really.... Lag detected, the game is safe to leave, no stats will be recorded - like 10 minutes into the damn game?

does anybody here stan qop

i need to learn a mid and im interested in her so i could use some tips

I don't stan her but:

1.) You'll usually take your first point in Q because it's a good early harassment tool. You usually won't max it until last unless you have a very good reason to do so. 90% of the time, it's your first point and you won't look at it again until very late.

2.)
Max your E first.

3.) Get your Blink as your 3rd point and max it second.

4.) Get used to how low a wave of creeps has to be before you can clear the whole wave with one E. I think it's around half health on the melee creeps and maybe 1 hit on the range creeps. It's essential because it's your best farming ability. So spend time with it until you're clear.

5.) You'll want to learn to pick and choose when you blink in. After all, you're pretty squishy at all levels. Blink into some cc and you might not get a chance to blink back out. This will be the most difficult part. Learning when to go in and when to wait.

6.) Get used to the distance your blink will take you so that you can best judge how close you need to be to blink into the position you want to be in when you decide to jump into a fight.

7.) Gank! QoP is not an AFK mid. Get a bottle first and always be prepared to use your blink to get to runes first. The best lanes to gank are lanes that are pushed half way or more to a friendly tower or where the enemy is around 50% HP so you can dive. Always be careful of lanes with heavy CC. You want to snowball on QoP, so get active as early as possible. Don't feel like you need to wait until level 6. 2 points in 1-1-3-0 @ level 5 can do a lot of work in lanes depending on what kind of comp your team has.

8.) ...but don't get gank-happy. Like all snowball heroes, it's easy to fall prey to "Riki Syndrome". That is, you get so preoccupied with killing heroes that you forget you need to farm. Then at 30 minutes you realize you only have an Orchid, Treads and a Bottle to show for yourself and you suddenly wonder where the time went and that you only have 90cs @ 30 minutes. Don't do that. Any second you're not TPing to a lane to gank or some such you should be wave clearing with ease with your E. Think about ganks when the opportunity presents, but play with your mind squarely on finishing your next big item.

9.) Watch replays from the masters of the hero. These folks (http://www.dotabuff.com/players/104292809, http://www.dotabuff.com/players/65008838, http://www.dotabuff.com/players/90045009) are pretty good people to watch the replays of.

10.) Build her how you want to. Orchid is probably the most common first major item, but you can build her for right-click with desolator and/or MKB...or for disable with orchid and hex. Most people don't build Aghs on her anymore so you should probably skip that. But whether your team needs more cc or more auto-attack damage, she's a flexible enough hero to be built either way.

worth mentioning that with some levels qop is one of the best flash farmers in the game. Aghs + Shivas = literally everything but ancients and rosh are at your mercy. Merlini has some qop games where he applies pressure all over like a tinker while constantly clearing the enemy jungle. It's the best way to stay relevant in the later stages imo. Wish I could find those vods but it was a while ago.

I am genuinely concerned about how Dota has impacted my enjoyment of other games. Since I dove back into it heavily this year, I've bought several AAA titles and just can't bring myself to enjoy them or play them for any significant amount of time. I'd just rather be playing Dota than anything else. I didn't buy anything during the Steam autumn sale despite having a decent chunk of change in my Steam wallet waiting to be spent. Every time I think about buying or playing another game, I just stop and think, "Would I enjoy playing this more than Dota? Would I rather have the money to spend on Dota items?"

what is even happening

Kard8p3

I am genuinely concerned about how Dota has impacted my enjoyment of other games. Since I dove back into it heavily this year, I've bought several AAA titles and just can't bring myself to enjoy them or play them for any significant amount of time. I'd just rather be playing Dota than anything else. I didn't buy anything during the Steam autumn sale despite having a decent chunk of change in my Steam wallet waiting to be spent. Every time I think about buying or playing another game, I just stop and think, "Would I enjoy playing this more than Dota? Would I rather have the money to spend on Dota items?"

what is even happening

Yo I feel u.

but then I started playing WoW like last Monday and today has been the first time I've played DOTA since, hadn't even thought of it minus The Summit.

Feels good.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I just had an almost 2 hour match and lost as Void. I can't remember the last time I have been so salty. This game is bad for my health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom