• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

RPGCrazied

God, I hate
Evrae
. One of the hardest bosses in the game. Up to this point they have been all easy. I always remember getting stuck on him for awhile. Have no problem getting him under 10k,
then he uses haste and that swoop attack.
Ugh.

I don't think Tidus's running looks that weird.

I'm mostly thinking of the "running" that happens in cutscenes, where people just glide around really awkwardly. When I saw that scene at the Kilika temple where everyone ran up the steps, I thought the game was glitching because of how bad it looked. The improved visuals make the poor animations stand out.

ramyeon

God, I hate
Evrae
. One of the hardest bosses in the game. Up to this point they have been all easy. I always remember getting stuck on him for awhile. Have no problem getting him under 10k,
Ugh.
Really easy if you take him on the right way. I always use Power Break on him right off the bat to bring down his physical attacks, then pull away as soon as possible. From there just use Wakka and magic to attack him, he won't swoop in until he's low on HP. The missiles from the airship will fire 3 times and they help a lot too. By the time he starts swooping in and attacking you he should be near dead, then just use any overdrives you might have or your strongest attackers.

Also Rikku and her Al Bhed potions are a godsend in this fight, especially during that last section. Heals 1000HP to everyone and rids that poison ailment he gets on you from his Poison Breath, although you shouldn't be seeing much of it if you pulled away for the first part of the fight.

OmegaDL50

God, I hate
Evrae
Ugh.

Did you try casting dispel to remove the positive status. That should work.

RPGCrazied

Really easy if you take him on the right way. I always use Power Break on him right off the bat to bring down his physical attacks, then pull away as soon as possible. From there just use Wakka and magic to attack him, he won't swoop in until he's low on HP. The missiles from the airship will fire 3 times and they help a lot too. By the time he starts swooping in and attacking you he should be near dead, then just use any overdrives you might have or your strongest attackers.

Also Rikku and her Al Bhed potions are a godsend in this fight, especially during that last section. Heals 1000HP to everyone and rids that poison ailment he gets on you from his Poison Breath, although you shouldn't be seeing much of it if you pulled away for the first part of the fight.

Yeah, mainly its his poison breath that wipes the floor with me. Thanks for the tip though. Been such a long time since I've played this game. lol

Atlantis

God, I hate
Evrae
Ugh.

She's vulnerable to Slow (Before she casts Haste) and Blind. Setting up Cheer before she casts Haste will help you survive and kill her before she overwhelms you.

That's a Riku thing, right? I believe I have some of those. Don't really use Riku though. lol

Al Bhed potions heal the entire party while also curing the Petrification and Poison status the boss likes to inflict.

Does anyone else enjoy quickly tapping Circle as Tidus runs around? Completely breaks the running animation and it makes it look like he's essentially sliding.

Just got to the desert. I've played a lot today, this morning I was saved outside of Djose Temple which I completed yesterday.

ramyeon

Probably gonna hold off on trying to beat that Remiem Chocobo race again. The trophy is enough I suppose. Are the Three Stars really useful?

Atlantis

Probably gonna hold off on trying to beat that Remiem Chocobo race again. The trophy is enough I suppose. Are the Three Stars really useful?

Winning them gives you three chances to customize One MP Cost to weapons. Really good for Lulu's Magic Booster weapon from Wantz and few weapons from the post-Airship Djose shop.

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member
Well, took the time and actually went back to get all the Jecht Spheres. Glad I did it now and also grabbed
Valefor's second overdrive
before a dark aeon screws me out of both of them later.

I thought it'd be awful, but you know it was actually kind of peaceful just running back through all the stuff you've already done and enjoying the world for what it is (especially the super early ares). It's also interesting to see how much Spira has changed in such a short time. What an incredible game.

MrDenny

No, he will always cast Haste on himself again if you get rid of it. And if you haste your own party he'll cast Slow on you all.
I cast haste on four of my party members, he never used slow on me.
When I dispelled his haste he never casts haste again.
If you cast slow on him, he'll stay slow until he casts haste on himself around the 16k mark.
If you just dispel it, he should be at regular speed.
If you cast slow on him after the halfway mark, he'll just recast haste.

ramyeon

Wait too long and you might as well get Nirvana and Onion Knight. :p
Just did it, I meant later as in real time wise since I was a bit sick of it :p but I decided to give it another shot after posting, wasn't too bad after I got the hang of it.
I cast haste on four of my party members, he never used slow on me.
When I dispelled his haste he never casts haste again.
If you cast slow on him, he'll stay slow until he casts haste on himself around the 16k mark.
If you just dispel it, he should be at regular speed.
If you cast slow on him after the halfway mark, he'll just recast haste.
In my experience he never uses Haste until around the halfway mark, period. Up until then yes, you can Slow him or Haste your party (Not sure on the latter). But after that point any of those things will cause him to Haste himself or slow your party.

Flandy

When is the earliest you can get a no encounter equipment? Would rather not have to fight everything when I backtrack to besaid for the Jecht Sphere and Al bhed primer I missed.

ramyeon

When is the earliest you can get a no encounter equipment? Would rather not have to fight everything when I backtrack to besaid for the Jecht Sphere and Al bhed primer I missed.
I think Bevelle is the earliest possible, but by then it's too late to backtrack on foot anyway.

Atlantis

I believe the earliest possible is getting a No Encounters armor to drop off a Ghost in The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. Unfortunately it's too late to backtrack to Besaid at that point.

Flandy

I believe the earliest possible is getting a No Encounters armor to drop off a Ghost in The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. Unfortunately it's too late to backtrack to Besaid at that point.
When do I go back for it then? I though it was after bevelle :/

Emitan

13343389965_ae27be20duoutw.jpg

ramyeon

You can steal Purifying Salts off the monks on the Bevelle Highbridge for it too, but it's a rare steal.

Squire

Banned
Made the mistake of not getting the Yellow armors off O'aka. Went back and he was gone.

Guess I'll have to watch all the Guadosalam story bits again.

Roto13

I'm not even going to try the chocobo race. Or the lighting bolt thing. Or blitzball.

Maybe the butterfly thing, since I seem to remember not having *too* much trouble with that.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've tried googling. Can I simply plug my vita into my PS3 to transfer saves for this game back-and-forth? I only ask because I've never been able to get them to connect properly, and I want to make sure it'll work before I put any effort into getting them setup. I'd use the Sony Network if I could, but my PS3 is a pain to get networked.

I can probably do the chocobo race again.
If it goes anything like my last playthrough, I'm going to bang my head against a wall for a solid hour, give up, try again the next day, and get it on the first try.

Levyne

Banned
Just did the dodging myself (with no encounters). Apparantly the trick is to watch tv while doingit..I had gotten to 100 twice and around 190 before turning on some tv and just zoning out. Then I lost count, got hit, prayed I had> 200 and then I did :D

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member
Man, I have a calc 2 test coming up this week and I can't peel myself away from this. Even after all the times I've played this game, I can't manage to do it. I'm having too much fun.

XJF

omgggggggg the input lag while lightning dodging

what the FUCK

This is not worth doing in the hd version without enc-none.

The crater in the southern part wedges in some predictability into the dodging, which should negate the effect of the input lag
Did this challenge today. Wasn't bad. Only takes about 10 minutes with Enc-None, but it's a pretty tense 10 minutes. Everyone was asking me why the hell I was counting out loud while playing my Vita lol

Once you go through
Mt. Gagazet to Zanarkand
you can backtrack through before
the airship
right? I need money for Yojimbo and I don't feel like just grinding 50k gil at the entrance of the mountain.

Top Bottom