• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Are you playing No Sphere Grid though? Yes, Rikku not being constantly killed can depend on luck, but I doubt your Rikku has 400 HP. (Not to mention you're not completely dependent on her like a NSG party)

Yeah, my Rikku is like 2000. I guess I can give it a shot using the strategy. I am rushing through the game and the grinding for Seymour 2 was not hard since Bahamut took care of the robots easy. I know the exploits of the other bosses though and it will be easy since I have Reflect. However, I am going to try to get Hastaga since it will come in handy.

Hollycat

Yeah, my Rikku is like 2000. I guess I can give it a shot using the strategy. I am rushing through the game and the grinding for Seymour 2 was not hard since Bahamut took care of the robots easy. I know the exploits of the other bosses though and it will be easy since I have Reflect. However, I am going to try to get Hastaga since it will come in handy.

Give both Rikku and Tidus Hastega to completely destroy any semblance of balance the game had.

Hollycat

Rikku gets a better version of Hastega as early as Bikanel.

?

Edit: another neat thing to do is to put Rikku on Tidus's track after her grid is finished. By the time you finish both, she'll basically act like she's hasted all the time, and you'll still be able to use haste. To then turn her into the Murdercorn, put her on Wakka's Grid. If she finishes the three of those, she will be basically the flash with (tiny) boobs, and punches that rip holes in the universe!

Atlantis

You can (and will) run out of those. You won't run out of hastega.

You are gifted 99 of them for Unlocking Cactuar King and can get 60 at a time through bribing. Sure, that's pretty endgame, but before than you're going to spending one or maybe two only during boss fights.

Regardless, the point is that multiple characters with Hastega doesn't really have much effect on game balance. :p

Hollycat

You are gifted 99 of them for Unlocking Cactuar King and can get 60 at a time through bribing. Sure, that's pretty endgame, but before than you're going to spending one or maybe two only during boss fights.

Regardless, the point is that multiple characters with Hastega doesn't really have much effect on game balance. :p

I found that it did when I got to the last bosses, specifically
Yunalesca
. being able to switch parties quickly and get them sped up is great for grinding and fighting.

Roto13

I did not mean the origin, but how Yuna and Rikku met her. It is still vague in the PS2 version of X-2.

The part right before Seymour 3. I am not strong enough to face him and I do not want to grind. Simple as that.

The fights in that part of the game are a matter of strategy (and a bit of trial and error), not grinding. You can beat that boss by poisoning him and then just blocking and healing until he's dead if you want.

kadotsu

Banned
BHPL, Auto Haste, Auto Regen, Ribbon/Auto-Protect/Auto-Shell?

Bah, if only there were 5 or 6 slots :p

Don't waste a slot on BHPL. No Mega Potion but X-Potion and Auto-Potion and 5 stacked Cheers at all 255 stats is enough to beat any DA or Penance.

Levyne

Banned
Don't waste a slot on BHPL. No Mega Potion but X-Potion and Auto-Potion and 5 stacked Cheers at all 255 stats is enough to beat any DA or Penance.

II'm just wondering about the "complete the sphere grid" trophies. I imagined something needed to be active in each slot, so might as well bump up hp was my mindset.

Unless it means to "highlight" all the pathways.

Hollycat

II'm just wondering about the "complete the sphere grid" trophies. I imagined something needed to be active in each slot, so might as well bump up hp was my mindset.

Unless it means to "highlight" all the pathways.

I'm actually curious about this too, I've almost completed the grid for both wakka and rikku, and I've completed everyone but Auron's individual grids and I still haven't unlocked either of the Grid completion trophies.

OmegaDL50

I swear Confuse is the worst fucking status ailment in the game.

Those damn Spirits with their Poison Mist attack in the
Omega Ruins

Auto-Hasted Auron proceeded to kill both Tidus and Wakka and then performed Harakiri. Bah, I need Musks to make confuse proof armor.

Levyne

Banned
I really doubt this is the case, but I hope standard/expert isn't a factor for those. Just hard to Google on my phone for those with the jpn version for answers.

who would you guys recommend for the best blitzball team? I been doing some searching and came across this team

FW: Tidus
FW: Wedge (guard outside stadium)
MF: Zev Ronso (the screen to the right of the stadium)
DF: Zalitz (on the way to Luca Theater)
DF: Ropp (at the Mi'hen travel agency)
GF: Jumal (on a bench at the Luca Square)

I also read that brother is good. would this be a good team and line up or are there better than this?

This is a great low level team. Just note that Wedge is a player who actually gets worse as he levels, not better, which is why he starts so good.

The only differences between my team and yours once I replaced all the Aurochs is I have Vilucha at forward instead of Wedge and Kulukan at defense instead of Zalitz.

Silly Beasts, getting rid of your best defender after her contract runs out.

Flandy

I really doubt this is the case, but I hope standard/expert isn't a factor for those. Just hard to Google on my phone for those with the jpn version for answers.

You have to activate every single node for every single character. That means you have to fill in empty nodes and activate them too

Shahed

I'm actually curious about this too, I've almost completed the grid for both wakka and rikku, and I've completed everyone but Auron's individual grids and I still haven't unlocked either of the Grid completion trophies.

You probably have to remove every lock and highlight the path in between

That butterfly minigame is pretty easy with a map of where to go. Except for this one part on the first map that has like 4 butterflies all grouped together and it's pure luck if you make it through unscathed. I actually got caught by one and still got the chest with 0.1 seconds left!

Also I tried lightning dodging and got up to 92. It manages to be a rare combination of both incredibly intense and incredibly boring.

Tonight I'll probably screw around with Blitzball for the first time since the Goers match using the teams some of you guys have suggested here. Is there any advantage of just leveling my guys by passing behind the net or should I just go for straight victory to start off?

Atlantis

I swear Confuse is the worst fucking status ailment in the game.

Those damn Spirits with their Poison Mist attack in the
Omega Ruins

Auto-Hasted Auron proceeded to kill both Tidus and Wakka and then performed Harakiri. Bah, I need Musks to make confuse proof armor.

Provoke them.

Dammit. That ending still got me going after all these years. Far from finished with the game but I wanted to get through that end. This game holds up so well whenIit wants to tug at your heart strings

ubercheez

This is a great low level team. Just note that Wedge is a player who actually gets worse as he levels, not better, which is why he starts so good.

The only differences between my team and yours once I replaced all the Aurochs is I have Vilucha at forward instead of Wedge and Kulukan at defense instead of Zalitz.

Wedge becomes progressively worse as a shooter, but his other stats grow to make him an excellent choice as a defender and even goalie later.

B.K.

I wish there was an item or ability to increase encounter rates. It seems like whenever I DO want battles for capturing monsters, it takes a minute or two to get into a battle, but when I don't want to fight, there's a battle every other step.

pariah164

I love Yuna's Thief outfit. It's so pretty. :3 And patriotic!

hPpHuz8.jpg

Aurizen

so what would be the perfect team to have in all positions?

OmegaDL50

Does anybody know lore explanations for Dark Aeons and Penance ? Any speculation even ?

Since they only appear when
Yuna is branded a traitor
because of Yevon NPCs
calling Yuna a "heathen" siccing the Dark Aeons on her and what not.
, The most logical conclusion is they are basically Yevon's hit squad, when the Dark Aeons aren't enough
to stop the heathen
, they send out Penance
to make Yevon's most dangerous enemies to pay penance for breaking their precepts.

Arthea

The Crusaders and AlBheds
joint action against sin is very powerful piece of work, really, if even it works less seeing it second time, it still works perfectly, and all these grey cardinals in action and getting results they wanted, that's even too realistic, and despair afterwards,
it's truly great and powerful this all scene, especially
massacre of chocobo knights

HeelPower

Since they only appear when
Yuna is branded a traitor
because of Yevon NPCs
calling Yuna a "heathen" siccing the Dark Aeons on her and what not.
, The most logical conclusion is they are basically Yevon's hit squad, when the Dark Aeons aren't enough
to stop the heathen
, they send out Penance
to make Yevon's most dangerous enemies to pay penance for breaking their precepts.

Oh nice explanation.

Is them being so powerful relevant or just an in-game challenge thing ?
In the game penance is more powerful than sin

Top Bottom