• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Shahadan

Oh nice explanation.

Is them being so powerful relevant or just an in-game challenge thing ?
In the game penance is more powerful than sin

In case you don't know, all of those bosses were added in the International Version as a bonus challenge, so they're not really part of the game per se.

Rainy

Banned
So I have the strategy guide for getting 100% in the non-international version of X-2. Is that still usable or do you have to do new things to get 100% now?

pariah164

And then there's this GQ motherfucker.

fUmpqSP.jpg

RPGCrazied

Gosh, I really forgot how annoying
Seymor Flux
was, got to say Hastega and Protect/Shell makes it much easier. I tried a couple times without those and couldn't do it. Also, a skip cutscene option would be nice here, before the boss is like a 15 minute cutscene. lol

I finally did it though.

Prototype

2 things:

1: Really enjoying X-2, would have liked for them to take a page out of Lightning Returns and have your character wear their current dress sphere on the map. That would have been really cool.

2: How are you guys taking those pics? It looks similar to the pics you can take in LR or FF14ARR, some kind of in game function? If so, I don't know how to access it.

Flandy

So I just Beat the Spherimorph, now to backtrack or not to backtrack?

backtrack. Just put Tidus in your party and flee from every battle. Collect all dem spheres on the way back. That's what I did. Don't forget to get any Al Bhed Primers you might have missed

2: How are you guys taking those pics? It looks similar to the pics you can take in LR or FF14ARR, some kind of in game function? If so, I don't know how to access it.

I'm constantly surprised by the amount of people who don't know the Vita can take screenshots. Most of the screens posted in this thread have been from the Vita. Home Button + Start on Vita = Screenshot

pariah164

2 things:

1: Really enjoying X-2, would have liked for them to take a page out of Lightning Returns and have your character wear their current dress sphere on the map. That would have been really cool.

I'm on Vita. I press Start + the PS button to take a screencap.

OmegaDL50

Oh nice explanation.

Is them being so powerful relevant or just an in-game challenge thing ?
In the game penance is more powerful than sin

Well the only plot relevance for
Penance to be more powerful then Sin
I can think of is in the case of a Summoner
acquiring the Final Aeon
and going rogue,
much like Yu Yevon himself. I mean the Final Aeon even more powerful then Sin
. So what would Yevon do against a rogue summoner who has the power to stop Sin but doesn't use it for that purpose, I'd figure Yevon would have a tool to take care of such a threat, so that is where Penance, the anti-thesis of Sin comes along.

Also you'd figure with Yevon having such a powerful tool at their disposal that would use it to destroy Sin, right? They probably don't do this
so they can propagate their false religion
. After all the Yevon religion
is entirely on the basis that Sin exists
, and comes back after the Calm, thus people rely on the temples to acquire the power to defeat Sin, and thus Yevon
spreads the lie
that Sin exists as punishment for mankind's vanity and abuse of Machina.

I mean a rogue summoner who has the final aeon is no different then Yu Yevon himself.

RPGCrazied

backtrack. Just put Tidus in your party and flee from every battle. Collect all dem spheres on the way back. That's what I did. Don't forget to get any Al Bhed Primers you might have missed

Or get a no encounter weapon, its what I'm waiting on before I do most of the side quests.

Flandy

Or get a no encounter weapon, its what I'm waiting on before I do most of the side quests.

I don't think you can get any no encounter weapons that early on. He needs to backtrack immediately or the paths will get blocked if he goes any further in the story

I didn't backtrack last time, kinda interested how long it takes. Post after, please, if you'll decide to backtrack
Took my like 30 or 40 minutes to get to Besaid from the woods. I watched all the spheres on the way there so it was a bit shorter coming back

Flandy

That's way faster than I thought, I might backtrack this time then.
thanks!

I put Tidus in my main party and whenever I got into a battle I just used Flee.

Should I visit the
cavern of the stolen fayth
now? Or should I just go there once I get the
airship
?

RPGCrazied

I paid him 500 gil and he did a pretty powerful move. I don't know if its his ultimate move though, he whipped out his sword/katana and killed every enemy on screen. Was pretty cool.

Hollycat

I paid him 500 gil and he did a pretty powerful move. I don't know if its his ultimate move though, he whipped out his sword/katana and killed every enemy on screen. Was pretty cool.

Did their heads pop off? If so, that was Zanmato, the most powerful attack in the game. It kills everything except sin in one hit iirc.

HeelPower

acquiring the Final Aeon
and going rogue,
. So what would Yevon do against a rogue summoner who has the power to stop Sin but doesn't use it for that purpose, I'd figure Yevon would have a tool to take care of such a threat, so that is where Penance, the anti-thesis of Sin comes along.

Also you'd figure with Yevon having such a powerful tool at their disposal that would use it to destroy Sin, right? They probably don't do this
so they can propagate their false religion
. After all the Yevon religion
is entirely on the basis that Sin exists
, and comes back after the Calm, thus people rely on the temples to acquire the power to defeat Sin, and thus Yevon
spreads the lie
that Sin exists as punishment for mankind's vanity and abuse of Machina.

I mean a rogue summoner who has the final aeon is no different then Yu Yevon himself.

yeah makes perfect sense to me as well...Was actually pondering similar ideas.
Yevon possessing a Final Aeon levels creature that can wipe any threat to their control over spira.

Thanks for discussing.Its a really interesting interpretation of the dark aeons.

CarJeter

Neo Member
Oh wow.

I never saw the cutscene when Gatta dies and was pretty shocked how it turned out :O thought he was alive and then.. *drops*

Hollycat

Wow, yeah, how did I get that for 500g? Does your luck stat have something to do with it?

it's random, but there are background factors that you can only slightly control by paying him more. IIRC it's possible to get zanmato with the very first attack for 10 gil

Erigu

acquiring the Final Aeon
and going rogue,
Not sure what that has to do with (Yu) Yevon. Guy was a very powerful summoner, and he was summoning an entire city with the help of an entire wall of Fayths. That's fairly different.
If you want an example of a summoner acquiring a Final Aeon and not using it to defeat Sin, look no further than Seymour. Anima is a Final Aeon.

Hollycat

Not sure what that has to do with (Yu) Yevon. Guy was a very powerful summoner, and he was summoning an entire city with the help of an entire wall of Fayths. That's fairly different.
If you want an example of a summoner acquiring a Final Aeon and not using it to defeat Sin, look no further than Seymour. Anima is a Final Aeon.

endgame ffx spoilers
good point. WHY doesn't anima kill seymour when summoned? Is the reason the final aeon kill the user because Yu Yevon makes it?

Hollycat

see, I missed that bit, I thought the
final aeon was supposed to attack the summoner after it kills everything else in sight.

HeelPower

Just to confirm.Tidus himself is a creation of the fayth and he existed in Yu Yevon's fake Zanarkand right ? Just to clear up the time travel confusion that people commonly have about the plot.

Auron went inside sin and got him out.

ramyeon

Just to confirm.Tidus himself is a creation of the fayth and he existed in Yu Yevon's fake Zanarkand right ? Just to clear up the time travel confusion that people commonly have about the plot.

Auron went inside sin and got him out.
Yes, but the summoned/fake Zanarkand isn't inside Sin. It's physically been summoned somewhere on the oceans of Spira.

There is no time travel, the 1000 years thing is just assumed by everyone in the plot because that's when Zanarkand was destroyed. They had no idea that Yu Yevon had gathered a shit tonne of fayth together to summon a fake version of it.

grimmiq

Getting real sick of the encounter rate on Gagazet..every 3-4 steps man..Now at a point where I just escape from every battle.

Go_Ly_Dow

Love the whole Operation Mihen segment.

Powerful stuff.

I chose to save
Gatta. Luzu is old and has a lot of regrets and Gatta dying as well would be hard to live with. The youth lives on!

Top Bottom