• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

My roommate offered to do the lightning dodging for me since it's my birthday. He had no idea what he was getting himself into.

So obviously I'm currently somewhere that is not my room since it would give me a heart attack watching.

My roommate offered to do the lightning dodging for me since it's my birthday. He had no idea what he was getting himself into.

So obviously I'm currently somewhere that is not my room since it would give me a heart attack watching.

Bet your getting a target gift card in 20mins

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Chocobo Racing.... I now hate this game, so incredibly stupidly designed. It can go in a corner and die.

4 Hours now, and the best I can get is 2.8 seconds.

RPGCrazied

Chocobo Racing.... I now hate this game, so incredibly stupidly designed. It can go in a corner and die.

4 Hours now, and the best I can get is 2.8 seconds.

The one with the balloons and birds? Took me 2 hours today getting that 0.00 time. But, i'd rather do this one over and over than some of the other sigil's.

HeelPower

Yes, but the summoned/fake Zanarkand isn't inside Sin. It's physically been summoned somewhere on the oceans of Spira.

oh didn't know this bit. Then what is it that's behind Jecht when we go to confront him inside sin ? It looked like Zanarkand.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The one with the balloons and birds? Took me 2 hours today getting that 0.00 time. But, i'd rather do this one over and over than some of the other sigil's.

Yes, there are so many ways this mini-game was badly designed i've lost count. From the bird litterly dropping right on top of you, to having no immunity time after being hit, etc etc.

Mr. RHC

I must say, I'm really happy with Final Fantasy X so far. It's clearly a quality game and this remaster was really well done.

Back a decade and a half ago, when Squaresoft was all about magic!

RPGCrazied

Yes, there are so many ways this mini-game was badly designed i've lost count. From the bird litterly dropping right on top of you, to having no immunity time after being hit, etc etc.

Just be glad the chocobo isn't wobbly, like the starting training sessions. lol

Roto13

Ugh, fucking Dark Aeons showing up and killing me when I'm trying to hunt monsters. Why can't they be hidden in temples and shit?

Suikoguy

Just be glad the chocobo isn't wobbly, like the starting training sessions. lol

To make matters worse, the balloons are completely random, to the point where oftentimes, it IS impossible to win because the way it's setup you can't get ahead of the AI at the start, and if you don't get most of the balloons from the first stretch, a win is not possible.

HeelPower

I must say, I'm really happy with Final Fantasy X so far. It's clearly a quality game and this remaster was really well done.

Back a decade and a half ago, when Squaresoft was all about magic!

The gap between this and ,say, lightning returns is really massive.Even voice acting is better!

RPGCrazied

To make matters worse, the balloons are completely random, to the point where oftentimes, it IS impossible to win because the way it's setup you can't get ahead of the AI at the start, and if you don't get most of the balloons from the first stretch, a win is not possible.

True, but I found if you don't hit the analog stick at the start for a few seconds, then go left , you can pass him and get the balloons at the start. Don't think you can get hit by than no more than 2 birds too.

Okay so twice in a row I summoned Yojimbo and he automatically Zanmoto'd twice. Maybe I'm crazy but I don't remember paying him either time, and his overdrive meter was only halfway up. This was in Mt Gagazet ruins so I doubt his compatability was high either. Hopefully I get the same luck with Dark
Valefor
(I'll face the other
aeons
legit.)

Spoilers just in case:
I like how about 75& of the game is a big flashback with Tidus explaining everything that happens up until the beginning of Zanarkand ruins. Also, I think that whole scene when they finally get there is really powerful. But it's like, "ALRIGHT, I'M DONE THE 30 HOUR INTRO, LET'S DO THIS."

Flandy

:D
13415565363_829a1bdc53_b.jpg

Suikoguy

True, but I found if you don't hit the analog stick at the start for a few seconds, then go right, you can pass him and get the balloons at the start. Don't think you can get hit by than no more than 2 birds too.

It seems as if the balloon placement determines this, as the AI tends to go after the balloons. And since they are random, you are forced to sit there and watch your character get hit by birds so you can try again. The last try, all of the baloons were on the left side, so it's impossible to get ahead.

OmegaDL50

Not sure what that has to do with (Yu) Yevon. Guy was a very powerful summoner, and he was summoning an entire city with the help of an entire wall of Fayths. That's fairly different.
If you want an example of a summoner acquiring a Final Aeon and not using it to defeat Sin, look no further than Seymour. Anima is a Final Aeon.

Yu Yevon is what is controlling Sin, basically transforming the Final Aeon into a new Sin, while the game states Sin is Jecht, his control limited. Based on Jecht's own words at the end of the game in which he only has control when he is listening on the Hymn of the Faith, otherwise it IS Yu Yevon who is control most of the time.

Sin exists
as Yu Yevon's armor
so he can endlessly continue the
summoning of Dream Zanarkand
Mika and his Yevon cronies
abuse this knowledge to keep Yevonites under his thumb to maintain the
illusion of Spira's "hope"

RPGCrazied

It seems as if the balloon placement determines this, as the AI tends to go after the balloons. And since they are random, you are forced to sit there and watch your character get hit by birds so you can try again. The last try, all of the baloons were on the left side, so it's impossible to get ahead.

Just stick with it. I told myself I wasn't going to continue until I do it, and eventually I did! Better do it now, before you come back and a Dark Aeon awaits. Oops, thats the crest, not Sigil.

Flandy

It seems as if the balloon placement determines this, as the AI tends to go after the balloons. And since they are random, you are forced to sit there and watch your character get hit by birds so you can try again.

It sucks how sometimes you'll get hit and another bird will freeze in place in front of you and then hit you after the stun effect wears off -__-

The invisible walls that bounce you towards the opposite direction are great fun too! So are the birds that come from off screen giving you no time to react -__-

Joqu

Is there a point when I should start messing around with Blitzball? I've been thinking of keeping it for later but maybe that's not a good idea what with Wakka's overdrives and all that?

RPGCrazied

Is there a point when I should start messing around with Blitzball? I've been thinking of keeping it for later but maybe that's not a good idea what with Wakka's overdrives and all that?

If you want Wakka's attack reels, then yes, go for it whenever you want. You can't get his best weapon until you have the celestial mirror.

Alfredo

I just got the airship and I'm doing side quests. Talked to a random NPC in the Thunder Plains, which forced me into a fight with Dark Ixion. I obviously lost. Good thing I had saved soon before that.

While hunting monsters near the Djose Highroad, I talked to some more random NPCs and the Dark Magus Sisters show up. Luckily I was able to escape without fighting them.

Man, eff these Dark Aeons. I'm never talking to an NPC again for fear of getting murdered by one...

Roto13

I just got the airship and I'm doing side quests. Talked to a random NPC in the Thunder Plains, which forced me into a fight with Dark Ixion. I obviously lost. Good thing I had saved soon before that.

While hunting monsters near the Djose Highroad, I talked to some more random NPCs and the Dark Magus Sisters show up. Luckily I was able to escape without fighting them.

Man, eff these Dark Aeons. I'm never talking to an NPC again for fear of getting murdered by one...

You can actually run from Dark Ixion.

Suikoguy

I think I give up now... 1.9 seconds... it's just not worth it for such a poorly designed piece of shit.

SERIOUSLY .2

WHYYYY

RPGCrazied

Besaid, Wandering flame are two tracks I think are better in the original so far.

Still crazy good soundtrack. Its been a looong time since I experienced such quality music.

And some sound strange with different instruments, or none all together. I don't know names, but the Seymor one is like that.

ramyeon

Am I the only one who finds the UI in FFX-2 to be really inconsistent and ugly? It's all over the place. Was it this bad in the original?

ramyeon

I don't mind it. It's a wee bit clunky, but hey, I've seen worse.
Those textures and patterns on pop ups and in the menus are unforgivable. And the EXP/battle rewards screen looks nothing like any of the other UI.

They cleaned up the FFX UI and made it really pleasing, but it looks like they didn't really do much at all with FFX-2's.

HeelPower

Just met freaking Rikku..One of my favorite party members.

I loved the subtle interactions between the cast.I seriously forgot how great this stuff is.

Like Yuna and Auron on the shoopuff... she sits down when Auron says "YUNA!" So Adorable :')

When they are told that their presence is requested at the command center in operation Mi'ihen, Yuna looks at Auron to get his approval through eye contact.Such amazing little details.

And some sound strange with different instruments, or none all together. I don't know names, but the Seymor one is like that.

I am interested to play more to listen to the rest.

this is one of my favorites https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA_89fpH3nU

pariah164

Like Yuna and Auron on the shoopuff... she sits down when Auron says "YUNA!" So Adorable :')

When they are told that their presence is requested at the command center in operation Mi'ihen, Yuna looks at Auron to get his approval through eye contact.Such amazing little details.
Well, Auron was her father's Guardian, so she probably trusts him more than anyone from a Guardian standpoint.

Hollycat

I don't understand the hate for the chocobo race. Then again, I got 0.0 in three goes.

My hate is directed at the lightning strike game. I couldn't get past 25, so I gave a neighbor kid $5 to do it. It took him like 15 minutes. :[

Suikoguy

I got to .3 once. It hurt ;__;
I finally managed to do it after 2 hours of tears, sweat, and frustration though :)
[IMG.]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3700/13399445145_a52cef2ecd_b.jpg[/IMG]

I somehow just got it, 19 balloons and 3 bird hits. All 3 of which happened at the very last segment, and I thought it cost me the whole thing. I wish it was on ps4 so I could re-post the run, it was amusing how ninja it ended up being.

The lightning dodging bit I'm less worried about as there are several different tricks and ways to get that one versus this one which is up to more luck then anything else.
(There is a place where you can trigger it on demand, plus you can pause and take a break.)

ZeroX03

Banned
Nothing in FFX is particularly hard, from combat to the mini-games. It's just that the Chocobo Race in the Calm Lands has a bit of a random element to it that the others don't which can make it incredibly frustrating or pretty breezy. Lightning Dodge / Remiem Race are all about just not screwing up. Blitzball is easy with a half decent team. I don't think a team has scored on me in 20+ games, since the story Goers match.

Mr. RHC

The gap between this and ,say, lightning returns is really massive.Even voice acting is better!
Agreed!

Just met freaking Rikku..One of my favorite party members.

I loved the subtle interactions between the cast.I seriously forgot how great this stuff is.

I am interested to play more to listen to the rest.

this is one of my favorites https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA_89fpH3nU

The characters are really believeable. There are some really good background and interpersonal story scenes throughout the game. I also like this song, got this nice countryside feeling to it.

Wedge becomes progressively worse as a shooter, but his other stats grow to make him an excellent choice as a defender and even goalie later.

Excellent is a huge stretch.

He goes from being "the best" to being totally meh in a pair of other disciplines. He's passable, but I don't know why people who play long term ever bother with Wedge.

Brother at least always has his speed.

*EDIT* Ok, I take it back about goalie, I forgot just how high Wedge's CA becomes. But you still have to get him up in the 80s for it to be decent, and 90s for it to be great.

OmegaDL50

Be careful what you ask for and you just might get it.

I guess the Luca Goers praying for competition worked too well when they made their visit at Kilika Temple.

I'm currently playing a League season, and they are dead last with 1 win and 4 losses. This is the 5th round mind you (there is 10 games in a League season)

For a Team that is supposedly near unbeatable the way the game hyped them up, they must think they are having some sort of nightmare they can't wake up from.

Lucreto

I didn't know Dwight Schultz did the voice of O'aka but I did recognise the voice from somewhere else.

He used the same voice as Bodahn Feddic from Dragon Age.

Top Bottom