• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

I've got everyone's celestial weapons except for Wakka's. I hate how many games of Bltiz you need to play.

Once I get Wakka's fully powered, it'll be the first time I've had all the weapons.

Roto13

i have 5 lvl4 spheres and i don't know where to spend it, What would you recommend me to pick first?

i just killed
Yunalesca.

Yuna and/or Lulu with One MP Cost (Break Damage Limit optional) can doublecast Ultima and wreck all of the mandatory bosses.

Hellix

Aw yeah, I am finally done with X. I don't think I can touch X-2 for another month or two.

RB1stnU.jpg

I'm stuck. ????? is following me to the ruins and I've come to some wall lined with red lights and I can't get past it.

This is probably a really stupid place to get stuck at, but yeah. Someone help :|

Just killed Dark Valefor!

Dropped Ribbon+Break HP Limit for Wakka. Farm him till Ribbon+3 empthy slots or keep it?

Also if I keep it what should I customize that type of armor? Auto Haste+Potion?

Dropped Ribbon+Break HP Limit for Wakka. Farm him till Ribbon+3 empthy slots or keep it?

Also if I keep it what should I customize that type of armor? Auto Haste+Potion?

That's a good armour to have since Wakka should be one of your main 3. Auto haste should definitely be on there and I would also go with auto phoenix or auto protect.

Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect and Auto-Phoenix.

That's a good armour to have since Wakka should be one of your main 3. Auto haste should definitely be on there and I would also go with auto phoenix or auto protect.

So one is saying to keep it and one is saying to try get 3 slots? :lol

I think I'll keep it. If I start farming for a new one who knows how long it takes. Break HP Limit can't be that bad!

I think I'll keep it. If I start farming for a new one who knows how long it takes. Break HP Limit can't be that bad!

You can always farm dark yojimbo anyway if you want other armours but what you got is a good start and like you said, if you try to farm him you could end up with worse armour and not get what you want at all.

The best armour debate will probably be here forever lol

You can always farm dark yojimbo anyway if you want other armours but what you got is a good start and like you said, if you try to farm him you could end up with worse armour and not get what you want at all.

The best armour debate will probably be here forever lol

Yup. I'll keep it. Just put auto-haste on it. I guess I'll put auto protect as the last one when I get the ingredients for that one.

Hellix

If you plan on getting 99,999 HP for Penance, I'd keep it. Otherwise, I think you could replace that slot with something more useful.

Flandy

Collected all the Jecht Spheres, got all Aeons, powered up every Celestial Weapon, have captures 10 of every monster in every area except
Omega Ruins and Inside Sin,
. What am I missing? I know I still need to get the Final Al bhed Primer. Should I capture everything in the Omega Ruins now or should I finish the game first?

Saphirax

Yup. I'll keep it. Just put auto-haste on it. I guess I'll put auto protect as the last one when I get the ingredients for that one.

Break HP Limit is mostly useless. Not only can you farm Dark Yojimbo, you get 99 Dark Matters from capturing certain fiends for the monster arena, which enables you to put Ribbon on one character's armor.

Diagol

Doing Catcher Chocobo now.

Yeah, it's BS like usual. Literally the most frustrating mini-game out of any FF. Whoever green lit this one is a moron.

Jisgsaw

Doing Catcher Chocobo now.

Yeah, it's BS like usual. Literally the most frustrating mini-game out of any FF. Whoever green lit this one is a moron.

I get the impression it's uilta luck based.
I spend nearly two hours on it on PS2.

In the HD remake, I got it in my very FIRST try, but I forgot to go get Tidus' weapon when I won. So I raced her again, got beaten once, and then again got a 0.0 time on my next try...

Diagol

I get the impression it's uilta luck based.
I spend nearly two hours on it on PS2.

In the HD remake, I got it in my very FIRST try, but I forgot to go get Tidus' weapon when I won. So I raced her again, got beaten once, and then again got a 0.0 time on my next try...

Oh it's totally luck based. But when you combine luck with the fact that it's needed to get an ultimate weapon, terrible controls, a camera angle that changes (which then changes your controls slightly), birds that show up randomly (and sometimes stick to your character which means you get hit twice no matter what you do) it automatically becomes the worst mini-game I've ever experienced.

clem84

Gold Member
Anyone else not finding a reason to upgrade Kimahri during the story portion of FFX? I regularly use all other 6 characters and I have upgraded them pretty evenly, except Kimahri. I just find him to be useless all around. His path on the sphere grid is also pretty short so if he goes further he becomes a copy of some other character. Why use the copy when you can use the real character who's much further ahead in his development.

Son Of D

If you're going for Break HP Limit then Auto-Regen is a good choice to add on. The healing is more noticeable with the higher HP (stating the obvious there).

Tiamant

The trainer dress sphere seems so useless.

They're quite versatile, I'm using Flurry and I like it.

The monkey must burn though.

EDIT: I think I've figured out the japanese quotes thing! Some of the battle quotes must be bugged, until now I've found Yuna saying her thief quotes while having another dressphere or when the battle ends. Just now my Songstress Paine was (brutally) killed and she just started singing her "naranana narananarana" that she uses only when doing a "sing" command.

I believe the japanese quotes are meant to be for the festivalist dressphere but somehow they are triggered with certain actions with other dresspheres.

Flandy

Anyone else not finding a reason to upgrade Kimahri during the story portion of FFX? I regularly use all other 6 characters and I have upgraded them pretty evenly, except Kimahri. I just find him to be useless all around. His path on the sphere grid is also pretty short so if he goes further he becomes a copy of some other character. Why use the copy when you can use the real character who's much further ahead in his development.

It's not like it's hard to get his Celestial Weapon. I rarely use him but I got his anyway.

CarJeter

Neo Member
The trainer dress sphere seems so useless.

MP Stroll is godlike though. Since I want everyone to have different classes, my Rikku is a White Mage and currently a trainer and when she heals her MP is recovered instantly after walking a few steps.

burgerdog

Skip dress sphere sequence: yes. It's a lie. Half the time it goes through the entire scene. I'm guessing you must watch a combination before it lets you skip them.

Diagol

I've been attempting this stupid catcher chocobo thing for 3 hours now. I give up. Worst fucking mini game I've ever encountered. Stupid fucking invisible barriers and birds that have better homing than missiles.

jaxword

Man, FFX-2 gets old pretty fast. I have to go through all places again. Guess I will take a break. It is like playing Sonic Heroes...

Funny thing about FFx-2, it's probably one of the fastest FFs if you JUST do plot-related things and skip all the optional material.

Roto13

I like how you walk across the entire world of FFX in like the first chapter of FFX-2. And then do it three more times. And it's still shorter than FFX.

Holmes

Is it 400 points to get the publicity level to 5 for the companies in the Calm Lands? I have 549 points for Open Air and still says level 4...

HeelPower

I listened to the bonus audio.

Don't know why this Chuami character had to be such a bitch.She even insults the cast of FFX.

Gonna be incredibly annoying if she and the Kurugum are X-3's main characters.

Flandy

I like how you walk across the entire world of FFX in like the first chapter of FFX-2. And then do it three more times. And it's still shorter than FFX.

Could you explain a bit more? Been a while since I've played X-2 and I don't remember having to visit every location from X

Dat ending.. I laughed when Tidus said
"I promise this will be quick!" and then I kill him with one Blitz Ace

Can't decide if I should jump right into X-2 since I've never played it or finish the monster arena in X. I suck at coming back to games later, I always feel like I have to start over

Shahed

In FFX-2, how useful is Creature Creator? I've never been a fan of using monsters to fight in anything. Much prefer human characters. Is there anything quite useful there or can it be freely avoided?

Top Bottom