• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Those Chapter 5 requirements for 100% completion look like far more effort than I expected them to be. I guess I'll just keep a save at the beginning in case I want to attempt it but otherwise I'll probably just watch the ending on youtube.

XJF

Those Chapter 5 requirements for 100% completion look like far more effort than I expected them to be. I guess I'll just keep a save at the beginning in case I want to attempt it but otherwise I'll probably just watch the ending on youtube.

IIRC the "Perfect Ending" you get from 100% completion was really stupid. The "Good Ending" from hitting a button during final scene was much more satisfying, though those who thought X-2 wasn't necessary still didn't care for the Good Ending

IIRC the "Perfect Ending" you get from 100% completion was really stupid. The "Good Ending" from hitting a button during final scene was much more satisfying, though those who thought X-2 wasn't necessary still didn't care for the Good Ending

Ah okay, glad I won't be missing much. I might try to just finish it up today now that I'm just going to skip the like 50 more CommSphere viewings I have to do.

XJF

Ah okay, glad I won't be missing much. I might try to just finish it up today now that I'm just going to skip the like 50 more CommSphere viewings I have to do.

Not looking forward to doing that. I hated it back in the PS2 days... I was really upset. Good Ending is CG, whereas the Perfect Ending is just in real-time in the in-game engine. I was disappointed after spending so many hours to unlock it.

Roto13

Yeah, really, you can get the "good" ending with any percent you want. 100% just gives you a tiny bit extra that doesn't really change anything.

Also, if you really want to get 100%, you don't have to do it in one playthrough. There's a decision you can make between the Youth League and New Yevon that actually means there's like 110% available if you play through the game twice. (New Game Plus is worth it.)

You should do the PR mission for the Calm Lands, anyway, though, because it gives you a really good reward for completing it. I think you only need 400 points to get the reward and there's way more than that available.

Flandy

haha.gif

The voice/audio quality on the vita sort of sucks. At least on the Vita 2000.

Hey you two. What ever happened to this?

kayos90 said:
To make this interesting we're going to make this a two part bet. The following are the win conditions to the bet and the prize for winning.

- In order for Kayos to win the bet FFX/X-2HD on both the PS3 and the Vita combined will outsell Lightning Returns. LuukyK wins if this conditions is not met/Lightning Returns sells more than X/X-2HD.
- Whichever region the game comes out for first will decide the win condition.
- Winning will grant the winner the power to choose any avatar of his choice that the loser must wear for 3 weeks.
- Any release in other regions subsequent to the first release region that supports the winner's win condition will further extend the bet by 3 additional weeks up to a total of 9 weeks including the initial 3.

Sounds good?

LuuKyK said:
Hmmmm... well I wouldnt really consider it fair to count the Vita sales since LR is only available on the PS3. But ok, I dont think it will make that much of a difference. And the first region would be Japan, right? Also, what if it launches at the same time in US/Europe, will we count them together for the second part of the bet? Im in anyway.

kayos90 said:
US and EU would count as separate regions. It most likely will come out in Japan but I said first release region just in case. If X/X-2HD outsells LR in Japan and does so in both US and EU then you will wear an avatar of my choosing for 9 weeks. If it's only in Japan and in US then 6 weeks.

So, does this sound good?

LuuKyK said:
Sure, easy win. Why are you doing this? :p

kayos90 said:
The bet is sealed. So it begins.
All of these quotes are from http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527949&page=15

You two better be lurking this thread >_>

CarJeter

Neo Member
But the Perfect Ending ended in a perfect way lol

With Yuna standing at the Zanarkand spot like Tidus at the beginning of X. Was a nice touch there.

And the Bad Ending was good too. Showed Yuna's development. I guess every ending is good for me.

Well I did do everything up to 100% completion right after the Mi'ihen Mystery, so there's that. It'll leave me something to do if I ever decide to replay it.

Hey you two. What ever happened to this?
Man, I am not good at predicting things, but I knew FFX was going to sell more because of nostalgia alone. You cannot deny the nostalgia for old FF games!
I also think the Steam rereleases of FF7 and FF8 sold quite well as well.

Well, it wouldn't work on Jumbo flan, but then again, considering he drops magic spheres...

Is a 255 Str Wakka enough to kill Earth Eater + Greater Sphere?

Greater Sphere dies in 2 Attack Reels so that one is super easy concidering he only gets to counter once with his melee attack that isn't a problem. EE takes 3 Reels so thats why it works well with entrust. The only ''problem'' is his insta kill punch at the start. I hit him twice so he falls down and full life the one dead member. After that I just shoot the 3 overdrives and that's it.

Jisgsaw

Greater Sphere dies in 2 Attack Reels so that one is super easy concidering he only gets to counter once with his melee attack that isn't a problem. EE takes 3 Reels so thats why it works well with entrust. The only ''problem'' is his insta kill punch at the start. I hit him twice so he falls down and full life the one dead member. After that I just shoot the 3 overdrives and that's it.

Yeah, so nothing an auto-phoenix on armor can't counter.

God I hate myself for never using Wakka on the PS2.

Falk

that puzzling face
It only took out the useless world map system which was so successful in providing an illusion of freedom that people thought FFs were openworld at some point.

Some minigames/quests were integral to the world map. Chocobo Hot and Cold in FF9, for one.

Other times it was used as a plot device or to convey story. Seeing a huge-ass tower/menacing edifice/whatever over a city, or seeing Meteor in the sky for example.

And even other times it is an integral metroidvania-esque destination-limiter depending on what kind of transportation you have, probably most well-executed with the shallow water/beaches-only system of the Tiny Bronco in FF7.

edit: And again, this is a discussion much better suited for the FF community thread where it will be roughly the #4632th time it's been brought up. Just sayin'.

I'm finally slowly closing in on that point where the platinum trophy is not too far off in FFX. I'm excited to dive into X-2 right away, I never actually beat that game completely even tho I remember really liking it. Couple of questions:

1.I know X-2 is notorious on bullshit reasons for missing 100%. I might follow a guide and try it on 1 playtrough. However if I do miss on this and let's say get 95% or something, does the % carry on to the new game+ or does NG+ make it easy othervise to get 100% by rushing through the game a second time?

2.Any missable trophies outside of 100%? Does 100% playtrough not include some trophies I should be aware about?

XJF

I'm finally slowly closing in on that point where the platinum trophy is not too far off in FFX. I'm excited to dive into X-2 right away, I never actually beat that game completely even tho I remember really liking it. Couple of questions:

1.I know X-2 is notorious on bullshit reasons for missing 100%. I might follow a guide and try it on 1 playtrough. However if I do miss on this and let's say get 95% or something, does the % carry on to the new game+ or does NG+ make it easy othervise to get 100% by rushing through the game a second time?

2.Any missable trophies outside of 100%? Does 100% playtrough not include some trophies I should be aware about?

1. Yes, percentage carries over.

2. As far as I'm aware, the only missable trophies are
-Monster Master (as some enemies only appear in Via Infinito is you beat them in story. At least one later boss can be completely by-passed, thus negating this trophy.)
-Good Listener
-Tricky Trapper
-Millionaire
-Sweet Perfection
-Tonberry's Treasure
-Dancing Queen (not confirmed)

Pretty sure that's all

Carbonox

Half-way through unlocking every monster and getting every reward in the Monster Arena in FFX.

What are the must-need armours I should start working on? I'm aware of having one armor that serves as your main one and having one that serves as your AP farming one. Is that correct? Or do I need any more than just those two?

Levyne

Banned
He's asking for missable trophies outside of 100%. So 100% will get you all of those except Tonberry's Treasure (Last Mission) and Monster Master.

As for Monster Master, I think everything is available in Infinico, since if you get 100%, you'll see them all, they will all be available there, right? Except the two you have to go into Bevelle Underground to get.

Half-way through unlocking every monster and getting every reward in the Monster Arena in FFX.

What are the must-need armours I should start working on? I'm aware of having one armor that serves as your main one and having one that serves as your AP farming one. Is that correct? Or do I need any more than just those two?
You need a second weapon if you want to do the Don Tonberry trick. One with Triple AP, Triple Overdrive and Overdrive -> AP. Easiest way to get these is to kill One-Eye at the arena who drops Triple AP weapons with 2 empthy slots.

XJF

The AP trick uses Weapons, not Armor.

Auto-haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Phoenix
Are all MANDATORY

As for last slot, use RIBBON, Auto-Potion, or Auto-Regen. I personally used Ribbon on 2 of them, others had Auto-Potion and I sold every potion that wasn't X-Potion so anytime I went critical health, they'd auto toss an X-Potion, BOOM, full-health.

Flandy

So I've finished FFX and now have monster capturing in the last two areas, have some AP grinding to do for the Sphere Grid Master trophy, and need to defeat the Super Bosses. How should I go about filling the empty nodes in the sphere grid?

13723493245_da586f2339_b.jpg

Even Square Enix doesn't like the super slim

XJF

As for Monster Master, I think everything is available in Infinico, since if you get 100%, you'll see them all, they will all be available there, right? Except the two you have to go into Bevelle Underground to get.

Azi Dahaka can be bypassed by completing Piano Sequence corrently in the Final Area, If you don't beat him he won't appear in VI

Levyne

Banned
Hmm. Yeah now that I think about it, if you roam around willy-nilly with Charm Bangle all the time, you could still get 100% and miss fiends, and I don't think they show up if you haven't encountered them.

So yeah, you could miss that trophy and have to go NG+.

XJF

Are all fiends in the Via Infinito, or just the ones you've already encountered?

I believe all standard fiends are in there regardless. Certain bosses (Chocobo Eater, Jumbo Cactuar, King Vermin, and Azi Dahaka) only appear AFTER you've beaten them. If you're following a 100% guide, you'll encounter all Except Azi Dahaka.

Even if standard fiends are only in there after you defeat them, Almost all fiends can be encountered in the Creature Creator, with a few exceptions.

XJF

So it seems like you'd have to be really unlucky or deliberate to miss a fiend.

Pretty much lol
Why is everyone complaining about the Lightning Tower Calibration? The guide explicitly states that it doesn't count toward completion percentage AT ALL..

OmegaDL50

I believe all standard fiends are in there regardless. Certain bosses (Chocobo Eater, Jumbo Cactuar, King Vermin, and Azi Dahaka) only appear AFTER you've beaten them. If you're following a 100% guide, you'll encounter all Except Azi Dahaka.

Even if standard fiends are only in there after you defeat them, Almost all fiends can be encountered in the Creature Creator, with a few exceptions.

It should be mentioned that all Oversouled Fiends in the game can also be encountered in the Via Infinto

Also there is a trick forcing to get a specific Oversouled creature.

1) You must encounter the "type" of fiend who is already in Oversoul status. Meaning getting into a battle and making a monster go into oversoul. If you are looking for a Flan, then you must encounter any Flan-type to go Oversoul.

2) Once your prefered monster type has gone Oversoul, flee the battle without killing the monster.

3) Go to the area of the desired "type" monster you want to add it's entry into the Bestairy, and then kill it as it should automatically enter Oversoul status once encountered.

This trick works for all fiends that can become Oversouled. Using Weapon-fiends for example, i.e Ultima, Omega, and Paragon.

For example encountering Ultima or Omega Weapon and them going Oversoul, you can flee the battle, then get into a fight with Paragon and he will Oversoul.

This is good way cut down a lot of time getting the Oversouled fiends into the bestiary.

XJF

It should be mentioned that all Oversouled Fiends in the game can also be encountered in the Via Infinto

Also there is a trick forcing to get a specific Oversouled creature.

1) You must encounter the "type" of fiend who is already in Oversoul status. Meaning getting into a battle and making a monster go into oversoul. If you are looking for a Flan, then you must encounter any Flan-type to go Oversoul.

2) Once your prefered monster type has gone Oversoul, flee the battle without killing the monster.

3) Go to the area of the desired "type" monster you want to add it's entry into the Bestairy, and then kill it as it should automatically enter Oversoul status once encountered.

This trick works for all fiends that can become Oversouled. Using Weapon-fiends for example, i.e Ultima, Omega, and Paragon.

For example encountering Ultima or Omega Weapon and them going Oversoul, you can flee the battle, then get into a fight with Paragon and he will Oversoul.

This is good way cut down a lot of time getting the Oversouled fiends into the bestiary.

The main enemy this WILL NOT work on is Master Tonberry because he is encountered with regular tonberries and is always the 3rd or 4th enemy in the list. This fact pissed me off back in the PS2 days.

Yay, I beat Omega! Wasn't too bad after leveling up a bit and making some nice armor for my people (Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Phoenix, Auto-Potion on everyone). And who knew Wakka was so powerful at the end game? :p Not me because I never got his ultimate weapon in previous playthroughs, lol.

Anyways, in the cutscene after you beat Omega, I noticed a chest in his room. Anyone remember what is in the chest? Not sure if it's worth the time going back down there again (since it puts you at the save point after beating Omega).

Carbonox

You need a second weapon if you want to do the Don Tonberry trick. One with Triple AP, Triple Overdrive and Overdrive -> AP. Easiest way to get these is to kill One-Eye at the arena who drops Triple AP weapons with 2 empthy slots.

The AP trick uses Weapons, not Armor.

Auto-haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Phoenix
Are all MANDATORY

As for last slot, use RIBBON, Auto-Potion, or Auto-Regen. I personally used Ribbon on 2 of them, others had Auto-Potion and I sold every potion that wasn't X-Potion so anytime I went critical health, they'd auto toss an X-Potion, BOOM, full-health.

Ah I see thanks. I'll get working on these then.

What is the best way to obtain the Triple Overdrive customization? I'll have the other two components covered but looking oonline there is a shit ton of clashing content on it.

Ourobolus

Banned

What is the best way to obtain the Triple Overdrive customization? I'll have the other two components covered but looking oonline there is a shit ton of clashing content on it.

Capture one of every monster and the arena dude gives you 99x Winning Formulas - that'll get you 3 Triple Overdrives.

I think after that, bribing Sand Worms for 960,000 gil nets you 15 each.

XJF

Winning Formula*
Usage- 30 for Triple Overdrive in weapon
Steal- N/A
S. Rare- N/A
Drop- Ultima Buster (Monster Arena)
D. Rare- N/A
Bribe- Sand Worm (Sanubia Desert)
99 for catching all areas

I believe the bribing is like 900K for ~15. I just used Double Overdrive on the remaining 4 People. Fuck all kinds of spending 1.8M gil per person.

I wish the sphere grid had an auto mode =\ I'm too lazy to do it so I normally have 20+ sphere levels saved. Just got to "home" about and was getting destroyed by every fight until I finally caved in and spent forever doing the sphere grid =\ I loved this game but some how I completely forgot about the sphere grid. :D

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member
Really happy to see this OT still super active. Haven't had time to play in the past week or so; stopped right at
the calm lands
. Hopefully I can squeeze some time in tonight.

Also just realized the only games I've played/bought in the past couple months have been Square titles (not to mention I bought the Yoshitaka Amano FF art book set recently since it was so cheap). Between this, Bravely Default, and FFXIV PS4 I'm super glad to see Square sort of returning to what made them so great in the first place.

OmegaDL50

If you want Triple Overdrive on a weapon without any other ability.

Earth Eater drops them in the Monster Arena.

If you want to add Triple Overdrive for AP gaining equipment, you'll need to seriously get some money with Rikku's Godhand and kill at least 20 mimics in the Omega Ruins.

Then after you get at least 1.8 million gil.

You need to bribe a Sandworm (Sanubia Desert, or Monster Arena if you caught one) for 900,000 gil and he will give you ~15 Winning Formula (you need 30 of these to customize Triple Overdrive to a weapon)

However if you caught every single monster from every area, you get 99 of them which is enough to craft three weapons with the ability.

Atlantis

Offer the Sandworm the lowest amount possible (x10 his max HP, or 450,000 Gil) then keep offering one gil at a time until he accepts.

I feel my dislike of X-2 getting ever greater as I keep playing. Rikku sucks and the fact that two different parties with perfectly legitimate ideological differences were united by
"the power of song"
is ridiculously stupid.

:(

Went back to X where should i take Tidus , Lulu and Auron next on the sphere grid?

I was thinking Tidus will go into Wakka or Aurons grid

Lulu will obviously go into Yunas grid

and take Auron to either Wakka or Tidus for quick hit

What do you think ladies and gentlemen ?

Atlantis

Went back to X where should i take Tidus , Lulu and Auron next on the sphere grid?

Take Tidus to Wakka's grid since it has the most Strength and decent Agility, then Rikku's.

Lulu and Yuna switch places, then head to Rikku's grid.

Everyone else goes to Tidus' grid.

XJF

Typically, Tidus goes to Rikku's for Speed, or to Wakka's for more Strength.
Same for Auron, Tidus' section for speed and strength, or Wakka's for Strength and Acc.

Wazzy

Banned
I love the new thread title. I should have started X-2 by now since I beat X but I'm such a completionist that I want to go back and beat all the superbosses. Hmmmm.

OmegaDL50

Good job capturing that Chocobo! here, have a meteor shower.

;_;

Ah yes, Chocobo's, one of the most beloved icons of the FF series, also equally deadly as well.

I can tell you the horror stories I had in FFT when I was walking back and forth between two locations trying to level up my team for more JP, and triggered an encounter with 4 to 5 Black and Red Chocobo's. It was THE END.

Similar stories with the White Chocobo and Trickster in FFXII, and the Badass Purple Chocobo from FFXIII-2

Cute and Feathery, making dedicated and faithful mounts to ride, but don't ever piss one off.

I feel my dislike of X-2 getting ever greater as I keep playing. Rikku sucks and the fact that two different parties with perfectly legitimate ideological differences were united by
"the power of song"
is ridiculously stupid.

:(

FFX-2 has good gameplay, but lets be real storywise you have to pretend it ended with FFX and FFX-2 is just a bad fan fic :(

Top Bottom