• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

marrec

Banned
Played about two hours on the PS3 SKU.

Wow. The game looks absolutely fantastic. I was expecting just rudimentary things like 16:9 support and 720p. They really went to town on the textures. Is it just me, or did they also redo the mesh on a few monsters? Some of them look pretty high-poly for a PS2 game.

Does this game support surround sound at all? I figured out the game doesn't support DTS, but when I play in DD I'm getting nothing out of the rear channels.

Also, is it just me, or is loading slower than the PS2 game? It seems like I'm hitting a 6-8 seconds load every two screens I cross...

The Vita loading is not 6-8 seconds, but it does seem like load screens are more noticeable than when I originally played it. Don't have the original game to compare too right now though.

The Vita loading is not 6-8 seconds, but it does seem like load screens are more noticeable than when I originally played it. Don't have the original game to compare too right now though.

Yeah, load times do seem fairly noticeable.

I haven't timed the load times myself to say for sure, but from the little time I've spent with the PS3 and Vita versions, it feels like Vita's load times are more noticeable (i.e. a little longer, but not by much). Has anyone else felt this is the case?

Yeah, load times do seem fairly noticeable.

I haven't timed the load times myself to say for sure, but from the little time I've spent with the PS3 and Vita versions, it feels like Vita's load times are more noticeable (i.e. a little longer, but not by much). Has anyone else felt this is the case?

Yea they're maybe a second or two longer on Vita than PS3.

Stratostar

Would you describe this game on the OLED screen as orgasmic?
Yes.
image.php

Having a blast with the game. I remember owning my first ps2 and renting this game. Never really got too far, and never got into it as much as I am now. So I can consider this my forst time with the game. Are there some things I should look out? I know getting every characters ultimate weapon is hard and tedious. But any other secrets?

got to the island and met my brudda.

hope i can complete the story part of the game not stop before the end like i did with the ps2 version... TWICE lol.

Is there still a chance they will offer the games separately on PSN?
I don't want FF X-2 but would be happy to pay 20 bucks for FFX.

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 were also offered separately after a while, and Tales of Symphonia was also sold separately.

Having a blast with the game. I remember owning my first ps2 and renting this game. Never really got too far, and never got into it as much as I am now. So I can consider this my forst time with the game. Are there some things I should look out? I know getting every characters ultimate weapon is hard and tedious. But any other secrets?

My advice would be to revisit previous areas later in the game. You'll usually find something that you either missed before or a new occurrence triggered by a certain part of the story.

Also if you're playing the game blind and are hunting trophies, at least look up how to get the missable al bhed primers. I think there are 4 total out of the 26.

Yea they're maybe a second or two longer on Vita than PS3.

My digital copy on the vita seems quick...1-2 second loads... But then again I haven't left Besaid yet.

This expert sphere grid is confusing me. I feel like with one wrong turn I'll have two characters being exactly the same too early.

AkuMifune

Banned
So glad to finally have this. Music is phenomenal and Tidus is so pretty on the Vita.

My digital copy on the vita seems quick...1-2 second loads... But then again I haven't left Besaid yet.

This expert sphere grid is confusing me. I feel like with one wrong turn I'll have two characters being exactly the same too early.

I'm also a little worried about choosing Expert so confidently now, some research might be in order.

clem84

Gold Member
Got a little carried away.

Time to jump in the PS3 version! I haven't touched this game since I put over 220 hours into the PS2 original. I can't wait to make my chars clear the sphere grid entirely to beat the monsters from the monster arena.

Arthea

Time to jump in the PS3 version! I haven't touched this game since I put over 220 hours into the PS2 original. I can't wait to make my chars clear the sphere grid entirely to beat the monsters from the monster arena.

me too, over 200 hours. I'm kinda scared of this game now, it was so long since I played a game that long.

God bless this game for only having 1 missable trophy and of course I already knew what it was and where you miss it (the Al-behd primers).

I hate feeling like I have to use a walkthrough the first time I play because you'll never find everything without one. I'm just going to play the game and worry about that crap later (if I feel like it)

Comet

God bless this game for only having 1 missable trophy and of course I already knew what it was and where you miss it (the Al-behd primers).

I hate feeling like I have to use a walkthrough the first time I play because you'll never find everything without one. I'm just going to play the game and worry about that crap later (if I feel like it)
Agreed, and thankfully the missable primers are obvious if you've played that part of the game before.

ryushe

Man, the difference in quality between the main characters and the voiced NPC's is staggering.

Also, codammit Luca's theme is amazing this time around.

Arthea

Agreed, and thankfully the missable primers are obvious if you've played that part of the game before.

not really, that was so long ago, that I only remember that there were some missable, but I don't remember where and when.
one probably is in Al Bhed fortress that gets destroyed

Korezo

I think Kimahri went from being the worst looking character model of original ps2 version to the best looking model in the remaster. I love how crisp and colorful he looks, he's so smooth.

Jennipeg

If I could've picked one to be spared, it would've been that. :/

I just went to listen to it an it's certainly lost something. I like all the other updated tracks, but this one is a miss for me. I think it's the out of tune piano in the background, at least that's what it sounds like.

Ohnonono

If you miss the primers would it be pretty easy to get them on a second playthrough? Is that how the trophies work or do you have to do it all in one playthrough?

Nymphae

Banned
Sigh. OT's never have the one piece of information I'm looking for.

In this case, when is the release date? (I now know the release date via googling, just asking because it really should be in the OP.)

Hollycat

If you miss the primers would it be pretty easy to get them on a second playthrough? Is that how the trophies work or do you have to do it all in one playthrough?

You can get them over many seperate playthroughs. There are stones hidden around the world that allow you to copy any primers you've found in other save files.

Sigh. OT's never have the one piece of information I'm looking for.

In this case, when is the release date? (I now know the release date via googling, just asking because it really should be in the OP.)

Not sure we are looking at the same OT, but it's in there... towards the bottom of the picture. It's March 18th for NA, March 21st for EU.

clem84

Gold Member

I remember when I played the PS2 version, the only thing I missed were the primers. I put a lot of time in my first playthrough (220hr), but then what I did was to do another quick playthrough, almost like a speed run, just to get all the primers. Don't know if I'll do that this time but it's an option.

CarJeter

Neo Member
I think Kimahri went from being the worst looking character model of original ps2 version to the best looking model in the remaster. I love how crisp and colorful he looks, he's so smooth.

He is certainly up there but Lulu's updated character model looks so good...

I put in a good 90 minutes into this game last night before falling asleep. The remaster was so well done, and I really really hope we see XII HD. Please please please please!

Hell Ya!!

Played till I got to Luca, really loving it. Bringing back tons on memories and it play and looks wonderful Vita.

RaikuHebi

Banned

Are the artbooks the same in content?

Meowster

I still despise Seymour. Somehow they have made him look even more feminine than before. I just can't get past that voice of his.. so grating. Time for Mushroom Rock and the operation!

clem84

Gold Member
Are the artbooks the same in content?

I haven't opened them yet. Don't know if I will. First thing is, the CE's artbook is bigger in size (same size as the guide), and it has 40 pages, as opposed to the LE's 24 pages artbook. I don't know if some of the images are the same though. Maybe someone here knows?

so i was watching my friend play FFX HD on his PS3. is it bad that the first thing that came to my mind is that even though its in HD, i kinda wish they just waited longer and completely remade the game so it would actually look like an HD final fantasy game, rather than just a remaster(keeping the battle systems intact though)?

i just keep watching and seeing that the game could have looked soo much better if it was remade from the ground up. kinda like if they went the Wind Waker HD route.

so i was watching my friend play FFX HD on his PS3. is it bad that the first thing that came to my mind is that even though its in HD, i kinda wish they just waited longer and completely remade the game so it would actually look like an HD final fantasy game, rather than just a remaster(keeping the battle systems intact though)?

i just keep watching and seeing that the game could have looked soo much better if it was remade from the ground up. kinda like if they went the Wind Waker HD route.

pretty sure this has more time and effort put into it than WWHD which was just a quick 6 month port job ;)

We have been waiting for like 2 years already, the PS4 is out. They really couldn't wait any longer.

Besides, I like it the way it is. It doesn't need FF13 graphics. I do wish they would have allowed for skipping of tutorials though.

Top Bottom