• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

I've always said Teedus from the moment I first saw the name, even though I know Tide-us makes more sense and sounds a little better. I get laughed at whenever I say it or loud the way I do, but I quickly remind people that Kingdom Hearts, Dissidia and that behind the scenes DVD thing always uses Teedus.

Levyne

Banned
I always just spend so much time on the Highroad. The expert grid makes it even better to just spend some time leveling up, Yuna and Lulu almost know -ra spells :eek:

pariah164

Just realized I missed a Primer at Mushroom Rock Road. I just beat the boss there, en route to Djose... Can I go back, or do I have to wait till I get the airship?

Gamefaqs has a good stat maxing guide that goes in depth about each stat.

Agility - Is maxed out at 170. Having 170 Agility is the same as having 255.
Even so, if you have any spare nodes, it should go into this.
Lowest Agility is 5, from Auron.
170 - 5 = 165; 165/4 = 42

Luck - The amount of Luck needed is determined by which version you are
playing. For godlike powers, you'll need 255 in INT/PAL. However, since it
takes a very long time to get 255 Luck, it's not recommended for the NA
version. But you should know, 255 Luck = 255 Evasion + 255 Accuracy.
Lowerst Luck is 17, from Yuna, Lulu, and Auron.
255 - 17 = 238; 238/4 = 60
(NOTE: Since this is based on version; ignore this for Sane NA Version)

Evasion and Accuracy - Is maxed out at 255, but can be replaced by Luck.
Lowest Evasion is 5, from Wakka, Kimarhi, Auron, and Rikku.
255 - 5 = 250; 250/4 = 63
Lowest Accuracy is 3, from Yuna, Lulu, and Auron
255 - 3 = 252; 252/4 = 63
(NOTE: Since this is based on version; ignore this for Insane and
INT/PAL Version)

Evasion - A minimum of 30 Evasion is needed for Int/PAL
30 - 5 = 25; 25/4 = 7

Yeah. Also, sigh. I wish there were a faster way to farm Fortune Spheres than fighting Earth Eater over and over again (should have given Earth Eater a unique Fortune Distiller item or something like that, so you could at least convert one Earth Eater battle into 80 Fortune Spheres by playing your cards correctly).

Maxing out HP and MP isn't that useful anyway, though. IIRC, you're better off at 9,999 HP, 255 DEF/MAGDEF, Shell, Protect, and Defense+20%. No?

Levyne

Banned
Does that mean we should treat this version in that we "need" luck if we want "godlike power"? In the PS2 NA version I never bothered with Luck for the same reason.

Oh god, I played the hell out of this when it first came out like 13 years ago but never replayed it. I can't believe I forgot about that
laughing
scene, it was embarrassing.

mstevens

Is the official strategy guide worth it for someone who doesn't remember much about the game but wants to platinum it? I'm sure there are no specific trophy mentions in it but it surely covers everything.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I know there are much better swords out there, but I never wanted to change from Brotherhood - it's so cool looking. I doubt I'll change until I get the Ultima weapon this go 'round.

3103926670_ee6914253c_o.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Is the official strategy guide worth it for someone who doesn't remember much about the game but wants to platinum it? I'm sure there are no specific trophy mentions in it but it surely covers everything.

According to someone earlier in this thread, it doesn't cover the new international content very well. If you're going for the Platinum you're probably better off just using a trophy guide or watching some vids online. There's only one missable trophy anyway, although if you miss some stuff early on (mostly in Besaid) going back later to get it can be a bitch.

Levyne

Banned
Huh, never paid attention to how Belgemine pronounced her name before. Been saying it in my head wrong for a long time I guess.

How long is it until I get Rikku? Just
rode the Shoopuf.
Not really a spoiler but just to be careful.

Really close.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Does that mean we should treat this version in that we "need" luck if we want "godlike power"? In the PS2 NA version I never bothered with Luck for the same reason.
Luck is a great stat, but to balance, it's the hardest node to create AND to unlock. Get it if you can, but don't feel bad if you can't.

OmegaDL50

The International version bosses are good enough incentive to power up.
Penance is on a level unlike anything ever encountered in the original North America release of FFX

HeelPower

Damn lulu!

She was extremely harsh on wakka in Kilika...

Gotta love yuna vs Dona..Her response was badass and heartfelt..one of the best female characters in gaming.

But "the smiling" scene took a hit in animation..idk what happened...

game is so good. pacing is so excellent.

Oh god, I played the hell out of this when it first came out like 13 years ago but never replayed it. I can't believe I forgot about that
laughing
scene, it was embarrassing.

How could anyone ever forget about that scene, people still make fun of it every chance they get. People who never played probably know about that scene.

CarJeter

Neo Member
Damn lulu!

She was extremely harsh on wakka in Kilika...

Gotta love yuna vs Dona..Her response was badass and heartfelt..one of the best female characters in gaming.

But "the smiling" scene took a hit in animation..idk what happened...

game is so good. pacing is so excellent.

As I said earlier, the original version didnt "smile" either.

Faenix1

Can you use the PS2 FFX and FFX-2 guides for this release? OR does the international release change some item locations, among other things?

Magnus

Holy fuck the new battle music is so grating. It just sounds so loud and messy now, right as it kicks off, compared to the original. I wish there were a way to just have the standard environment music play right through.

Has X-2's music been remixed too?

Still can't believe we still have low res and high res models from scene to scene. Still so jarring. The high res ones look fucking great. The low res ones look as jarringly static as ever.

Also, holy fuck at all the loading screens.

Loving this otherwise

Both those fights can be won without every touching either character's Sphere Grid. Kimahri's is actually quite a bit harder if you've leveled him inefficiently.

That is wrong. Their Level scales with Kimahris. You dont have and shouldnt Kimahri at all. He is only useful for early stealing...but Rikku is of course better. Kimahri is the most useless character in a final fantasy

Ah okay, even better. Thanks for the heads up/reminder :)

Cheska

As silly as it sounds, starting this game after more than 10 years since the last play through is beginning to feel like an emotional experience. Final Fantasy X and X-2 are without a doubt some of my absolute favorite entries in the series, and I owe them a lot for my interest in games and RPG's in general.

hlhbk

I almost never buy strategy guides (that is what the internet is for if needed!) but I saw the one for FFX/X2 HD and it looked pretty sweet. So GAF is the new guide worth it?

B.K.

After all these years, I still hate the Cloister trials. I can do Besaid and Kilika easily enough, since they're so simple, but I always have to use a guide for the rest.

Still can't believe we still have low res and high res models from scene to scene. Still so jarring. The high res ones look fucking great. The low res ones look as jarringly static as ever.

That's the most disappointing thing about the remaster to me. There's no reason they shouldn't have used the hi-res models during all the cutscenes. It would have been fine to use the low res models during gameplay segments, since the camera never gets that close to the characters.

So I finally got my copy. Man, this game is gorgeous! And the music is great as well.

However, I seriously wish Japanese audio was an option. Tidus is really bad outside of the narration, and Rikku isn't much better. Wakka is okay though.

I don't know, maybe the English VO will grow on me. :/

The Ultimate Weapons part names still reflect that theme.

Honestly him being named 'Tida' would have made no sense to Western audiences, which is what prompted the change. The whole business of themes was entirely secondary when translating the game..

why would Tida not make sense to a western audience? it's a name.
Why didnt they change Yuna's name if it's what you said? Let's just call her Michelle so western audiences understand!! lol

I'm absolutely hating what they did with Tidus's face. Terrible shit.

pretty much. ps2 version is still the true definitive version. Considering how often we see Tidus face it's pathetic that it looks far inferior to the ps2 version Tidus' face :(

i think they made the blue part of his eye too big and the eyelids too small, but something is seriously off, he doesn't even look human anymore :(

Man... love all the details I never noticed before. And this Lulu upgrade.... Mmhhhmmm!!!!

She seriously is not in this game enough for how damn awesome she is, proof Square was F'ing up back then too~ :p

pretty much. ps2 version is still the true definitive version. Considering how often we see Tidus face it's pathetic that it looks far inferior to the ps2 version Tidus' face :(

i think they made the blue part of his eye too big and the eyelids too small, but something is seriously off, he doesn't even look human anymore :(

ErlRs.jpg

Someday Tidus will have the respect he deserves.

Blader

Just had my first Blitzball match. I hate it but I'm not sure if it's because I suck or not.

I was so bad at my first blitzball match and hated it too. Later on, I spent hours upon hours just straight playing blitzball. The game gets a hell of a lot more fun when you're given more control over it.

XJF

If i don't have any other games on it, will an 8GB vita card hold both? I know both together are under 8GB, but my vita gets delivered tomorrow, and I'm not sure if the Vita needs 2x capacity for install like PS3 does.

OK, I just watched the video on Squares site about the collectors edition, and she pronounced Tidus as 'Teedus'

Is this right? Please tell me its not. I mean I always said 'Tie-dus' like an ocean tide. It sounded better and made more sense.

I know it seems late, but I have never heard his name pronounced I guess. Still I hate 'Teedus'

if you watch the credits from the main menu (ps3) there is some dialog where Yuna refers to Tidus and used the same pronunciation.

don't care, still calling him ty-dus

Need some help on the cross save functionality. Been playing the bulk of my game on Vita. I uploaded the save from the Vita to the cloud, but my PS3 won't see any save on the cloud server. I'm signed in on my account on both sides. What gives?

XJF

Need some help on the cross save functionality. Been playing the bulk of my game on Vita. I uploaded the save from the Vita to the cloud, but my PS3 won't see any save on the cloud server. I'm signed in on my account on both sides. What gives?

Did you upload it through the "DATA TRANSFER" section of the games main menu? From the chatter on here, I think it has to be done through there.

Top Bottom