• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Conan-san

Ok, dumb question but how did the "Macarena Temple" gag even come into being?

I mean did Tidus say something equally stupid or was that a Davis'ing of his dialogue?

Erigu

Ok, dumb question but how did the "Macarena Temple" gag even come into being?
I mean did Tidus say something equally stupid or was that a Davis'ing of his dialogue?
In the Japanese version, you mean? He merely mispronounced the name, no reference.

pariah164

Got
Yojimbo
. Had to pay 195000 Gil and knocked me down to only 1025 Gil, but I don't care. Feels so damn good.

In the Japanese version, you mean? He merely mispronounced the name, no reference.
Yeah; it was added in. But I still laughed.

...Cbaygehk Al Bhed ec y mud mega cbaygehk Simlish, ech'd ed?

ryushe

If we're talking about the story line, Lulu is probably one of the best characters throughout the entire game.
wait, what?

I haven't played this game in years, but I remember always being annoyed that Lulu added almost nothing to the story. She's just "the dark goth" chick for majority of the game.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
wait, what?

I haven't played this game in years, but I remember always being annoyed that Lulu added almost nothing to the story. She's just "the dark goth" chick for majority of the game.
She added at least 40 belts to FF lore. That's important for building up the Legend of Nomura.

wait, what?

Really? Lulu is literally "The Explainer" for the entire game, she takes on the role of the person who explains every detail of Spira to Tidus throughout the story. She's probably the most essential character, because it sure as hell didn't seem like anybody else in the party was willing to or able to explain anything the whole way through. The only time someone who isn't Lulu explains something to Tidus is Rikku at the very beginning when Tidus first washes up in Spira, and then
during that important scene at Home

Typomancer

Neo Member
Guess you guys were still pure and innocent, back then. ^^

Oh, I was old enough to appreciate Lulu’s victory animation back then, but they definitely… “remastered” it in this version. Or maybe it is just much easier to notice in HD.

What's the best guide to use for FFX if you want to experience a comprehensive playthrough of the game? I've still got my official strategy guide stashed away somewhere from my days of playing the original version, but I imagine that it's been rendered pretty inferior compared to some of the fan-made walkthroughs out there now.

sasuke_91

I received my LE yesterday and was really surprised that the artbook isn't some hybrid-thingy like KH 1.5's Artbook was. You get an artbook and a normal case and the artbook also has a lot more content. I have no idea why SE suddenly decided to handle it like this for FF's LE.

I think I'll finish Tales of Xillia before diving into the world of Spira :p

Persona7

Banned
I received my LE yesterday and was really surprised that the artbook isn't some hybrid-thingy like KH 1.5's Artbook was. You get an artbook and a normal case and the artbook also has a lot more content. I have no idea why SE suddenly decided to handle it like this for FF's LE.

I think I'll finish Tales of Xillia before diving into the world of Spira :p

It is like that in North America. Similar to the Hitman HD collection and Kingdom Hearts.

bootski

Oh, I was old enough to appreciate Lulu’s victory animation back then, but they definitely… “remastered” it in this version. Or maybe it is just much easier to notice in HD.

lol same i was 19 back then and 30 now. maybe it's just because on a 42" screen im sititng right next too vs a 15" tube in a college dorm room. they definitely seem a lot swayier.

back on topic lol: why do npc's sell maps? is there a use for them later that i don't know about?

Originally I just wanted to buy a X-2 Vita code off someone but... this thread... I kind of want the full collection now. Which leaves me with the question of PS3 or Vita... Decisions.

TheContact

Originally I just wanted to buy a X-2 Vita code off someone but... this thread... I kind of want the full collection now. Which leaves me with the question of PS3 or Vita... Decisions.

Thunk about how you play. Are you more in front of your ps3 and TV or on the vita? I'd rather play on the Vita because ffx to-go ftw

Thorgal

What's the best guide to use for FFX if you want to experience a comprehensive playthrough of the game? I've still got my official strategy guide stashed away somewhere from my days of playing the original version, but I imagine that it's been rendered pretty inferior compared to some of the fan-made walkthroughs out there now.

Try split infinity 's one on Gamefaqs .

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/18197

It has more info then you'l know what to do with :p

terrible

Banned
Getting it on Vita is not a good idea.

"Lets play for a few minutes in bed before I sleep"

*3 hours later*

Oops.

No regrets. God I'm tired.

I remember I always used to switch characters in battle so that all of them got XP. Slow and kinda annoying after awhile but I didn't have to worry about leveling the "wrong" character etc.

Anyone else played like this?

terrible

Banned
I remember I always used to switch characters in battle so that all of them got XP. Slow and kinda annoying after awhile but I didn't have to worry about leveling the "wrong" character etc.

Anyone else played like this?

That's how I'm playing now. I wish I could stop but I can't. Every battle takes so long lol.

I traded in Killzone SF for this at Gamestop and paid $10 difference. They didn't have any Vita copies so I just bought it for the PS3(I was shocked I bought a PS3 game in 2014).

Thunk about how you play. Are you more in front of your ps3 and TV or on the vita? I'd rather play on the Vita because ffx to-go ftw
More of a "I need to research which is better" kind of thing.

If I had a huge preference for one platform over the other it would obviously not be much of a decision.

RpgN

The game is more beautiful than those official screenshots. The UI, the textures, the characters models...one of the few games I'm happy to triple dip.

Darn it, I want FFXII HD!

ryushe

Really? Lulu is literally "The Explainer" for the entire game, she takes on the role of the person who explains every detail of Spira to Tidus throughout the story. She's probably the most essential character, because it sure as hell didn't seem like anybody else in the party was willing to or able to explain anything the whole way through. The only time someone who isn't Lulu explains something to Tidus is Rikku at the very beginning when Tidus first washes up in Spira, and then
during that important scene at Home
I'll take that. Never thought of it that way.

damnit i missed a primer (number 10) is there anywhere to get it again?

edit" also, did they remove those potions from the suitcase on the boat? cos i kicked it and nothing was happening.. :(

ramyeon

Ugh is there a trick to Chocobo Racing I'm not getting? It seems impossible to get 0 seconds. And the biggest problem is that it's not even remotely fun.

Edit: Holy shit! My complaining must have worked. Right after I posted this I tried one more time and got it! Before this my best time was around 13 seconds, I couldn't believe I got it. Total time was around 32 seconds, 11 balloons and no bird hits.

2014-03-22-224137aguhd.jpg

Well, never doing that again anyway. Made sure to high tail it back to the nearest save point as well since I've been annihilated once before by those damn Malboros in the Calm Lands.

Arthea

I gave O'aka 1000 gil on a ship to Kilika, and now I wonder, is it enough, I can't remember how many times he asks for loan, 3? It sums, how much I give him at all those times, yes?

damnit i missed a primer (number 10) is there anywhere to get it again?

edit" also, did they remove those potions from the suitcase on the boat? cos i kicked it and nothing was happening.. :(

sorry, I'm not quite there yet, and don't remember where 10th is.

you have to be low on potions to get those from suitcase. I think you have to have lees than 20 to get any, because I was getting until I hit 20 potions.

I like the little bits of dialog you get whenever you talk to your party members.
Auron told Tidus that when Jecht first saw a shoopuf, he attacked it because he was drunk and thought the shoopuf was a fiend. They offered all their money as their apology, and Jecht never drank again.

ramyeon

I like the little bits of dialog you get whenever you talk to your party members.
Auron told Tidus that when Jecht first saw a shoopuf, he attacked it because he was drunk and thought the shoopuf was a fiend. They offered all their money as their apology, and Jecht never drank again.
Yeah they're great.
He also mentions that the shoopuf in question still works there and I'm pretty sure I could see a scar on the back leg of the one Auron was standing next to when he said that. Nice attention to detail.

Shahadan

Finally got Barbie's Airship. I wish they'd have added a world map this time.
Still don't know what to do with Kimahri and Rikku though. That must be why I never used them 10 years ago.

Nipo

I traded in Killzone SF for this at Gamestop and paid $10 difference. They didn't have any Vita copies so I just bought it for the PS3(I was shocked I bought a PS3 game in 2014).

I traded in Killzone for it too. Was able to snag the last vita copy Thursday morning since someone didn't pick up their preorder in time.

It ends up being a great deal. I bought killzone for $40, played it 200 hours and traded it for FFX which i'll get another 200 hours with.

Top Bottom