• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Hixx

Suzzopher said:
Can't see that limited edition anywhere.

I just spent 20 mins looking for the Ultimate/Collectors edition on UK websites and can't find shit. Really annoyed :( Dislike the normal cover art so much I was gonna get Collectors but can't find it. Gutted.

GoncaloCCastro said:
The European Collector's Edition has a cool cover

GOWCE.jpg

Image from the sixthaxis

Is that what's coming in the Ultimate Edition (Pandora's Box) or is this a seperate Collector's Edition?

BTW GAME has the exclusive rights to the Ultimate Edition, though it seems as though it's now be taken off the site. All pre-sold? Glad I got in there early.

Denzar

Dammit! My local game store is also out of Collectors Edition pre-orders.

A sparkle of hope though: when I pre-ordered Uncharted 2, I was also unable to pre-order the CE. When I went to the store they offered me a CE. They had recieved more CE's then expected. Same goes for Bioshock 2. Hope the same will happen to GoW III.

The box is cool and everything, but I want the CE for the challenges.

Cruzader

Banned
Anyone we can beg and get someone from Sony to give us a Hi-rez UK coverart PDF like they did for Heavy Rain for the US release?? How did that come to, anyhow? Did a sony guy read GAF or something??

Denzar

Cruzader said:
Anyone we can beg and get someone from Sony to give us a Hi-rez UK coverart PDF like they did for Heavy Rain for the US release?? How did that come to, anyhow? Did a sony guy read GAF or something??

Not only GAF was complaining :D

rhino4evr

careful said:
The Hades level? Uggggh. That was terrible. Almost threw my controller out the window. How the hell did that abomination pass QA? I hope there's nothing like that later on in GoW2.
No pretty much everything about god if war 2 kicks ass. Have fun!

MoxManiac

Yeah Hades sucks. Oh god does it suck.

I can't think of a single part in GoW2 that would make me not want to replay it. Fun from beginning to end!

koene

MoxManiac said:
Yeah Hades sucks. Oh god does it suck.

I can't think of a single part in GoW2 that would make me not want to replay it. Fun from beginning to end!

Oh yes there is. 3 words. Protec the translator.

MoxManiac

Eh, that wasn't so bad. Of course I only played on normal. I can see how the translator bit would be irritating on a higher difficulty level.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
koene said:
Oh yes there is. 3 words. Protec the translator.
So you're telling me it's just as hard as the original game on titan?

Well, there goes my GoW2 platinum. That part costed me TWO Dual Shock 2s and I never made it.

Firewire

Banned
Yoshichan said:

Well, there goes my GoW2 platinum. That part costed me TWO Dual Shock 2s and I never made it.

Protect the translator cost you two controllers? wtf are you doing to them? :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Firewire said:
Protect the translator cost you two controllers? wtf are you doing to them? :lol
:lol You don't want to know...

Yoshichan said:

You don't need to beat GoW2 on Titan to get the Platinum trophy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
MoxManiac said:
Eh, that wasn't so bad. Of course I only played on normal. I can see how the translator bit would be irritating on a higher difficulty level.

It was the single hardest part of the entire game on Titan mode.

Grooski

Banned
catashtrophe said:
Never heard of this version before? Is this not coming to the UK?

Whats does it include and how do i get it?

Game Australia's deal. You'd think it would be on Game UK's site but couldn't find anything. Maybe its only parts of PAL?

bannerUrl_11.jpg

sam27368

Banned
That GOW 3 collectors will probably make it's way to the UK. It's just whichever store gets the exclusivity rights (like HMV did with Heavy Rain).

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
fucking Gametrailers. They always do the same thing. There is NO POINT in watching that GOW3 special. You've waited 3 years for this, the game is almost here, why spoil it right at the finish line? The game will have that much more impact by seeing barely anything at all.

It's actually a little disappointing that Sony whussed out at the end of there media blackout. They could totally market this game without having to show some big huge reveal on GTTV.
Whatever, it's up to you if you wanna watch it, I definitely won't.

One more thing, it seems like it's getting time for an official thread. This is one of the biggest games of the generation so far, and it's thread is constantly on the second or third page. Let's do this game right! :D

Grooski said:
Game Australia's deal. You'd think it would be on Game UK's site but couldn't find anything. Maybe its only parts of PAL?

bannerUrl_11.jpg

Is there any place i can order the collectors edition from and have it shipped to the UK?

(excluding ebay coz the prices are a rip off from what i just saw)

BeeDog

Fortinbras said:
German M! gave 89%. Haven't read the review yet. I'll post an update later.

Nice! How did they rate the first two games? And, if I may ask, is this a harsh magazine in general (for example, what have they rated other high-profile games lately)?

UltimaKilo said:
One more thing, it seems like it's getting time for an official thread. This is one of the biggest games of the generation so far, and it's thread is constantly on the second or third page. Let's do this game right! :D
I asked earlier as well about who was doing the Official Thread and got no reply. Has anyone laid claim to it yet? If not, someone needs to get on it asap... Bruce/Solidsnakex? Anyone else?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
catashtrophe said:
Is there any place i can order the collectors edition from and have it shipped to the UK?

(excluding ebay coz the prices are a rip off from what i just saw)

The only Aus. stores offering it are EB Games and Game. Both don't ship outside of the country, unfortunately. :(

BeeDog said:
Nice! How did they rate the first two games? And, if I may ask, is this a harsh magazine in general (for example, what have they rated other high-profile games lately)?

GOW/GOW2 got 91 as far as I remember.

Other games:
Mass Effect 2: 89
Heavy Rain: 85
Final Fantasy XIII: 88
Uncharted 2: 90
Assassin's Creed 2: 92
Resonance of Fate: 83
White Knight Chronicles: 70
NSMB Wii: 90
Bioshock 2: 89

Older games:
Killzone 2: 88
Gears of War 2: 88

BeeDog said:

To put things in comparison.

Killzone 2 88%
Little Big Planet 88%
Uncharted 2 90%
Modern Warfare 2 87%
Assassins Creed 2 92%

Edit: Beaten

BeeDog said:
Thanks guys, they seem a little bit harsher than the US review outlets. :D

They are which is a good thing in my opinion. It's still my favorite German gaming magazine and it's been on the market for 15 years now I think.

Denzar

iamcool388 said:
I asked earlier as well about who was doing the Official Thread and got no reply. Has anyone laid claim to it yet? If not, someone needs to get on it asap... Bruce/Solidsnakex? Anyone else?

Yeah, someone claimed it. Forgot who though. NeoGAF has a SHIT TON of memebers.

sam27368

Banned
UltimaKilo said:
fucking Gametrailers. They always do the same thing. There is NO POINT in watching that GOW3 special. You've waited 3 years for this, the game is almost here, why spoil it right at the finish line? The game will have that much more impact by seeing barely anything at all.

It's actually a little disappointing that Sony whussed out at the end of there media blackout. They could totally market this game without having to show some big huge reveal on GTTV.
Whatever, it's up to you if you wanna watch it, I definitely won't.

Has this even aired yet? If not, aren't you jumping the gun a bit.

Denzar

Well, based on their format and past episodes he's probably right.

Since GT only does videos they are forced to show gameplay because watching 2 dudes talk is really not that interesting. Same goes for the reviews.

WHen GTTV/Spike is not provided with sufficient enough content they just repeat the same footage over and over again while Mr. Keighley is interviewing.

Top Bottom