• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

To be fair guys this seems to be turning into the "review thread", GameTrailers will spoil the game worse than anyone in here has already :lol

Monocle

Simo said:
New gameplay video but watchout HUGE SPOILERS as showcases the Poseidon boss fight seen the off-camera snaps and spoils the First Person Kill...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRCSvgnQGwM&feature=player_embedded#
That scale is something else. As critical as I can be of the series, I can't fault the presentation. Also, that was a ridiculous kill. You can bet that concept will be copied in lesser third person games for a long time to come.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Always-honest said:
first person death really...
What does this mean, seriously?

Yoshichan said:
What does this mean, seriously?
you get to see in the eyes of the person that is about to die. so awesome. different point of view. and you can almost feel Kratos rubbing his hands all over your body when he does!

So Cruzader complains that the FPK was spoiled so everyone proceeds to give away the real spoiler about the FPK? wtf? :\
I already knew, but I'm sure others didn't want to.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jett said:
You get to perform a kill while watching it from your victim's point of view.
This sounds crazy but if I
find out that it's Zeus you kill from a first person view, I'll fucking rip this place apart for spoiling me. I swear to God.

Shurs

CrayzeeCarl said:
So Cruzader complains that the FPS was spoiled so everyone proceeds to give away the real spoiler about the FPS? wtf? :\
I already knew, but I'm sure others didn't want to.

FPS? There are guns in the game?

LM4sure

Banned
DMPrince said:
you get to see in the eyes of the person that is about to die. so awesome. different point of view. and you can almost feel Kratos rubbing his hands all over your body when he does!

I feel like it will slow the gameplay down. I hate when there are these cinematic deaths in the middle of action sequences.

jett

D-Member
LM4sure said:
I feel like it will slow the gameplay down. I hate when there are these cinematic deaths in the middle of action sequences.

It just happens once as far as I know, and from what little I've seen it looks fucking amazing. Jeez.

LM4sure said:
i feel it will enhance if anything. from what I saw it of it (videos) it happens during story parts. and not actual gameplay. I could be wrong.

LM4sure

Banned
DMPrince said:
i feel it will enhance if anything. from what I saw it of it (videos) it happens during story parts. and not actual gameplay. I could be wrong.

Ok, that was my misunderstanding then. If that is the case, that's fine. Perhaps right after a boss battle it cuts to a cut scene with Kratos landing the finishing blow.

Please tell me though that there will not be those God awful CG cut scenes like the former games. I want in-game cut scenes!

neorej

ERMYGERD!
DMPrince said:

Mailed this and a pic of Kratos to my GF. I expect her to be excited about this game now too.

LM4sure said:
Ok, that was my misunderstanding then. If that is the case, that's fine. Perhaps right after a boss battle it cuts to a cut scene with Kratos landing the finishing blow.

Please tell me though that there will not be those God awful CG cut scenes like the former games. I want in-game cut scenes!

There's no CG that's for sure. (Saw in the GTTV video)

iceatcs

LM4sure said:
I'm don't mind, I mean how can I scratching my ball half-way in the game?.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Couldn't resist. Watched the clip. i don't even

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
SolidSnakex said:
Stig interview

http://g4tv.com/videos/44476/God-of-War-III-Director-Interview/?quality=hd

"We always try to make sure that the violence doesn't go so far that it's almost comical. If we find ourselves laughing then we realize that's not the kind of reaction that we want to player to be having. If the player is laughing or smiling we want it to be this uncomfortable kind of laugh."
Really? The whole reason I like GoW is the totally juvenile and comical portrayal of Greek myth.

Kratos himself is one of the most comically badass characters in gaming. I always thought they were trying to be funny...

GeoramA

Fuck that, not watching. Bunch of little clips like from GTTV are fine, but not entire gameplay segments.

*deep breath*

Two more weeks.

monocromo

MoxManiac said:
Is anyone else getting ads for GayThugDating.com in this thread?

The ads for this site are tied to your browser history

not really, just joking

I have and ad for "Folding Tables Wholesale" ... adn I think that its related to having folding written in my google search bar.

gcubed

haha, i just watched the youtube... i am halfway done with GOW1 and will be starting up GOW2 soon to be ready for 3 and i find myself sitting there going, hmm, this aint half bad for being an upscaled PS2 game... and then i watch these videos and laugh

Hixx

Simo said:
New gameplay video but watchout HUGE SPOILERS as showcases the Poseidon boss fight seen the off-camera snaps and spoils the First Person Kill...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRCSvgnQGwM&feature=player_embedded#

Not really one to care for spoilers (other than end game ones of course) but I turned that off just when I saw the QTE button come up. This is going to be fucking awesome. I actually got chills watching segments of that video, how sad :lol

Top Bottom