• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Animator

demolitio said:
What an awesome day. Just got my signed GOW Collection in. Stig literally just put STIG. :lol

Wait you got the pandoras box one>? PLEASE post pictures, especially of the box and the art book.

Animator

zoukka said:
How the fuck should I know, I haven't played DI or GoW's hades section :b

Well if you have played any Gow game in the past you should skip dantes inferno because it doesnt measure up.

demolitio

Animator said:
Wait you got the pandoras box one>? PLEASE post pictures, especially of the box and the art book.

I got the GOW Collection from a contest they had by registering on the God of War site. It's the game with 4 signatures on the disc. Pretty awesome though I'm not sure what to do with it. :lol

I might post pics later after my phone charges.

Cruzader

Banned
zoukka said:
You finished a shitty game? And IIRC the review said the Hell in DI was designed better. Whatever that means.

Well DI takes places mostly in hell, correct? Why woudnt that look more impressive or be better the GOW3's hades level? Its not like GOW3 is taking place only there and its its main theme. Frankly Titans as moving stages = any other game's level.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Yoshichan said:
This sounds crazy but if I
find out that it's Zeus you kill from a first person view, I'll fucking rip this place apart for spoiling me. I swear to God.

It's not, but it honestly shouldn't surprise you that
Kratos kills Zeus because he's going to fucking kill everyone in this game.
duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posiedon boss battle looks amazing, I jut had one problem with it.

When Gain goes to punch Poseidon, he just stays there and does nothing. They should have made him lung his spear at her, so it gives a sense of God Vs Titan: who is stronger, and have Gaia win. That would have been a lot cooler.

siarraweb

someone HAS TO make a gif
of the part where gaia gives the punch and kratos goes flying through poseidon in alone and out with his human body on the other side..

so awesome!..

zoukka

siarraweb said:
someone HAS TO make a gif of the part where gaia gives the punch and kratos goes flying through poseidon in alone and out with his human body on the other side..

so awesome!..

Thanks dick.

Dogenzaka

Banned
So apparently there is a scene where Kratos has
sex with a goddess and two other people? The scene was almost cut, but because it actually makes sense in the storyline (you use it as a means to get information), it was kept in

I'm guessing that would be Aphrodite

siarraweb

oh crap! i'm so sorry, totally forgot about the spoiler!

sorry guys!

puppyeyes.jpg

@siarraweb

Thanks douche for the spoilers, there's another trhead for that.

Edit: Puppy pic is cute and all, but that was still a douche move.

Irnbru

siarraweb said:
oh crap! i'm so sorry, totally forgot about the spoiler!

sorry guys!

http://www.dailypets.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/puppyeyes.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

At least go back and edit that spoiler

Cruzader said:
Well DI takes places mostly in hell, correct? Why woudnt that look more impressive or be better the GOW3's hades level? Its not like GOW3 is taking place only there and its its main theme. Frankly Titans as moving stages = any other game's level.

Kind of Apples and Oranges IMO because Hades isn't really "Hell" so to speak.

The hell in Dante's Inferno is the Christianized one which is completely different than the Greek One.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Dogenzaka said:
So apparently there is a scene where Kratos has
sex with a goddess and two other people? The scene was almost cut, but because it actually makes sense in the storyline (you use it as a means to get information), it was kept in

I'm guessing that would be Aphrodite

Kratos shags Aphrodite while two of her female servants watch and comment on KRatos' sexual provess

monocromo

Oliver, Oliver... what have you done..? why did you do that..?

I want to kick that dog in the head... RAGE SIARRA, RAGE!

is the LE even worth getting other than the box seeing as half of the shit is Digital release :\

I know at least one person that preordered at BB for the LE. if it's worth picking up i'm going to lie and say that's mine :lol.

Chris_C

Can someone please provide me with a link to the GTTV footage that everyone seems to be going nuts over? (Not the Youtube vid with huge spolers please!).

methane47

WOAH WOAH WHOA!!!!

Just tried the demo!! ... i know i'm late ... but yeah I never got the beta demo last year and i've been soooo busy i only got around to downloading last week's demo last night.. I jUST got home from work and put it on..

MY GOD..and this is A YEAR OLD!?!?

Jeels

just played the demo myself, it was really fun, but i had a few issues. have things like framerate and animations been fixed. some of it felt...archaic?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
This thread made me cancel my x360 Final Fantasy pre-order on Amazon and pre-order God of War 3 instead. Holy cow, I'm hyped now!!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jeels said:
just played the demo myself, it was really fun, but i had a few issues. have things like framerate and animations been fixed. some of it felt...archaic?

Frame rate yes, apparently. Plus they added motion blur, fixed shadows and moved AA on a SPU (with better results I suppose)

Animations... I don't know. Look good to me.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
VanMardigan said:
This thread made me cancel my x360 Final Fantasy pre-order on Amazon and pre-order God of War 3 instead. Holy cow, I'm hyped now!!

So you have a PS3 and a 360 and for some reason you were going to get the 360 version of FFXIII?

TTP said:
Animations... I don't know. Look good to me.

When people complain about the animations in a GOW game I don't know what to say. They are distinctly un-Japanese, but other than that I can't see how anyone could criticize them. Well, I guess jumping has always been a bit goofy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
PS3 had to enter the fourth dimension for the game to be possible. Hence apocalyps3 is explained.

Jeels

hey_it's_that_dog said:
When people complain about the animations in a GOW game I don't know what to say. They are distinctly un-Japanese, but other than that I can't see how anyone could criticize them. Well, I guess jumping has always been a bit goofy.

Maybe it was because the frame rate was so bad. I loved the animations in GOW1 and 2, it just seemed weird.

Monocle

DodgerSan said:
I only ever played GOW 1, and had a kind of love/hate relationship with it. Some parts were amazing and others were frustrating as buggery for no good reason.

Is 2 better? Does it pull the same trick of making you go backwards and forwards for 2 hours solving 'puzzles'?

I ask because if I were to play 3, I'd want to go through 2 first.
I was underwhelmed by GOW. My disappointment with the uneven difficulty, tedious puzzles, short campaign, multiple game-breaking glitches, lack of new game +, and somewhat shallow combat greatly exceeded my admiration of its spectacular set pieces and outrageous violence. GOW2 solved every one of those issues. It is better balanced and paced, more polished, more memorable, far less frustrating, more satisfying in terms of combat depth and variety, and a hell of a lot more fun than the original game. Buy it, play it, love it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
hey_it's_that_dog said:

I'm guessing he means some of the transitions, which also bugged me in the demo. They still have the sliding enemy death scenes if they need to reposition on the screen for the QTE, along with not having context sensitive kills which has a pretty abrupt weapon change(and that's not just the demo :(). The climbing felt the same, though I did play the demo right after AC2 and UC2 sooo, yeah. It just feels gamey and stiff in that aspect. I can still understand most of it, like the weird enemy slides so you can see, but I still can't believe they don't have the context sensitive kills with different weapons, because that was a complaint I already had with GoW2.

Top Bottom