• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA VI should only run at 30fps on PS5 Pro, says Digital Foundry

XXL

You now...
Exactly why not spending 700 for relatively minor gains. My 4090 will run GTA6 no problem.

You before...
Yes, and if console generations are going to be longer, we need Pro consoles. Im ok with it. A 400-500 dollar consile every 4-5 years, while not HAVING to upgrade to enjoy the generation of games, is a good thing. People upgrade their cell phones quicker than that and in many cases they are well over 1k.

They dont have to, and in my belief wont make an XSX pro this time. The Series X is currently already 2TF’s more powerful than PS5. The series S is a cheaper option for people to join in on this gen.

I Get It Now Season 1 GIF by SHOWTIME

Last edited:

AGRacing

We aren’t dealing with Jaguar cores anymore. 60 fps should be no problem whatsoever for an optimized game on what is undoubtedly their lead platform.

But, as always, I’d take a 40hz quality mode without complaining!

Gamezone

Gold Member
Amazing that some games can't run at 60 FPS on modern consoles with today's frame generation and upscaling technologies.

yogaflame

Don't underestimate the secret sauce PSSR. By that time GTA6 launch, the PSSR ML has learned so much. I'm confident it will be 4k/60 fps as standard and if with RT on, it will be around 4k/50-60 fps. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Kerotan

A fine bump my friend, a fine bump.
There was a comment last Saturday. I've had bigger bumps in my pants.
They said that after seeing that they was most likely wrong after seeing it in action.

Backpedaling
💯
They have their fingers crossed that it won't though. It's going to get pretty interesting around these parts if it is
Of course they do. They've love nothing more then shit on it and conclude "wait for pc port". If the base ps5 has a 60fps mode it'll have a very low resolution but would look beautiful on the Pro.

Even if it's not a solid 60fps, VRR will do the trick.

Top Bottom