• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

klodeckel

Banned
I7lVKPt.png

So exciting!

Pop

Nvm Poster already

I like the ladder system, sounds interesting. Still fear for solo players not being able to crack into the top ranks cause of teams.

Blueblur1

So in terms of player customization:

-No matching various armor pieces
- No emblems on armor
- Mark V and ODST are missing from Halo 4 (again).
- It doesn't update the colors on your spartan and can only be seen in game.
-weapon customization on Halo 4 weapons is gone (oh noooo....)

Hope some of this stuff gets patched back in, as it's pretty lame how streamlined it got.

I can't believe all of that is missing. Whatever happened to getting all of the games exactly as we remembered them?

Mesonak

I can't believe all of that is missing. Whatever happened to getting all of the games exactly as we remembered them?

It's pretty appalling. It may be a pipe dream, but I hope 343 is able to patch in things at a later date (once the more serious issues have been sorted out, of course). It baffles me as to why they would omit full-fledged armor customization.

From gaming side (new/old?):
Update from 343:

"We are aware of the issues players have been experiencing with matchmaking and we’re working around the clock, alongside the Xbox Live team, to improve the situation. We have deployed an update that has shown some improvement, and we continue to optimize the experience. The update deployed to matchmaking was done on the server side and does not require an extra download to your Xbox One. This is our top priority and will keep everyone updated regularly as we deploy continued improvements."

Impala26

It's pretty appalling. It may be a pipe dream, but I hope 343 is able to patch in things at a later date (once the more serious issues have been sorted out, of course). It baffles me as to why they would omit full-fledged armor customization.

They'll package it in with a ODST and Reach expansion and charge $39.99 for it...

wait... that's... not a bad deal actually...SHIT!

jem0208

First H2A game was alright... Me vs 2 others on Shrine.

I lost but it was still a lot of fun. This game, when it works, is fantastic.

I7lVKPt.png

So exciting!

Impressive

They talked of potentially patching in a Halo 4 campaign theatre in 2012 so I should think they'd be capable of doing armour stuff. Like I said previously, I hope they don't pull the 'we're crunching hard working on preparing Halo 5; Guardians right now' card when it comes to MCC.

AlStrong

They'll package it in with a ODST and Reach expansion and charge $39.99 for it...

wait... that's... not a bad deal actually...SHIT!

Well, I hope they commission the porting job to start sooner rather than later. These titles need the time to work out the technical kinks.

Obscured

I've had a chance to play each one now. MP has been working much better for me.

I thought it would be more difficult jumping between games, but it feels pretty good. Hardest thing so far is I can't tell where I should aim in classic Halo 2 and to a lesser extent Halo CE.

Can't wait till MM is a bit more sorted and I can start getting a regular group to play with. I need some to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Does ANY playlist work better for some than others? I just want to okay anything!

I was having the best luck earlier in Halo 2 Anniversary, but then Team slayer started working well for me.

Mesonak

They talked of potentially patching in a Halo 4 campaign theatre in 2012 so I should think they'd be capable of doing armour stuff. Like I said previously, I hope they don't pull the 'we're crunching hard working on preparing Halo 5; Guardians right now' card when it comes to MCC.

Yeah, I remember the campaign theater debacle. Obviously that never went anywhere, but they should still have the ability.

Hopefully, so long as they're aware it's something people want, it'll get added to the increasingly long list of stuff to patch.

Matchmaking is getting much better for me. Still takes a while and I'm not getting full games (teams are often unbalanced) but at lest I'm finding a few games.

Kind of glad I wasn't able to pick this up at launch, with all these issues. I know jack shit about programing/networking/etc so I'll try to be understanding of 343/Microsoft, but for a release this major I'm surprised a lot of these issues didn't get sorted out. Never know what will happen until it's out in the wild, though.

Grexeno

So I hopped in the team slayer playlist (4v4) and it's looking for 16 people.

What in the actual fuck is this
Some of this stuff can't be explained away by simple "launch day server stress." This looks more to be busted and buggy on a fundamental level.

ElRenoRaven

So I hopped in the team slayer playlist (4v4) and it's looking for 20 people.

What in the actual fuck is this

That's nothing. I've 3 times gotten games. 1st was Prisoner Halo 1 with a full 10 folks. Game starts and there is only our team of 5. Game wouldn't end or anything.

2nd time was Halo 1 and I can't remember the map but it errored out right away. Then last was Lockout Halo 2 4 on 3 with 2 on the other team quiting out. So so far Im 1 and 3 if you wanna call it that consider the last one was 3 of us who didn't quit on my team hunting down the 1 on the other team who didn't quit.

Random17

No sword cancelling in Halo 2 apparently. Can it be patched back in please? It was a huge part of custom games and speedrunning.

(Sword flying != sword cancelling)

DJ Gunner

That's nothing. I've 3 times gotten games. 1st was Prisoner Halo 1 with a full 10 folks. Game starts and there is only our team of 5. Game wouldn't end or anything.

2nd time was Halo 1 and I can't remember the map but it errored out right away. Then last was Lockout Halo 2 4 on 3 with 2 on the other team quiting out. So so far Im 1 and 3 if you wanna call it that consider the last one was 3 of us who didn't quit on my team hunting down the 1 on the other team who didn't quit.

Quitters I can deal with, and isn't a result of matchmaking wonkiness (usually).

However, going into the 4v4 TS playlist and ending up on Lockout FIVE VS TWO is something else entirely....

Top Bottom