• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

More adventures in solo que, this time team captains a dumb asshole.

C9lgaoq.png

Picks monk/illidan into first pick Xul after NOT banning him on spider queen.

Valus

More adventures in solo que, this time team captains a dumb asshole.

Picks monk/illidan into first pick Xul after NOT banning him on spider queen.

You guys only died 8 times? Looks like your team made a stupid decision late game and threw it.

Had a game where we were evenly matched until one person made a mistake, died with some coins, someone threw out an insult and then three people started fighting for the rest of the match in team chat, intentionally throwing it. Like we could have easily competed and maybe won but they just sat there insulting each other for the rest of the match. One person DC'd and then they spent the remainder of the match fighting for AI control, with one person trying to feed the bot in lane.

There's just no substantive consequence for being an asshole to a random person you might never get matched up with again.

MOBA's are toxic, news at 11.

Zeratul is such a sweet character to play as. What other character can remove one enemy from combat jump into the enemy base to take out another jump back out and continue fighting.
Hammer is annoying to play against but VPing her was always an option that let us win fights easily even when they were turtling up.
Still messed up a bunch of times and lost my GP stacks like 4 times but we won so idc.
I was positively impressed how much I was seen, everyone but their thrall decloaked me and shot skillshots in my direction at my rank!

Managed to get my team to push keep and core after a successful teamfight, were able to just finish it. We had a huge lead only for my team to inexplicably pvp on BHB and losing despite talent advantage earlier. Lost boss, lost on coins but the early lead was just enough we could finish after 20.
I like how the lvl advantage is pretty much gone once you reach 20 makes for an interesting dynamic, though one could probably argue scaling should ramp up after 20 to make XP more worthwhile late and to speed up games.

All in all good day, lots of flaming but that's just par for the course. Oh and a nova, ofc we lost that one.

Maledict

I'm really not getting the new KT at all. Fun in ARAM where people have to cluster together, but in normal matches he seems really, really weak.

Maledict

His E is now worthless.

In order to do effective damage he has to be in Auto attack range.

He dies later on as he has zero escapes at all.

Whilst I don't mind losing double W, his entire kit just feels ****ing shit now. They clearly haven't actually played him in real matches versus Li-Ming because it's just humiliating.

Maledict

I'm just talking in general - the range on his abilities is far less than Li-Mings, particularly living bomb but also flamestrike. If you want to get any use out of living bomb you need to be casting it on two targets, which is really hard unless they have two tanks (in which case you have bigger problems anyways).

I just don't see why he would ever be picked over Jaina or Li-Ming - he fels fragile and without much pay-off to show for it.

Alur

Dunk and co were saying he is back and will be picked in their rundown, however. The THH before last.

He seems fine to me. No one beats LM, but when she's not there he works.

Milly79

Yeah on this weeks THH they shit on him.

Like I said, I think the changes and diversity he gained are a good stepping stone. He could use some more tweaks, I think. I do like how he's not brain dead easy anymore. Yeah, you're probably gonna build one way and augment your abilities however you built, but I feel there's a lot more choices to be made now.

Maledict

I'd agree - I like his actual talent choices now (although am a bit iffy about how his mana barrier talent seems necessery).

His issues really are the fact he has a very large hitbox and no defenses, particulary post 20. At the same time, his abilities are much shorter than Li-Ming, and do less damage. Additionally, if the enemy team doesn't group up, his damage is anaemic.

If they tune some of the numbers up (increase speed on E, decrease fury time further, increase damage on W), he might be a decent pick against heavy melee teams.

Ketch

I think it would be cool if they kept everything on him as is except dramatically buff the sphere' version of his abilities. Like D Q gives you flamethrower range and even more extra damage, DW increases range and damage/duration along with free casting. And DE stuns everything in its path for 1.5 seconds.

I think it would make him stronger while increasing skill required and talent diversity.

Ketch

On ptr I was going resistance, D cooldown, relentless, whatever heroic, spell shield, over kill damage, bob and weave.

Whelp, Garden of terror is now the worst map ever because the majority of people do not know how the new terror works and still treat it like the old way, and they ignore you when you try to tell them it doesnt work like that.

Yea won my garden terror game yesterday because enemy team kept dropping the plant and running away.

yea, same here. match went on to like level 27 because enemy kept getting terror early but not using it properly, then my team got it together late and was able to come back.

we literally came back cause the guy getting the terror on enemy team all game was doing it wrong.

Being on the other side of that is the worst tho.

Celegus

Any ideal talent builds for new Tychus? He seems really good. Does a ton of damage now with his D to big heroes.
Most of the new talents seem fairly competitive so far. The master assassin buff is nuts if it's a map like shrines or towers with a lot of fighting (provided your team isn't getting steamrolled). His D really can shred fools quick and is available to use quite often. Bob and weave at 20 seems like a must though, which I am loving. Kind of like lunara's nitro boost at 20 where you can just gtfo of almost anything.

Alur

Re: Garden of Terror, played a game yesterday with Milly where our Diablo kept insisting that I take terror (I was Morales, we also had an Uther. There's a correct option if you want one of those two to take it and it's not Morales IMO.)

Then, as the enemy would push, he continually pinged me to retreat and told me to team fight with our terror because it didn't work the old way anymore. He said it was a team fight objective now. The patch notes say, however, that the Terror's "Basic Attack damage reduced by 15%"...aka, it's not as good for team fighting anymore. It still works, it's just been nerfed.

So anyway, the enemy team is pushing our middle fort, I'm solo pushing theirs as our Terror. We trade forts...but I'm doing it wrong. Every time I got the thing, he tried to get me to fight with it instead of push. I assume he thought the W nerf meant that the thing just didn't work at all anymore or something, not realizing that it simply means you have to stay with the W now. It was weird.

Anyway, thanks to rage pinging Diablo the game dragged on for a good bit before we finally ended it and won despite him.

brian!

Tbh if it comes down to fighting for prevention seeds vs. picking up a terror that's counting down id probably just fight for seeds now

Azzurri

So I decided to give Hots a second shot and I'm really enjoying it this time around. I'm still not to fond of the F2P model, but I can live with it. I think I've spent like $40 on heroes and skins. Saving up gold for Master Skins, plus I have Blizz Bnet cards too I can add to my account.

Anyways, I've been trying out a decent amount of Heroes to which group I like so when I get to rank I have a pool to pick from. So far I really like Thrall, The Butcher, Rehgar, Diablo and some others, still need to try some more.

I really hate going against Illidan,Johanna and Brightwing, but other than that no other heroes piss me off like those ones do.

The problem with KT and the new Living Bomb interaction is if you're not playing against total halfwits, his damage is easily negated by simply moving away from each other. Plus he has to be so close to apply it, sometimes trying to even get into range is problematic as well. That Level 20 Living Bomb talent is worthless.

Talents still don't modify tooltips right? Like if you pick a talent that "increases damage of E by 50%", the tool tip for E shows the original value of 100, not 150.

Alur

Anyways, I've been trying out a decent amount of Heroes to which group I like so when I get to rank I have a pool to pick from. So far I really like Thrall, The Butcher, Rehgar, Diablo and some others, still need to try some more..

All of those are in a good spot too. If you have the time, I highly recommend leveling each hero to 5 during it's free week. Helps you learn + you get that free 500g. Really helps with acquiring new heroes.

Talents still don't modify tooltips right? Like if you pick a talent that "increases damage of E by 50%", the tool tip for E shows the original value of 100, not 150.

I don't think it shows in the top part of the tooltip, just as an addendum at the bottom AFAIK.

Maledict

Yeah, that Hammer level 20 upgrade is bloody stupid in ARAM. It's an auto loss at that point given the core has no shields, unless you can win in the next minute or so. And screw the idiots who take it over the objections of their own team mates.

That's another reason it should be it's own mode and not a custom game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom